Best NFL players on rookie deals that need to be re signed

On 6/18/2021 at 8:17 AM, BuffaloBill said:

Hell must be freezing over…..

I actually agree with everything you said in this post.

Perhaps i need medicine ….. quickly….

And the funny part about that is that it's not anything I haven't been preaching for two decades on TSW.

Years of pointing out the astonishing running tally on drafts that the Bills had neither used their first #1 pick to draft a QB or trade up from it to do so.........McBeane ended that and how is that working out?

Years of pointing out that you couldn't do worse than the Bills were doing if you just used your first round pick on a QB every year............and then they prove that by finally making the playoffs with only the ineffective Shaq and the most recent #1 Tre White on the roster after 17 years of high picks.

Perhaps you should have been agreeing earlier.:flirt:

On 6/16/2021 at 10:31 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I'm saying having the patience to wait through 17 years of trash to get Josh Allen will be worth it and it's already reaping some benefits 

The Bills fan base deserves a kid with this type of talent .. through thick and thin the fans have stayed the path

And it only makes it that much sweeter that Allen was basically built for Buffalo. From the way he plays the game to his personality. There's not another QB in the league that would be a better fit for this team and city than Allen. That includes great QB's like Mahomes and Wilson. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

And it only makes it that much sweeter that Allen was basically built for Buffalo. From the way he plays the game to his personality. There's not another QB in the league that would be a better fit for this team and city than Allen. That includes great QB's like Mahomes and Wilson. 

Many have said this and I agree. However, from what we've seen of his personality, do you think it would be different anywhere he was drafted? I think any city that got him would love him.

24 minutes ago, CA OC Bills Fan said:

Many have said this and I agree. However, from what we've seen of his personality, do you think it would be different anywhere he was drafted? I think any city that got him would love him.

No, I just think it is more that his personality fits best with Buffalo and the fanbase. 

On 6/17/2021 at 1:50 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Baker just said this week he is "no hurry" to get his new deal done.

I think that means the 3 guys who panned out from the class of '18 (Mayfield, Allen, Jackson) are all waiting to see who flinches first, so they can be last and get the most money of the 3.

Might be a while until we see the deal done.

I think it means Baker knows any deal he signed right now will not pay him as a top-5 QB....beacause last season, he didn't play like a top-5 QB except by the metric "helps team win games".

Allen played like a top-5 QB and went to the AFCCG last year, so while we hope we haven't seen the ceiling yet, there's always the chance that his play might fall off a bit if he waits.

......as rather happened to Lamar Jackson, who was league MVP in 2019 and fell off some last season.  So he's somewhere between a top-5 QB and a top-15 QB, and may want a "tie breaker year"

I don't think Allen is looking over at Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield to "see if they flinch".  He's in a different situation right now.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:06 PM, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-season-12-players-on-rookie-deals-whose-teams-should-never-let-them-go

Our very own Josh Allen 

This is why patience is a virtue. Why 17 pitifully long seasons are worth it 

Because that patience got us the Superstar named Josh Allen.. at the most important position in all sports

I would say the patience of watching Tyrod Taylor in year 1 of the McBeane regime was rewarded with Josh... but nothing makes up for the 17 years of trash before then.

Edited by Rico

On 6/17/2021 at 2:36 AM, Buffalo716 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-season-12-players-on-rookie-deals-whose-teams-should-never-let-them-go

Our very own Josh Allen 

This is why patience is a virtue. Why 17 pitifully long seasons are worth it 

Because that patience got us the Superstar named Josh Allen.. at the most important position in all sports

I am not sure we were really patient during that 17 horrid years...We tried too many things and that is one of the reasons why we did not land a franchise QB much earlier.