It’s back, better than evar! 🐻🧸

Beerball

On 8/10/2022 at 6:41 PM, billsfanmiamioh said:

I saw grizzly and black bears at Glacier National Park two weeks ago. Does that count? 

I saw grizzlies at Denali state park. Now THAT entire vacation was the absolute trip of a lifetime. Boated from Vancouver to Seward ( Anchorage), bus and train to Fairbanks, Saw Denali, the glaciers,  Juneau, sitka, bald eagle sanctuary, wildlife museum with fur pelts of absolutely any  animal you could think of native to Alaska , sled dogs. .what a trip. Unique experience. It was pricey but I doubt anyone would be disappointed if they did get to go

Edited by muppy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, muppy said:

I saw grizzlies at Denali state park. Now THAT entire vacation was the absolute trip of a lifetime. Boated from Vancouver to Anchorage, bus and train to Fairbanks, Saw Denali, the glaciers,  Juneau, sitka, bald eagle sanctuary, wildlife museum with fur pelts of absolutely any  animal you could think of native to Alaska , sled dogs. .what a trip. Unique experience. It was pricey but I doubt anyone would be disappointed if they did get to go

We have bald eagles in South Chicago! 

20220817_121158.thumb.jpg.9c58559a9ec4f54e18c3f3e15f636e14.jpg

20210219_172048_1.thumb.jpg.f6260f43c15a94a9f56f24002d414b06.jpg

Just ignore the power poles and humongous radio antenna and one can save $1,000s... 😏 "Rambunctious Garden!"

And we have Da Bears!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Is there a limit on clams? 100/day? Hope they’re following the regs. 

Hope they know the difference between oysters and clams and know how to spell what month it is. Maybe @Mike in Horseheads can give them a lesson on which months have an "R" in it!  😉 

Anyway, I found this fascinating read,  they ain't as dumb as we think about shellfish toxins!

https://www.animalquarters.com/what-animals-eat-oysters/

"...Oysters must be eaten when they are alive, as dead oysters are known to contain bacteria that can prove to be dangerous.

When we consume raw oysters, we ensure that they are fresh. The wild bears instinctively avoid dead oysters as they know these to be dangerous and toxic.

You will find that bears only consume fresh oysters. They break these open with their powerful paws to eat the flesh inside."

@muppy

Here's an interesting map.  Shows the current populations and historic range of the N.American bison. There was really "buffalo" in Buffalo, New York!

iucn2.png

(Hope @BringBackFergy doesn't mind the quick side bar to bison)

EDIT: Notice eastern historical range is disputed. 

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

@muppy

Here's an interesting map.  Shows the current populations and historic range of the N.American bison. There was really "buffalo" in Buffalo, New York!

iucn2.png

(Hope @BringBackFergy doesn't mind the quick side bar to bison)

EDIT: Notice eastern historical range is disputed. 

cool beans dude 🙂 good to read you 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, muppy said:

https://people.com/pets/fat-bear-week-2022-winner-bear-747/

Fat Bear contest. Who knew? and ahem.....a ballot stuffing controversy this year? LOL

Thai IS one fat bear just sayin'

fat bear.webp

Would be nice if the OP kept

this up to date. In his absence, that’s 

a big f’ing bear!!

On 10/13/2022 at 6:37 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Would be nice if the OP kept

this up to date. In his absence, that’s 

a big f’ing bear!!

when I was at Denali I saw one waaaaaay up high it was a brown speck on tip of the mountain. That's close enough for me lol. What do you think of that idea? Gorge yourself to twice your body weight then CRASH for a few months and sleep that weight off.

ahem. yikes a bears life 🙂

m

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, muppy said:

https://people.com/pets/fat-bear-week-2022-winner-bear-747/

Fat Bear contest. Who knew? and ahem.....a ballot stuffing controversy this year? LOL

Thai IS one fat bear just sayin'

fat bear.webp

Fat bears are people too…… errr…. Fat people are bears to …… err ….. fat bears and fat people are people … errr….. be body positive …..

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Fat bears are people too…… errr…. Fat people are bears to …… err ….. fat bears and fat people are people … errr….. be body positive …..

lo, Oh I beg to differ. I like my bears FAT just sayin'.  Im positive on it!

Im a fat bear and Im PROUD. Ive got fat even Under all this fur. You wish u were as fat as me

lmaooooo

☺️

GO BILLS!~! err phat bears too 🙂 silliness in celebrating the padres socal muppy

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.