In honor of Bob Dylan’s 80th birthday

ChevyVanMiller

Last week I went to a kind of trashy flea market I hit once a month or so, cause' ya never know. Walked it like usual but decided to stop into one little shop on the way out that never interested me. Turns out, to the right, under a chair were to boxes of Lp's. The usual junk but when I pulled out the one in the back there was a copy of Dylans greatest hits. Not rare by any means but... this one had the MG poster in it, it appears it had never been unfolded. Hell yeah I'll give you a buck for this. Also a copy of David Peel and the lower east side "Have a Marijuana" in there that I left but will get next week.

Dave does some fine work here:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Great selections you've already made. I'd like to add a few of my favorites.

Eddie Vedder, Richie Havens, Grateful Dead (who could fill an entire album with Dylan covers), and Wilco w/ Fleet Foxes

The Eddie Vedder cover of Masters of War, in particular, gives me chills.

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Three of my favs:

I love Siouxsie, but I think the ultimate version of "This Wheel's on Fire" is the one by Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger, and The Trinity.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/24/2021 at 2:14 PM, ChevyVanMiller said:

Here are my top 15 Dylan covers of all-time. Feel free to add some of your favs. I had to make some tough cuts.

Happy Birthday, Bob.

I'll throw in two that are about Dylan, written by someone known for guitar but largely unrecognized for his songwriting, which is on par with anyone.  Anyone.  He toured with Dylan a few years back and wrote these two about him.  The first one sounds like a Dylan song to me.  The second one is named for Dylan's tour bus.  The whole record they're from, Tracker, is full of beautifully written songs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.