Does anyone enjoy walking?

Another Fan

Yes.

Last March, when I was furloughed at work, I started doing daily walks around the neighborhood. Somewhere between 20 and 45 minutes. I found that I liked it quite a bit, and well...furlough stretched on and on. Here we are, 14 months later, and rarely does a day go by that doesn't see me taking some kind of walk. 

I do NOT, however, enjoy running. Have given it a legitimate, sustained try several times. It's not for me. I've got an exercise bike in the living room instead that I can point at the TV and ride for 40 minutes or so while watching old football highlights or something.

On 5/18/2021 at 11:05 PM, Logic said:

Yes.

Last March, when I was furloughed at work, I started doing daily walks around the neighborhood. Somewhere between 20 and 45 minutes. I found that I liked it quite a bit, and well...furlough stretched on and on. Here we are, 14 months later, and rarely does a day go by that doesn't see me taking some kind of walk. 

I do NOT, however, enjoy running. Have given it a legitimate, sustained try several times. It's not for me. I've got an exercise bike in the living room instead that I can point at the TV and ride for 40 minutes or so while watching old football highlights or something.

When I lived in Florida I had a 3 mile loop I would do before work, mostly jogging. When I couldn’t make it happen, I actually missed it. It was weird how I became so accustomed to doing the little run, and how it helped me in general and my tennis endurance. 

On 5/18/2021 at 10:03 AM, BADOLBILZ said:

Always surprises me seeing the people who jog/run and have such bad form that you can practically see them destroying their knees and ankles.

Who else is surprised to hear BADOL say that he knows better and somebody else is doing it wrong? 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

Walking and hiking. And an occasional ramp-up for a 5k run.

The running is killer on my knees though so I limit it these days.

But dogs + walking/hiking go hand in hand. We live 2 minutes from the Niagara Gorge and theres so many different ways to take those trails.

A few summers ago we parked at Artpark, hiked to Whirlpool park, called my FIL and asked him if we walked to Goat Island, would he pick us up and drive us back to Lewiston. He did! It was a great 7+ mile hike.

We walk the dogs at least 5x/week, about 3 miles/day. My shep mix is starting to get a little wonky in his back legs, so we are starting to cut him back a but. Poor feller.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.