Steelers sign Melvin Ingram

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

We trampled the steelers?  We beat them by 11 and had a pick 7.  9-7 at the half.  Our O couldn’t do anything in the first half and they were missing some of their best players.  You act as if because we beat a team one season that it’s an automatic win the following.  That’s just not the case.  We’ll be the favorites.  They have a chance to win.  

Currently we're a 6.5 point favorite. That's pretty big for a week 1 game. I just don't know how Pittsburgh will block anybody with a new starter at every position on the offensive line, all of which are average players at best. It's hard to win football games without a decent offensive line. Their chance of winning will come down to completely stifling our offense to keep the game low scoring and the ball bouncing their way a few times. I think talent wise they are a .500 team.

57 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Agree.  I could be totally wrong (and I am often) but with the Steelers schedule this year I see them having a hard time winning 8 games or more.

The Steelers future is bleak, they could be at the back of their conference for a long time.  The have no real heir for Big Ben and now they haVE to face Joe Burrow, Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield. all three up and coming potential superstars.

• Like (+1) 1

A good signing for the Steelers but doesn't actually address their critical issues. Mainly their O-line is terrible and Big Ben is declining. This signing is a good low risk play for their defense but the defense already has Watt and Bud Dupree as primary pass rushers so while Ingram can be a good addition but it doesn't move the needle towards their primary needs.

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

He did in the last offense and it was one of the lease effective attacks Ben has commanded since he was a rookie.  They canned the OC so who knows what their offense will look like this year. 

Yeah, I know it's not effective, but Ben is going to get rid of the ball if he thinks he will get hit, regardless of effectiveness. He isn't the Big Ben of 2010 anymore where he can make throws with defenders hanging on him, or shrugging off defenders to extend the play.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Currently we're a 6.5 point favorite. That's pretty big for a week 1 game. I just don't know how Pittsburgh will block anybody with a new starter at every position on the offensive line, all of which are average players at best. It's hard to win football games without a decent offensive line. Their chance of winning will come down to completely stifling our offense to keep the game low scoring and the ball bouncing their way a few times. I think talent wise they are a .500 team.

I agree completely. But I think, talent wise, they’ll be fielding a slightly team than they did vs us last season.  Their OL might be slightly worse but I feel that their D and running game will be improved.  Their D shut us down the entire first half minus one drive which led to a FG.  They didn’t have Devin Bush or Joe Haden that game. They’ll be back.  Dupree was a big loss but he was

didn’t even play in that game either. Their playcalling on O last year was dreadful.  It cold be worse this year, but it could also be much better.  John connor is a bum.  Najee Harris is not.  I’m not saying that they are a great team by any means, but they are well coached (imo, I know many here think Tomlin stink fwr), have a HoF qb and one of the best defenses in the league.  As I mentioned, we lost to the .500 Arizona cardinals last year. We should win…..but I wouldn’t be entirely shocked if we took an L

Lots can change in one offseason.  Look at our team from 2019 to 2020.  We went from a defensive led playoff team to one of the best offenses in the league with a middling defense.  

2 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

A good signing for the Steelers but doesn't actually address their critical issues. Mainly their O-line is terrible and Big Ben is declining. This signing is a good low risk play for their defense but the defense already has Watt and Bud Dupree as primary pass rushers so while Ingram can be a good addition but it doesn't move the needle towards their primary needs.

Good points and maybe some insight as to why the signing.

Bud Dupree is gone, maybe they wanted another attacker to maximize Watt on the other side.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Good points and maybe some insight as to why the signing.

Bud Dupree is gone, maybe they wanted another attacker to maximize Watt on the other side.

Forgot the Steelers lost Dupree, but the Steelers have some grave issues on their Oline that even if this signing works out will still be a big problem.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, NewEra said:

We trampled the steelers?  We beat them by 11 and had a pick 7.  9-7 at the half.  Our O couldn’t do anything in the first half and they were missing some of their best players.  You act as if because we beat a team one season that it’s an automatic win the following.  That’s just not the case.  We’ll be the favorites.  They have a chance to win.  

beat them by 11 and basically put our offense into cruise control by the middle of the fourth. We handled that team when all was said and done. 

i've noticed you get super irritated when anyone acts confident about this team being a favorite or thinking we'll handle a team. You did this song and dance for 5 pages about the titans earlier this summer. Sure its the NFL, man. We all know "any given sunday" and all that. Parity reigns in the NFL and both teams will have slightly different personnel. speaking of which, the steelers lost arguably their top 2 db's and 3 starts on an offensive line that was garbage to begin with. They do get Bush back, though....All that being said, this looks to me like 2 teams headed in different directions. Couple that with the atmosphere of homefield and i'm betting big on buffalo. Factoring in all that, yes, i would be surprised if we didnt handle business week 1... BTW vegas agrees. Last i checked the 6.5 was the 1st or 2nd largest spread of opening weekend.

16 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Forgot the Steelers lost Dupree, but the Steelers have some grave issues on their Oline that even if this signing works out will still be a big problem.

Hilton and Nelson were both big losses in the secondary as well. I live in "Stiller" country. They were all VERY upset when they couldnt get hilton locked back up for their nickel. he's one of the best. Beasley should eat week 1.

On 7/19/2021 at 4:54 PM, NewEra said:

The Steelers D could be really good.  I don’t know how much he has left in the tank but his skill set fits their system really well.  

We’re the better team, but I wouldn’t be completely shocked if the steelers upset us weak 1.  

23 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Bills are bringing back most of the roster that went 13-3 and trampled the Steelers last year. I dont see the Steelers have upgraded so much that they would have a large advantage in Game 1 of the season. 

Setting aside "anything can happen on a Sunday", I would be completely shocked if we lose to the Steelers and start our SB campaign on the wrong foot

22 hours ago, NewEra said:

51 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

beat them by 11 and basically put our offense into cruise control by the middle of the fourth. We handled that team when all was said and done. 

i've noticed you get super irritated when anyone acts confident about this team being a favorite or thinking we'll handle a team. You did this song and dance for 5 pages about the titans earlier this summer. Sure its the NFL, man. We all know "any given sunday" and all that. Parity reigns in the NFL and both teams will have slightly different personnel. speaking of which, the steelers lost arguably their top 2 db's and 3 starts on an offensive line that was garbage to begin with. They do get Bush back, though....All that being said, this looks to me like 2 teams headed in different directions. Couple that with the atmosphere of homefield and i'm betting big on buffalo. Factoring in all that, yes, i would be surprised if we didnt handle business week 1... BTW vegas agrees. Last i checked the 6.5 was the 1st or 2nd largest spread of opening weekend.

Hilton and Nelson were both big losses in the secondary as well. I live in "Stiller" country. They were all VERY upset when they couldnt get hilton locked back up for their nickel. he's one of the best. Beasley should eat week 1.

I stated my opinion.  I didn’t quote other members posts….others quoted my post.  I think you have this the other way around.  Just short of 20 years reading this board several times a day, every day, I see the same folks getting very irritated when someone says anything that isn’t rose colored about our beloved team.  Many of those folks rarely, if EVER, say ANYTHING negative about the bills.  I say negative and positive things.  

I watched the game multiple times.  Take away one really bad Big Ben pass and it’s a different ball game.  That pass, which occurred about halfway through the game, helped get the momentum on our side and we were able to control the clock.  It was a nice win vs a sinking ship.  I’m sorry that I irritated others that didn’t like my opinion on the game and I replied, stating my opinion on their opinion…..on a message board.  

regarding the titans.  They beat us handily and I read several posts saying that they aren’t even in our league and are no threat to us.  I think that take is nonsense and I stated my opinion on a message board accordingly.

I notice that you get irritated when others say negative things about the bills that you disagree with……

i didn’t know irritated = stating an opinion opposite of the person you’re replying too.

Thanks for the enlightenment 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

I stated my opinion.  I didn’t quote other members posts….others quoted my post.  I think you have this the other way around.  Just short of 20 years reading this board several times a day, every day, I see the same folks getting very irritated when someone says anything that isn’t rose colored about our beloved team.  Many of those folks rarely, if EVER, say ANYTHING negative about the bills.  I say negative and positive things.  

I watched the game multiple times.  Take away one really bad Big Ben pass and it’s a different ball game.  That pass, which occurred about halfway through the game, helped get the momentum on our side and we were able to control the clock.  It was a nice win vs a sinking ship.  I’m sorry that I irritated others that didn’t like my opinion on the game and I replied, stating my opinion on their opinion…..on a message board.  

regarding the titans.  They beat us handily and I read several posts saying that they aren’t even in our league and are no threat to us.  I think that take is nonsense and I stated my opinion on a message board accordingly.

I notice that you get irritated when others say negative things about the bills that you disagree with……

i didn’t know irritated = stating an opinion opposite of the person you’re replying too.

The pick changes nothing about the fact that they could literally do nothing the whole 2nd half nor could they stop our offense the whole 2nd half. Unless you let momentum hold that much value. In which case i strongly disagree.

And the 2nd bolded simply isnt true. its just i find it super odd to put so much energy into making sure we all understand any team can beat any other team, anytime people express confidence that the bills should handle a team. Its a weird hill to die on and go page to page to debate about..... guess thats just me, i dunno. 

i'll also add that i wouldnt refer to the steelers as a "sinking ship" simply in the past tense. IMO that ship is still gradually sinking. It may not be a huge leak but its going down regardless.

..... but ya. they could win. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Have to agree with you.  No the Bills didnt trample or have their way with the Steelers till the int.  We were fortunate to have played the 2020 version of Big Ben or I think we lose that game.   And when we played them it was a sinking ship.  That is not to say I am not nervous about the Steelers game, we get Big Ben when he will likely be at his best before the wear and tear on him this year.

1 hour ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The pick changes nothing about the fact that they could literally do nothing the whole 2nd half nor could they stop our offense the whole 2nd half. Unless you let momentum hold that much value. In which case i strongly disagree.

And the 2nd bolded simply isnt true. its just i find it super odd to put so much energy into making sure we all understand any team can beat any other team, anytime people express confidence that the bills should handle a team. Its a weird hill to die on and go page to page to debate about..... guess thats just me, i dunno. 

i'll also add that i wouldnt refer to the steelers as a "sinking ship" simply in the past tense. IMO that ship is still gradually sinking. It may not be a huge leak but its going down regardless.

..... but ya. they could win. 

And we couldn’t do anything for half the game.  We have different perspectives of “trample”.      

regarding the bolded, please put me on ignore. I see you do this to everyone who talks negatively.  This “Hill to die on” crap is just that.  Crap. “So much energy”……lol.  Seems like you need to work on your stamina if this is “so much energy”.   People are quoting me……how am I going page to page trying to debate people?  Im simply replying to those that quote me.  Am I seen as the guy that calls people out when they talk what I see as nonsense about other good teams/players?  I’m good with that.   

how is “sinking ship” past tense?  Because I talked about last years team?  When we beat them, they had just lost their first game and one of their best players to injury.  They then continued to lose every week.  It was a team that was sinking…,,I won’t pretend to know how good or bad they’ll be in 2021, it’s a new season.  We’re the better team and will probably win, but a HoF qB, HC and possibly the best D in the league could give us a run

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And we couldn’t do anything for half the game.  We have different perspectives of “trample”.      

regarding the bolded, please put me on ignore. I see you do this to everyone who talks negatively.  This “Hill to die on” crap is just that.  Crap. “So much energy”……lol.  Seems like you need to work on your stamina if this is “so much energy”.   People are quoting me……how am I going page to page trying to debate people?  Im simply replying to those that quote me.  Am I seen as the guy that calls people out when they talk what I see as nonsense about other good teams/players?  I’m good with that.   

how is “sinking ship” past tense?  Because I talked about last years team?  When we beat them, they had just lost their first game and one of their best players to injury.  They then continued to lose every week.  It was a team that was sinking…,,I won’t pretend to know how good or bad they’ll be in 2021, it’s a new season.  We’re the better team and will probably win, but a HoF qB, HC and possibly the best D in the league could give us a run

dont be so dramatic

no. i really dont, because i have plenty of concerns about our team

thank you for your service

chill bro. it was more of a general thought than an accusation.... jesus dude.

and again, the fact that you feel like its your duty to hammer that last point home about multiple teams anytime somebody seems a bit overly confident is weird.

.... but now i'm expending my much needed stamina on really pointless things to be bothered by so i'm gonna go ahead and move on. Good talk, friend.

Edited by Stank_Nasty