Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

16 minutes ago, Governor said:

Think about how bad essential workers got screwed. They were told they were getting up to 15k hero pay and Republicans stripped that from every bill before passage.

Define an essential worker.  

26 minutes ago, Governor said:

Think about how bad essential workers got screwed. They were told they were getting up to 15k hero pay and Republicans stripped that from every bill before passage.

the minority party stripped something away? Ha, Rs are neutered whipped puppies right now... 

Sounds a lot more like empty political promises were traded away for pet programs.  When will you people learn?? 

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the minority party stripped something away? Ha, Rs are neutered whipped puppies right now... 

Sounds a lot more like empty political promises were traded away for pet programs.  When will you people learn?? 

It was a GOP controlled Senate when that idea was floating around. Romney and a few others supported it. 

22 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Define an essential worker.  

Retail, hospitality, teachers, nurses, etc. I never agreed with the term itself. I wanted everyone sent home in the early months. 

Edited by Governor

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

Retail, hospitality, teachers, nurses, etc. I never agreed with the term itself. I wanted everyone sent home in the early months. 

I'm not sure about retail.  Amazon made brick and mortar non-essential.   Hospitality?  People were not traveling and most can cook at home.  The ones I felt that were extremely essential are gyms and fitness centers.  Ours were locked up tight for months.  One way to fight the virus is good health.  Now you could say that people can get exercise at home.  The wife and I took hikes every night after work.  I was actually getting more cardio last summer than I do now at the gym.  However when the time changed it was dark for several months when I got home from work so my exercise was greatly diminished.  I can't tell you how happy I was when they opened back up recently. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm not sure about retail.  Amazon made brick and mortar non-essential.   Hospitality?  People were not traveling and most can cook at home.  The ones I felt that were extremely essential are gyms and fitness centers.  Ours were locked up tight for months.  One way to fight the virus is good health.  Now you could say that people can get exercise at home.  The wife and I took hikes every night after work.  I was actually getting more cardio last summer than I do now at the gym.  However when the time changed it was dark for several months when I got home from work so my exercise was greatly diminished.  I can't tell you how happy I was when they opened back up recently. 

The overall point I’m trying to make is that businesses got huge PPP loans, and are about to get more next week, and they took that money and improved their businesses, bought equipment, etc. and now the only thing missing is their low wage slaves.

They aren’t coming back for less than 15/hr. That old business model is dead and should’ve never existed in the first place.

The quicker people realize this, the better off they’ll be.

Edited by Governor

25 minutes ago, Governor said:

The overall point I’m trying to make is that businesses got huge PPP loans, and are about to get more next week, and they took that money and improved their businesses, bought equipment, etc. and now the only thing missing is their low wage slaves.

They aren’t coming back for less than 15/hr. That old business model is dead and should’ve never existed in the first place.

The quicker people realize this, the better off they’ll be.

If they used their PPP loans to buy equipment the loan will not be forgiven.  That is not the purpose of the Paycheck Protection Plan.  It was to protect paychecks not update their business.

Now here is the $64,000 question. If all those people were cool with making less than $15 per pandemic what changed in the last 14 months that makes it not cool?  Think carefully before you answer.  

26 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Let's add how CEO compensation works to the list of things  @BillStime  doesn't understand.  

Did you even read the article?

The total comp included a decrease in base salary to $350,000 from $1.29 million, as executive salaries were cut a result of the pandemic, 

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

As per usual.  When @BillStime loses a debate he rolls his eyes and walks away.  Sad really. 

Read this news article. He’s been following the ups and downs of the unemployed the entire time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/05/07/jobs-report-labor-shortage-analysis/#click=https://t.co/9cm0iSwY2P

Edited by Governor

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If they used their PPP loans to buy equipment the loan will not be forgiven.  That is not the purpose of the Paycheck Protection Plan.  It was to protect paychecks not update their business.

Now here is the $64,000 question. If all those people were cool with making less than $15 per pandemic what changed in the last 14 months that makes it not cool?  Think carefully before you answer.  

Let's add how CEO compensation works to the list of things  @BillStime  doesn't understand.  

Did you even read the article?

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

As per usual.  When @BillStime loses a debate he rolls his eyes and walks away.  Sad really. 

LMAO - I HAVE A JOB TO DO DURING THE DAY - lmao

Funny how you glossed over the entire compensation package..

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Read this new piece by Jeff Stein. He’s been following the ups and downs of the unemployed the entire time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/05/07/jobs-report-labor-shortage-analysis/#click=https://t.co/9cm0iSwY2P

I can understand people not wanting to go back to work until they get vaccinated. Soooo....get vaccinated.  The part about people wanting to do something different? After sitting around for 14 months watching TikTok videos they want to be Internet Influencers?  I would imagine thinking about how drab their careers were pre-pandemic and wanting to do something more fulfilling has a lot to do with it but as the line in Caddy Shack goes..."the world needs ditch diggers too Danny!"  Cut the gravy train and see how many of those go back to flipping burgers and stocking shelves at Old Navy.  

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO - I HAVE A JOB TO DO DURING THE DAY - lmao

Funny how you glossed over the entire compensation package..

I did not gloss over it. I chose not to include it.  Can you explain it to me?  

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

That's it?  

I'm more concerned with the lower wage essential workers , everyone needs to eat.

Let me add the workers at food processing plants.

Edited by ALF

Just a friendly reminder for the young folk that have no clue how the economy works:

How Inflation Eats Away at Your Retirement Income

How Much Money Can Retirees Lose?

In terms of the actual amount of money that inflation can cost retirees, the numbers are startling. LIMRA Secure Retirement Institute constructed a model demonstrating the effect inflation could have on the average Social Security benefit over a period of 20 years. According to its research, a 1% inflation rate could swallow up $34,406 of retirees’ benefits. If the inflation rate were to increase to 3%, the shortfall would total more than $117,000.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/retirement/052616/how-inflation-eats-away-your-retirement.asp

15 minutes ago, ALF said:

I'm more concerned with the lower wage essential workers , everyone needs to eat.

Let me add the workers at food processing plants.

So these people weren't eating prior to the Pandemic? 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I can understand people not wanting to go back to work until they get vaccinated. Soooo....get vaccinated.  The part about people wanting to do something different? After sitting around for 14 months watching TikTok videos they want to be Internet Influencers?  I would imagine thinking about how drab their careers were pre-pandemic and wanting to do something more fulfilling has a lot to do with it but as the line in Caddy Shack goes..."the world needs ditch diggers too Danny!"  Cut the gravy train and see how many of those go back to flipping burgers and stocking shelves at Old Navy.  

I did not gloss over it. I chose not to include it.  Can you explain it to me?  

You need to go on unemployment. Cooks are the #1 profession for Covid deaths. 

Luckily, I’ve paid into something my whole life called “UI insurance” and I will approve you.

Shh! No one else on this board has paid into this “secret” program so it’s VIP.

Edited by Governor

42 minutes ago, ALF said:

Underpaid at high risk  during pandemic. 

Now you're talking about the risk.  Earlier it was being able to eat.  Which is it?  

54 minutes ago, Governor said:

You need to go on unemployment. Cooks are the #1 profession for Covid deaths. 

Luckily, I’ve paid into something my whole life called “UI insurance” and I will approve you.

Shh! No one else on this board has paid into this “secret” program so it’s VIP.

Why would I go on unemployment?  I make good money by working.  

UI Insurance?