Do you think the Bills should sign a solid vet corner ahead of the season?

Rigotz

Do you think the Bills should sign a solid vet corner ahead of the season?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the Bills should sign a solid vet corner ahead of the season?

• Yes
    • No

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

As others noted, I trust McDermott and Frazier the most with secondary valuations.  Last season, our dline underperformed.  We upgraded for sure there, and that will pay dividends for the back 7.  

I'm less concerned about Levi, but depth like others noted.  However, give Dane and Wildgoose a chance.  Both were coached well in college, physical corners and have the other intangibles to be good in our defense.  Neither is Tre White good, but let's be honest, we aren't replacing Tre with anyone cut at this point, or later, if Tre would to get injured.  Dane could replace Levi, yes a downgrade now but he is more than capable.

Our dline plays like they should, and Tremaine/Milano rebound, then our defense will be much improved.  Now if someone unexpected is let go, then I agree we should keep options open.  But I see it unlikely

Last year we had Josh Norman as a veteran CB  and it was very good.  Even though Josh lost a step, he was still good and turned a couple of games with his play.   We will need that depth going into a year where the Bills are a good favorite to go to the Super Bowl.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

Last year we had Josh Norman as a veteran CB  and it was very good.  Even though Josh lost a step, he was still good and turned a couple of games with his play.   We will need that depth going into a year where the Bills are a good favorite to go to the Super Bowl.

Yea they paid Josh too much for the play he provided, that's fair, and he struggled against Tennessee when asked to cover AJ Brown 1 on 1.... newflash.... AJ Brown is really darn good. But he was solid depth for the most part. Not as good as a starter but not a big drop off. I worry at the moment that the drop off even from Levi to Dane is a big one. Big, big game for Dane tonight. He HAS to play better than last week.

3 hours ago, BTB said:

Sorry if this has been answered recently, but how much cap space do the Bills have right now?

Spotrac has us today at $5.3 mil. in cap space, and OTC has us at $7.2 mil. in space.

Probably somewhere in the middle.  All the rooks are signed and typically teams like around this amount for an emergency fund for signing a guy off the streets when one of our starters goes to IR or PUP and looks like our for a major portion of the season.