DeSantis For President in 2024?

On 8/18/2023 at 4:35 PM, The Frankish Reich said:

It was deliberately leaked by his far and away dominant PAC. A PAC led by the same guy who has now been pulled into the immediate DeSantis campaign. 

It was leaked because it's illegal for these PACs to coordinate with campaigns. In other words, the PAC people can't call the DeSantis campaign people and say "you're doing it wrong; here's what our research shows would work better." So they posted - briefly, but long enough for everyone including the campaign to take notice - a strategy memo for everyone to see. Technically no "coordination" that way. There's nothing happenstance or "outsider" here.

So what advice did he take from this open list? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I don't know. I wasn't about to read hundreds of pages of oppo research.

It looks like he refrained from giving Vivek a nickname, which is the only thing I remember about what was in that long memo. Good for him.

More like the memo was BS.

Just now, Doc said:

More like the memo was BS.

It was clearly NOT bs. It was from his own PAC, the one that's raised the most money for him. And the head of that PAC left to join the DeSantis campaign itself.

I suspect you'll be seeing a lot of what's in that memo start to seep into the day-to-day DeSantis campaign now. He couldn't very well follow the script at the debate since Vivek would've been ready for a comeback on that.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

It was clearly NOT bs. It was from his own PAC, the one that's raised the most money for him. And the head of that PAC left to join the DeSantis campaign itself.

I suspect you'll be seeing a lot of what's in that memo start to seep into the day-to-day DeSantis campaign now. He couldn't very well follow the script at the debate since Vivek would've been ready for a comeback on that.

The memo was verified to be from the PAC?

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Why are you doubling down on it? Things can change but that was a memo on debate prep which he did not follow so it is already wrong. If he follows any of it now it does not verify the memo since so much is fairly generic items. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is the first post debate poll commissioned by 538/IPSOS/WP, it polled 775 Likely voters and caucus goers and it polled people before and after the debate.

It only measured people who watched the debate.

DeSantis first with 29% and Vivek second with 26% of "Who won the debate".   I'd venture to guess that the majority of Vivek's 26% are identify as MAGA Trump Republicans who won't vote for him anyway.

This was interesting, you can see inside the internals that DeSantis despite being by far the most attacked candidate with over $20M against him in paid attack ads, Trump constantly bashing him and the Corporate legacy media who loathes DeSantis is viewed most favorably by GOP voters.   Btw, DeSantis is consistently at or near the top in favorability poll after poll. 

Interesting Nugget, people who didn't have an opinion of Vivek going into this debate, his net favorability fell by - 9 which is more than anyone else.  I'm guessing its because he comes across as annoying and slick to most people.

According to this poll and the people who watched the debate, more people are considering voting for DeSantis than anyone else, including Trump.  Trump actually lost 5 points from people they polled right before the debate to the people after the debate.    Haley had the biggest gain of +17 of who are considering voting for her.  I knew she'd do well in the debates even though I don't align with some of her positions.

Edited by Magox
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

I'd venture to guess that the majority of Vivek's 26% are identify as MAGA Trump Republicans who won't vote for him anyway.

Vivek is running to be Trump's VP and the Republican presidential candidate in 2028. He provided no reason other than "I'm young" to vote for him instead of Trump.

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

Haley had the biggest gain of +17 of who are considering voting for her. 

She strikes me as the Republican who would fare best in November 2024. She could swing a lot of independent voters.

But I don't see any path for her to get nominated given the mindset of Republican caucus/primary voters today.

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Vivek is running to be Trump's VP and the Republican presidential candidate in 2028. He provided no reason other than "I'm young" to vote for him instead of Trump.

She strikes me as the Republican who would fare best in November 2024. She could swing a lot of independent voters.

But I don't see any path for her to get nominated given the mindset of Republican caucus/primary voters today.

Of course he is, he's Trump's top cheerleader that is running in this race.   It was always the plan.

Things like this is what make Vivek unlikable aside from the fact that he doesn't believe half the things he says

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Of course he is, he's Trump's top cheerleader that is running in this race.   It was always the plan.

Things like this is what make Vivek unlikable aside from the fact that he doesn't believe half the things he says

WTF was that Vivek hand doing? That's just weird.

This makes sense: Vivek as Trump's stalking horse, aimed squarely at Ron.

Vivek is going to be the subject of a whole lot of oppo research now, and he deserves it. There's a lot of pretty unsavory things in his pharma bro past.

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Vivek is going to be the subject of a whole lot of oppo research now, and he deserves it. There's a lot of pretty unsavory things in his pharma bro past.

lol, like clockwork you guys' attack who polled the best.

yesterday it daftly was his religion.  And that position had all kinds of xenophobic undertones.

Now it's down to his hand movement and threatening PAC opposition research.  we saw with Clintons how accurate those are.  

6 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

He's as big of a fraud as they come.

There are over 30 of these examples that he changed his positions in just the year alone 

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

lol, like clockwork you guys' attack who polled the best.

yesterday it daftly was his religion.  And that position had all kinds of xenophobic undertones.

Now it's down to his hand movement and threatening PAC opposition research.  we saw with Clintons how accurate those are.  

He didn't poll the best and his net favorability dropped by more than anyone after the debate.

Vivek PharmaSwampy lol

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

He's as big of a fraud as they come.

There are over 30 of these examples that he changed his positions in just the year alone 

He didn't poll the best and his net favorability dropped by more than anyone after the debate.

Vivek PharmaSwampy lol

And another attacking him.

Pelosi has a good quote about edited videos being nothing more than propaganda.

its the agenda to stop the climate change that is the scam. same with the "We are in the 6th mass extinction event" so many of them reference.

1 minute ago, Chris farley said:

And another attacking him.

Pelosi has a good quote about edited videos being nothing more than propaganda.

its the agenda to stop the climate change that is the scam. same with the "We are in the 6th mass extinction event" so many of them reference.

It's not editing a video, he said that Climate change is real and that humans are partially responsible.

Now, 5 months later he says it's a hoax.

Did he do new research on his own and come to a different conclusion?

In another conversation that same month, he called climate change “one of the most fundamental societal discussions we ought to be having.”

“I think that the point here is if you’re an alternative energy company you’re going to have an important role to play in America’s energy future. Be the best version of yourself. But I also think that oil and gas is going to play an important role in getting there too. And at the end of the day it will be malpractice to enter the decarbonization revolution without an alternative to fill the void, that’s exactly what’s happened,” said Ramaswamy.

As recently as this March, Ramaswamy was far less dismissive of climate change action.

“Climate change is also real, by the way. We’re talking about the climatism piece of this. When I talk about climatism and COVIDism, I’m not denying the underlying reality of COVID. I’m not denying the underlying reality that global surface temperatures are going up, and in part due to human activity,” he told CBS’s Major Garrett.

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-called-the-climate-change-agenda-a-hoax-on-wednesday-a-year-ago-he-said-it-was-an-important-question/

You can find the videos of those comments in the link.   They are not selectively edited.   If you want to dismiss all the flip flops he has made in just the past 6 months that is your prerogative.     

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

its the agenda to stop the climate change that is the scam

I will grant you this - the media ask questions like the "raise your hand if" one that don't really allow for a sensible answer.

If I were up there, I would have tried to answer three different questions, something no one has time for:

1.  Is the climate changing? Answer: yes. Clearly. The world as a whole is warming.

2. Is this explained in whole or in part by greenhouse gas emissions? Answer: Yes, at least in part. But we do not know whether 80% of the warming is attributable to human action or whether its as low as 50% or 20%.

3. Is it prudent to take steps as a country and as a world to try to reduce greenhouse gas emissions? Answer: yes. On a U.S. level, it is prudent to take such steps. But (as Vivek noted) it is critical to also work with other huge contributors (China, India, others) if such steps are to have an appreciable impact. Of course, country (USA) level interventions will have to be balanced against economic and other costs (mining of rare earth metals, etc) in developing sound policies.

I would guess that 90% of informed voters would agree with me on these 3 propositions. 

Good luck giving any candidate time to explain. And good luck getting any candidate to answer in anything other than political talking points ("mass extinction!" "hoax!")

Just now, Magox said:

It's not editing a video, he said that Climate change is real and that humans are partially responsible.

Now, 5 months later he says it's a hoax.

Did he do new research on his own and come to a different conclusion?

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/vivek-ramaswamy-called-the-climate-change-agenda-a-hoax-on-wednesday-a-year-ago-he-said-it-was-an-important-question/

You can find the videos of those comments in the link.   They are not selectively edited.   If you want to dismiss all the flip flops he has made in just the past 6 months that is your prerogative.     

Then provide them. cause the one you provided was a very small clip out of a larger conversation.  

But I now grasp your just puking the mediate article. that doesnt provide the link to the unedited video in question or the text of the discussion.

Old hillary/biden would just swipe it off as saying she "evolved" on the topic. 

he is young.  got things to learn.