Trump Campaign Scammed Their Own Supporters.

🤣 You don't have to be a Trump University Grad to figure this out! 

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/03/us/politics/trump-donations.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

Stacy Blatt was in hospice care last September listening to Rush Limbaugh’s dire warnings about how badly Donald J. Trump’s campaign needed money when he went online and chipped in everything he could: $500.

It was a big sum for a 63-year-old battling cancer and living in Kansas City on less than $1,000 per month. But that single contribution — federal records show it was his first ever — quickly multiplied. Another $500 was withdrawn the next day, then $500 the next week and every week through mid-October, without his knowledge — until Mr. Blatt’s bank account had been depleted and frozen. When his utility and rent payments bounced, he called his brother, Russell, for help.

What the Blatts soon discovered was $3,000 in withdrawals by the Trump campaign in less than 30 days. They called their bank and said they thought they were victims of fraud.

“It felt,” Russell said, “like it was a scam.”

But what the Blatts believed was duplicity was actually an intentional scheme to boost revenues by the Trump campaign and the for-profit company that processed its online donations, WinRed. Facing a cash crunch and getting badly outspent by the Democrats, the campaign had begun last September to set up recurring donations by default for online donors, for every week until the election.

Contributors had to wade through a fine-print disclaimer and manually uncheck a box to opt out.

As the election neared, the Trump team made that disclaimer increasingly opaque, an investigation by The New York Times showed. It introduced a second prechecked box, known internally as a “money bomb,” that doubled a person’s contribution. Eventually its solicitations featured lines of text in bold and capital letters that overwhelmed the opt-out language.

The tactic ensnared scores of unsuspecting Trump loyalists — retirees, military veterans, nurses and even experienced political operatives. Soon, banks and credit card companies were inundated with fraud complaints from the president’s own supporters about donations they had not intended to make, sometimes for thousands of dollars.

“Bandits!” said Victor Amelino, a 78-year-old Californian, who made a $990 online donation to Mr. Trump in early September via WinRed. It recurred seven more times — adding up to almost $8,000. “I’m retired. I can’t afford to pay all that damn money.”

The sheer magnitude of the money involved is staggering for politics. In the final two and a half months of 2020, the Trump campaign, the Republican National Committee and their shared accounts issued more than 530,000 refunds worth $64.3 million to online donors. All campaigns make refunds for various reasons, including to people who give more than the legal limit. But the sum the Trump operation refunded dwarfed that of Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s campaign and his equivalent Democratic committees, which made 37,000 online refunds totaling $5.6 million in that time.

The recurring donations swelled Mr. Trump’s treasury in September and October, just as his finances were deteriorating. He was then able to use tens of millions of dollars he raised after the election, under the guise of fighting his unfounded fraud claims, to help cover the refunds he owed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Uncle Joe famously begged people for money in the middle of a national debate then never spent a penny of it on a single campaign stop. That basement must be really well stocked. 😂😂

On-topic here is Trump scamming $64.3 million from his most ardent rubes. Also, we should appreciate the hilarious hypocrisy of paying those rubes back with money obtained from other rubes to "fight election fraud". I mean, think about the irony of that for a moment: covering a fraud by defrauding supporters using fraudulent claims. Classy.

Trump is a fraud.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Kind of funny how Trump himself was cheated by this. They had to return the money, but the company Trump hired charged them coming and going, and collected over a hundred million dollars off the fraud. No wonder the fool had no money late in the campaign, lol 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Kind of funny how Trump himself was cheated by this. They had to return the money, but the company Trump hired charged them coming and going, and collected over a hundred million dollars off the fraud. No wonder the fool had no money late in the campaign, lol 

The Donald is quite the businessman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 4/4/2021 at 11:30 PM, Gene Frenkle said:

The Donald is quite the businessman.

Also he's a webmaster to boot. Somehow I don't believe he personally told the web folks

to make the page bad to scam people. Apparently there was a checkbox easily overlooked

to continue charging over time, definitely not good, however I believe last I read before this story 

disappeared is that people got refunded their money.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

Also he's a webmaster to boot. Somehow I don't believe he personally told the web folks

to make the page bad to scam people. Apparently there was a checkbox easily overlooked

to continue charging over time, definitely not good, however I believe last I read before this story 

You can't possibly believe they used every website scammer trick in the book by happenstance, can you? Those default settings on the transaction are glaring. And when does the buck ever stop with Trump? There's always an excuse and it's always someone else's fault. He's just unlucky, right??? Spin, spin, spin.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

You are partly right, he attracts slimy people. He expects that behavior and they even scam him, that’s why he burns through money so quickly, his associates are all crooks too 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/8/2021 at 1:17 PM, Unforgiven said:

Don the con has been bamboozling people  his whole life.

I very well understand the detailed nuances of web design, but he certainly could have been involved in direction to make it easy to incidentally subscribe to a recurring donation. It’s the old school telemarketing BS. “Ask the lawyer what the minimum we have to do to lock people into recurring charges.” 

he’s not an honest person, not even remotely. 

That's total BS given all the noise he made like i said politicians on either side can't be trusted they talk a good game but they are for the most part all crooks ! Even though Joe did it to a lessor extent than Trump he did it too so that means Joe is the lessor of 2 evil's !

Given this and some other things surrounding Trump i hope he doesn't run again . It would be hard to get behind someone that pulls this kind of crap !

I would like some one that thinks out side the box and isn't the typical "Career Politician" & has the balls to make the really hard decisions that most in the swamp won't I think the Donald may have run the course & it's time to look to another candidate if the republicans can find one .

I think Desantis or Tim Scott would be a great choice for either Pres./VP . Desantis definitely stands up for what he believes & Tim Scott does too & believe from anything i've heard or seen to this point would be much better & easier to get behind either of them .

Stupid is as stupid does & The Donald has definitely S**T where he eats & that's never a good thing ...

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, T master said:

That's total BS given all the noise he made like i said politicians on either side can't be trusted they talk a good game but they are for the most part all crooks ! Even though Joe did it to a lessor extent than Trump he did it too so that means Joe is the lessor of 2 evil's !

Given this and some other things surrounding Trump i hope he doesn't run again . It would be hard to get behind someone that pulls this kind of crap !

I would like some one that thinks out side the box and isn't the typical "Career Politician" & has the balls to make the really hard decisions that most in the swamp won't I think the Donald may have run the course & it's time to look to another candidate if the republicans can find one .

I think Desantis or Tim Scott would be a great choice for either Pres./VP . Desantis definitely stands up for what he believes & Tim Scott does too & believe from anything i've heard or seen to this point would be much better & easier to get behind either of them .

Stupid is as stupid does & The Donald has definitely S**T where he eats & that's never a good thing ...

If he is the party nominee in 2024 will you vote to elect him? 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

If he is the party nominee in 2024 will you vote to elect him? 

I'm not thinking so !  I like that he has the balls to do what others in the swamp won't and has the business savvy to think out side the box which is much different than career politicians which was the appeal to me in the first place .

We have all seen enough of the same ole same ole swamp politicians and i would like to see some one other than another "Career politician" which most on both sides are . I really wish there were term limits to avoid having those around for 20 yrs let alone 40+ years that's just bad business IMHO !! 

But to do that kind of thing to those that are trying to back you or believe in you is just wrong in every way & there is no excuse for it !! 

No matter how big or little the amount it is said a sin is a sin so look at all that do that kind of thing in the same light it's just that one is a lessor of the 2 evils  than the other which i'm tired of trying to vote with that in mind & it seems to be that way in every election just which candidate is less evil than the other ?

Which you can get rid of them all if they pull that kind of crap and we wonder why other countries look at America in a bad light .

It starts with cleaning it up from the top on down and getting rid of all of those that would do this kind of thing, put in the bills what is needed & not pull the back door crap by calling it one thing & slipping in all kinds of other BS or just do what you say you'll do with a little bit of a conscience or moral's and that might just change .

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-biden-campaign-fundraising-link-gov-website

White House blames 'error' after Biden campaign fundraising page linked on .gov website

Biden campaign page linked from .gov site solicits donations in a way generally considered improper to be connected to official gov't site

Oh teehee web error get back to Trump is the scamming webmaster kk sheeple

16 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/white-house-biden-campaign-fundraising-link-gov-website

White House blames 'error' after Biden campaign fundraising page linked on .gov website

Biden campaign page linked from .gov site solicits donations in a way generally considered improper to be connected to official gov't site

Oh teehee web error get back to Trump is the scamming webmaster kk sheeple

Did Sleepy Joe sign users up for recurring payments using shady tactics or are you just reaching here with yet another whataboutism?

2 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Did Sleepy Joe sign users up for recurring payments using shady tactics or are you just reaching here with yet another whataboutism?

photo-1588942173353-0c53a1bf9081?ixid=MX

I could care less about Trump, its leftist losers like yourself I despise.

Edited by Unforgiven

5 hours ago, T master said:

Did you feel any of this hesitancy in 2016? I've always voted Republican until Trump came along and will probably go back to Republican in 2024 as long as he isn't running. I empathized with other Republican voters in 2016 about wanting someone different.....but then that someone turned out to be Donald Trump.

We were all well aware of this sleezeball, after having seen him on reality TV and in headlines the past 2 decades. We all knew what he was... how come so many Republican voters still voted for him to lead our country? Just blind ignorance?

Like, if one of the Kardashians decides to run for president in 2024, are Democrats just going to ignore what we've seen over the past decade+ and make them the candidate?

Probably.

People are just really dumb. I can't wait until our machine overlords take over.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Did you feel any of this hesitancy in 2016? I've always voted Republican until Trump came along and will probably go back to Republican in 2024 as long as he isn't running. I empathized with other Republican voters in 2016 about wanting someone different.....but then that someone turned out to be Donald Trump.

We were all well aware of this sleezeball, after having seen him on reality TV and in headlines the past 2 decades. We all knew what he was... how come so many Republican voters still voted for him to lead our country? Just blind ignorance?

Like, if one of the Kardashians decides to run for president in 2024, are Democrats just going to ignore what we've seen over the past decade+ and make them the candidate?

Probably.

People are just really dumb. I can't wait until our machine overlords take over.

It's too bad the GOP has been commandeered by Trump, Mitch and the GQP. They destroyed the party.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

how come so many Republican voters still voted for him to lead our country? Just blind ignorance?

6 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

photo-1588942173353-0c53a1bf9081?ixid=MX

Like, literally. Just ask Q.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

17 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Probably.

Dam your getting Billstime to agree with you that's pretty scary in itself !

I think he started out fine & would have been a lot better for every one if he would have just shut the hell up that's for sure ! One thing that he has is balls which in the political setting i like because we haven't had a president, congressman, senator with a set in a long time .

It's easy to just go with the flow but the ones that do something other than the status quo are the ones that every one hates which just look at all those that did right from the start .

But it's all good now because the country has fallen back to the same ole BS that it did some 5+ yrs ago and IF there was any thing that he did that was good at all it's been or going to be erased in these first 100 days so you can feel good about that .

But to answer your question no i didn't have any hesitancy in 2016 because previously I was hoping Obama would take the bull by the horns and really do a great job but alas he was just like most of the others before him just continued to give stuff away not only to Americans but to terrorists, communists & who ever else had their hands out .

America has always been able to stand on our own & be a leader in the now distant past not to depend on others to keep us independent but now today seeing as most of all of our products such as medical equipment or PPE as they call it and most everything else we buy here is being produced in China especially after this virus thing should have been a wake up call but it has been more of a WOKE up call .

But that to now is looked at as the norm so if we ever need again to stand on our own due to some difficult circumstances we will once again be screwed at first because of politicians falling back into doing the same ole BS .

7 hours ago, T master said:

Dam your getting Billstime to agree with you that's pretty scary in itself !

I think he started out fine & would have been a lot better for every one if he would have just shut the hell up that's for sure ! One thing that he has is balls which in the political setting i like because we haven't had a president, congressman, senator with a set in a long time .

It's easy to just go with the flow but the ones that do something other than the status quo are the ones that every one hates which just look at all those that did right from the start .

But it's all good now because the country has fallen back to the same ole BS that it did some 5+ yrs ago and IF there was any thing that he did that was good at all it's been or going to be erased in these first 100 days so you can feel good about that .

But to answer your question no i didn't have any hesitancy in 2016 because previously I was hoping Obama would take the bull by the horns and really do a great job but alas he was just like most of the others before him just continued to give stuff away not only to Americans but to terrorists, communists & who ever else had their hands out .

America has always been able to stand on our own & be a leader in the now distant past not to depend on others to keep us independent but now today seeing as most of all of our products such as medical equipment or PPE as they call it and most everything else we buy here is being produced in China especially after this virus thing should have been a wake up call but it has been more of a WOKE up call .

But that to now is looked at as the norm so if we ever need again to stand on our own due to some difficult circumstances we will once again be screwed at first because of politicians falling back into doing the same ole BS .

I've gotten both sides of this forum to agree with my posts. 😄

"I think he started out fine & would have been a lot better for every one if he would have just shut the hell up that's for sure !"

You say this as if you thought it could actually happen. My point is that we all knew who Trump was and anyone with a lick of sense would know he would keep being an #######, not a leader. 

"Having balls" is such a basic and unimaginative sentiment. The President needs to be a leader, organizer, facilitator, motivater who works with the entire government. Not an authoritarian company CEO. 

"Independent" and "standing on our own" are very vague terms, but I subscribe to that ideology for the most part. The fact is that we live in a global economy and societal structure now. People need to get over their desire for living back in the mid 20th century. America doesn't become the leader we want to be by following the examples of China and Russia. Republicans need to be more creative than that.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I've gotten both sides of this forum to agree with my posts. 😄

"I think he started out fine & would have been a lot better for every one if he would have just shut the hell up that's for sure !"

You say this as if you thought it could actually happen. My point is that we all knew who Trump was and anyone with a lick of sense would know he would keep being an #######, not a leader. 

"Having balls" is such a basic and unimaginative sentiment. The President needs to be a leader, organizer, facilitator, motivater who works with the entire government. Not an authoritarian company CEO. 

"Independent" and "standing on our own" are very vague terms, but I subscribe to that ideology for the most part. The fact is that we live in a global economy and societal structure now. People need to get over their desire for living back in the mid 20th century. America doesn't become the leader we want to be by following the examples of China and Russia. Republicans need to be more creative than that.

In all walks of life there will come a time when you will need what ever you want to call it to make a very tough decision and being the leader of the free world you will need that a lot more due to the melting pot that is the USA & more so than not being a leader you will make a decision that others will whine and cry about .

Especially in the world today when more than not people think that just because you live in America you deserve or am entitled to much more just because and that we need to be the savior country for all others instead of taking care of us the US first .

Allowing other countries to provide our economy especially when those countries are communist is to me very foolish so i would rather have and do look for & buy American made products every chance i get . When the virus thing first hit there was a panic because most all medical supplies came from a communist country & the ones that were basically the cause of this entire fiasco .

So if you want to depend on them that's your prerogative but i would rather this country be able to stand on it's own 2 feet per say than depend on another to do so . A little help never hurts but i don't and will never depend totally on some one else let alone a communist to have so much control over what i can buy but politicians do .

I have always depended on God first & me second to take care of me because every time & i do mean every time i have put faith in another man or worldly ways to take care of me it has failed in some way or another so i don't & will never put my full faith in any one that warms the seat in the white house or the US gov't because "WE the People" are no longer first but secondary in their thoughts. 

If i were to follow any leader of the past 20+ yrs and ran my check book or finances the way this gov't does i would either be in jail or broke so i will as i said not depend on them & even when i could have continued to collect unemployment i didn't i went out and worked to pay my bills with the skills the good lord allowed me to learn in my life so again i depend on me not Trump or Biden .

Although Trump had a big mouth i believe there were some things that he did that were better for the country than others have & there are those that as i have said before that "If Trump were to give them a bar of gold would B**CH because it wasn't shiny enough" instead of trying to see any good in what he may be doing or trying to do .

If he wasn't some kind of a leader i don't believe he would be a Billionaire which of all most do fail at some point or another . If there is another successful business man that steps forward for the office that is not a "Career politician" I will take a good long hard look at them because in a nut shell this country is in Trillions of dollars of debt directly attributed to life long politicians of the past that can't balance their own check books let alone our country's .

Which i believe one day we all may regret . 

9 hours ago, T master said:

If he wasn't some kind of a leader i don't believe he would be a Billionaire which of all most do fail at some point or another . If there is another successful business man that steps forward for the office that is not a "Career politician" I will take a good long hard look at them because in a nut shell this country is in Trillions of dollars of debt directly attributed to life long politicians of the past that can't balance their own check books let alone our country's .

It's bothersome that people correlate money and leadership. There's literally no correlation, but a lot of people think the same way you do.

I believe Jesus also had some things to say about money....