2021 Hurricane Season

T&C

• 1 month later...

I didn’t realize it was so close on the date. Katrina feels like a lifetime ago! 

We spent 3 full decades in the strike zone of hurricane territory. I do NOT miss having to keep an eye on the weather that closely. We never had a bad direct hit, though Hugo did some crazy damage nearby. We had a mandatory evacuation, then it veered at the last hour, as they do. When they say run away, it’s a good idea to run away! 

We generally rode things out up to and including Cat 3. If it’s a Cat 4 or 5 we would run like crazy! No shame in that, be smart. 

Stay safe everyone! 

Edited by Augie

Stay safe New Orleans!  

My favorite city I’ve never been.  I had tickets 16 years ago to see Bills-Saints.  I didn’t even have to call and cancel hotel reservation because Katrina.  I still have ticket- I kept it as memento 

Congo square is birthplace of Jazz.  Lafayette drank at Laffite’s blacksmith inn.  Once most free city in North America.  Land of beignets muffulettas, alligator cheesecake, Spanish architecture, craw daddy’s,Hurricanes, Louis Armstrong, Dr John, and Preservation Hall.  

stay safe New Orleans- city of the world

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 2

Kinda strange,  Bills playing Saints this year too! In NOLA.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Stay safe New Orleans!  

My favorite city I’ve never been.  I had tickets 16 years ago to see Bills-Saints.  I didn’t even have to call and cancel hotel reservation because Katrina.  I still have ticket- I kept it as memento 

Congo square is birthplace of Jazz.  Lafayette drank at Laffite’s blacksmith inn.  Once most free city in North America.  Land of beignets muffulettas, alligator cheesecake, Spanish architecture, craw daddy’s,Hurricanes, Louis Armstrong, Dr John, and Preservation Hall.  

stay safe New Orleans- city of the world

We had tix 16 years ago.  We switched to San Fran for Oakland game.  The year the Sox won WS!  The White Sox got a good shot this year! 

18 hours ago, Simon said:

How you hanging down there, NoSaint?

Weird that this thing is going to roll up on N'awlins almost 16 years to the exact day as Katrina.

So far so good! AC cranked low, lots of water, ice and snacks. Ready for the inevitable power outages but holding up well out of the gate. 

going to really crush some folks but my area is not looking like it’s getting the worst of it. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Kinda strange,  Bills playing Saints this year too! In NOLA.

We had tix 16 years ago.  We switched to San Fran for Oakland game.  The year the Sox won WS!  The White Sox got a good shot this year! 

Depending how this goes it might be in OP. Man this is one vicious buzzsaw.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

So far so good! AC cranked low, lots of water, ice and snacks. Ready for the inevitable power outages but holding up well out of the gate. 

going to really crush some folks but my area is not looking like it’s getting the worst of it. 

Stay safe.... Are you still near that canal?  Are pumps up to the task?  I think you GoogleEarth'd the location a few years ago if I recall?

Again... All our prayers!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Agree 1

On 8/29/2021 at 1:00 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Stay safe.... Are you still near that canal?  Are pumps up to the task?  I think you GoogleEarth'd the location a few years ago if I recall?

Again... All our prayers!

I think you might be remembering Kirby getting his new house. I’m the same general  vicinity though. 

honestly, made it through very solid. Muscling through the august heat without power isn’t ideal but doing fine all things considered. 

• Like (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.