Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

23 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Wow, I think you might be on to something!

We've been in a recession for the past 6 months and everyone knows it. The denials are hilarious.

You might want to tell your lib friends and the Admin then.  They might listen to you...

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

You might want to tell your lib friends and the Admin then.  They might listen to you...

What should I tell my Conservative friends?

Imagine yourself taking the "other" side of any position. 😂

47 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Wow, I think you might be on to something!

We've been in a recession for the past 6 months and everyone knows it. The denials are hilarious.

Everyone? Really now...

Ohhhh you must have meant "everyone" except administration officials, the media and President Biden himself. My bad.

The sky is green.

1 minute ago, DRsGhost said:

Everyone? Really now...

Ohhhh you must have meant "everyone" except administration officials, the media and President Biden himself. My bad.

The sky is green.

<LOTS OF TWATTER LINKS>

Weird, the politicians are trying to gaslight us into thinking we're not in a recession right before an election cycle. Who could have predicted that?

Let me re-phrase: Anyone who tells you we're not in a recession either:

• Is lying to you for political reasons.
  • Doesn't understand how any of this works.
  • Is one of those people on either side who simply believes what they're being fed.

That said, anyone who is triggered or outraged by this predictable behavior is being disingenuous. Why are you getting your panties in a wad about it? It means nothing. You should be happy at the fact that the financial world is laughing at them for it.

Do you think Joe Biden caused the recession?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gene Frenkle said:

What should I tell my Conservative friends?

Imagine yourself taking the "other" side of any position. 😂

I rarely take one side.  I like to consider both sides of any issue and typically try to come to a compromise.  But in a case like this, it's clear-cut that we're in a recession but the Dems don't want to admit it because of the mid-terms.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I rarely take one side.  I like to consider both sides of any issue and typically try to come to a compromise.  But in a case like this, it's clear-cut that we're in a recession but the Dems don't want to admit it because of the mid-terms.

I have literally never seen you take the "liberal" side of any issue.

Still taking HCQ with or without zinc?

11 minutes ago, TSOL said:

How come nobody ever talks about Bidens successes? 

Because this is the Liberal mind-set (they have no idea how an economy works):

Biden got up today and rambled off like 4-5 gov't initiatives of borrowing/taxing and then spending money, then declared "that doesn't sound like a Recession to me"

These people are so beyond clueless.   SURE!  Fake a Pandemic, hand over $1 TRILLION to Pfizer/Pharma, then demand back $200B like that's some "policy win" and give that money to Leftist-friendly Green technology future failures

(I'm not even negative on Green Technologies, quite the opposite, but they should happen like any other, some subsidies are fine just like the fossil fuel industry because in the end, and as Europe is finding out, Energy is a National Security issue)

Throw $100B at the IRS because there are "tax-evaders" out there not "paying their fair share" when literally 60% of Americans don't even PAY income tax?!

Idiots.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You start. 

Go!

Ok I'll start.

I'd say the fist bump with the shah of Punjabi was probably Bidens crowning moment. 

Now Im expecting the rest of you to add some positivity to this thread. 

$2,245.62 a second: ExxonMobil scores enormous profit on record gas prices

Exxon's profit, excluding special items, came to $17.6 billion in the second quarter, nearly double what it made in its very profitable first quarter as oil and gas prices started to soar in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Second-quarter profit was up 273% from the same period a year ago.

Chevron earned $11.4 billion excluding special items, up 74% from the first quarter and 247% from a year ago.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/29/energy/exxonmobil-chevron-earnings/index.html

1 minute ago, ALF said:

Exxon's profit, excluding special items, came to $17.6 billion in the second quarter, nearly double what it made in its very profitable first quarter as oil and gas prices started to soar in the wake of Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Second-quarter profit was up 273% from the same period a year ago.

Chevron earned $11.4 billion excluding special items, up 74% from the first quarter and 247% from a year ago.

Heart warming 

2 hours ago, ALF said:

I wonder why this article neglects to mention its about 10% profit margin based on revenue which is actually pretty piss poor profit margin? 🤔 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I wonder why this article neglects to mention its about 10% profit margin based on revenue which is actually pretty piss poor profit margin? 🤔 

The government, Federal and State make more than that off it.  Perhaps we should whine about them

18 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

How much more would you like us to be paying for gas to give the energy companies a better profit margin then now ?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’m only pointing out the article neglects that detail. I’m sure you work for free, but some businesses aren’t charities. 

So how much more do you want us to be paying so these businesses are not charities ?