Minshew traded to Eagles

YoloinOhio

52 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

This is one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen. They took HALF of Trevor Lawrence's snaps away for the duration of training camp and gave them to Minshew in this sham of a competition, then traded the one person who is adequately prepared to be that team's backup for essentially nothing. 

You’re forgetting Luuuuuuuuuuuuuton.

17 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

This is one of the dumbest trades I've ever seen. They took HALF of Trevor Lawrence's snaps away for the duration of training camp and gave them to Minshew in this sham of a competition, then traded the one person who is adequately prepared to be that team's backup for essentially nothing. 

I See No Lies.  The only way it would make sense is if Minshew basically demanded it and wasn't taking his demotion well, and they felt locker room chemistry would benefit from bringing in someone else (either with a similar low-level trade or from the cutting room floor).

Kyle Allen from Washington strikes me as a potential candidate - a guy who has shown he can play decently on 2 NFL teams, but perhaps without the "swag"

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I See No Lies.  The only way it would make sense is if Minshew basically demanded it and wasn't taking his demotion well, and they felt locker room chemistry would benefit from bringing in someone else (either with a similar low-level trade or from the cutting room floor).

Kyle Allen from Washington strikes me as a potential candidate - a guy who has shown he can play decently on 2 NFL teams, but perhaps without the "swag"

They did trade him to one of the only teams on which he could plausibly win the starting job before too long, so in a sense they did him a big favor.