Bills sign WR Steven Sims

YoloinOhio

I'm late to the party on this thread, but I think Sims has a chance to stick on the 53-man roster.

For one thing, McKenzie may not be ready for week 1, and even if he is, I'm not sure the staff is 100% comfortable with him as the primary return man. Stevenson has also had some ball security issues when fielding punts throughout camp.

As for the player himself, he actually reminds me a lot of McKenzie. Despite limited snaps on offense through two seasons, he's produced some big plays and some touchdowns. Despite whatever his combine numbers may say, he also looks quick, fast, and shifty on the football field. I encourage you all to go watch the 2019 and 2020 Steven Sims highlights on Youtube. It's easy to see exactly how he would fit into the Bills offense as well as the return game.

If McKenzie is lost for any lengthy amount of time, Sims has a better chance to make the roster than most might think for a guy added this late.

• Like (+1) 1

This is the part that kills me. It's a problem with McKenzie too.

One muffed punt can be the difference between a win and a loss. Particularly in the playoffs.

It's times like these, I wish we just paid Andre Roberts his $2.5M

He sounds like a vaccinated Mckenzie.  He has made some dynamic plays.  Looks quicker than fast.  Looks to have tools to play in the slot.  Looks like a much bigger threat than Powell was.  Maybe he is cut next week and this was just a body.  At one point Mckenzie was just a body too.  

11 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

If Breida is active on Sundays, he could also be in the mix at returner. He hasn't done it since his rookie year, but he's fast, agile, and has good hands. 

Man I would love to see that. Brieda is fantastic in space.

That would be perfect really. He's pretty much a roster lock anyhow, so we don't need to give a guy a spot that wouldn't otherwise make the roster, like Sims/Powell and perhaps Stevenson (sp?).

Edited by Tom Donahoe, GM