Jump to content

Highest inflation since...


Recommended Posts

Just now, Tiberius said:

Immigration to fill jobs has been a policy of this nation since before it was even a nation and has worked really well, actually. We have so many unfilled jobs that it of course would take pressure  of prices if more goods and services were being provided. Of course increased supply would meet the demand and lower prices. Just look at one area of the economy, trucking. They don't have enough drivers. That is causing prices to rise. More truckers (immigrants) and you reduce that upward pressure on prices there. You get that? 

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/07/walmart-says-it-is-raising-pay-for-truck-drivers-starting-training-program.html

 

Raising pay? Who does that get passed onto? 

LEGAL immigration…not ILLEGAL immigration. This is not complicated Tibs!!!

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

LEGAL immigration…not ILLEGAL immigration. This is not complicated Tibs!!!

 

It is, for them.  They are told what to think and feel(z) and that's the end of it.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

LEGAL immigration…not ILLEGAL immigration. This is not complicated Tibs!!!

 

And nobody that I'm aware of is opposed to legal immigration.

We are so far away from addressing illegal immigration that it equates to gross negligence.

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, sherpa said:

 

And nobody that I'm aware of is opposed to legal immigration.

We are so far away from addressing illegal immigration that it equates to gross negligence.


And to put it another way no one is against legal immigration however one party seems to be in favor of illegal immigration.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

.Of course increased supply would meet the demand and lower prices. Just look at one area of the economy, trucking. They don't have enough drivers. That is causing prices to rise. More truckers (immigrants) and you reduce that upward pressure on prices there. You get that? 

 

 

 

At the risk of thread creep....

This is wrong on two levels.

First, CDL requires legal status, I believe, so illegals are not going to be players.

 

Second, what this country does not need, and I'm certain there is near universal agreement on this, is recent immigrants driving 18 wheelers on our interstates and city streets.

 

Anyone who has witnessed what goes on on the roads in Central/South America would most likely agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Higher food and energy prices could last 'for years,' World Bank warns

 

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has contributed to an historic shock to commodity markets that will keep global prices high through the end of 2024, according to the World Bank.

 

The spike in energy prices over the past two years is the biggest since the 1973 oil crisis, while the jump in food prices is the most since 2008, the World Bank said Tuesday in its commodity markets outlook report.

 

"Overall, this amounts to the largest commodity shock we've experienced since the 1970s," said Indermit Gill, the World Bank's vice president for equitable growth, finance and institutions.

 

Russia is a leading exporter of oil, natural gas and coal, while Ukraine is a major source of wheat and corn. The situation has been exacerbated by soaring fertilizer costs and price spikes for key metals.

 

After nearly doubling last year, energy prices are expected to jump more than 50% this year before easing in 2023 and 2024, the World Bank said. Food prices will soar by 22.9% this year, highlighted by a 40% rise in wheat prices, according to the report.

 

"These developments have started to raise the specter of stagflation," the World Bank warned. "Policymakers should take every opportunity to increase economic growth at home and avoid actions that will bring harm to the global economy."


Prices are expected to stay at "historically high levels" through the end of 2024, the World Bank said.

 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/business/world-bank-ukraine-shock/index.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ALF said:

Higher food and energy prices could last 'for years,' World Bank warns

 

Russia's invasion of Ukraine has contributed to an historic shock to commodity markets that will keep global prices high through the end of 2024, according to the World Bank.

 

The spike in energy prices over the past two years is the biggest since the 1973 oil crisis, while the jump in food prices is the most since 2008, the World Bank said Tuesday in its commodity markets outlook report.

 

"Overall, this amounts to the largest commodity shock we've experienced since the 1970s," said Indermit Gill, the World Bank's vice president for equitable growth, finance and institutions.

 

Russia is a leading exporter of oil, natural gas and coal, while Ukraine is a major source of wheat and corn. The situation has been exacerbated by soaring fertilizer costs and price spikes for key metals.

 

After nearly doubling last year, energy prices are expected to jump more than 50% this year before easing in 2023 and 2024, the World Bank said. Food prices will soar by 22.9% this year, highlighted by a 40% rise in wheat prices, according to the report.

 

"These developments have started to raise the specter of stagflation," the World Bank warned. "Policymakers should take every opportunity to increase economic growth at home and avoid actions that will bring harm to the global economy."


Prices are expected to stay at "historically high levels" through the end of 2024, the World Bank said.

 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/27/business/world-bank-ukraine-shock/index.html

Wait…CNN is blaming inflation on Putin? Go figure. Who saw that coming?

  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait…CNN is blaming inflation on Putin? Go figure. Who saw that coming?

 

Darn it , I thought it was a report from the World Bank

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ALF said:

 

Darn it , I thought it was a report from the World Bank

 

 

I wish that I could get the same type of distinction on my posts..............😎

 

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Have you ever seen the virus? 

 

Huh? 

 

"The buck stops here."  Or is that only when it comes to Republican Presidents?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Wait…CNN is blaming inflation on Putin? Go figure. Who saw that coming?

 

It's understandable for costs wheat and corn Deek for Ukraine And understandable for cost coal, oil and gas for Russia. (all over world cost for those) Wish this war had not got started innocent people and kids :( .  

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Putin has caused inflation,the truth doesn't stop because the Dems win 

 

Putin hasn't caused it.  True he's made it worse, but so had Joey's Admin before started his ill-advised war.  What I was getting at is Trump didn't cause Fauci-Wuhan virus, but you libs blamed him for making it worse.  And that cost him the election.  Now we know that it wouldn't have been better under a Dem, if not worse. 

Edited by Doc
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...