Another week, another mass murder

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The first step should be to allow citizens the right to sue gun manufacturers,

8 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Suing because a product is unsafe? Happens all the time 

Inconsistency, thy name is Tiberius.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Read and understand the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. 

Ok! Then repeal it! 

Let us sue these bastards! 

It won't impoverish them, will it? 

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Inconsistency, thy name is Tiberius.

Says he guy who wants police officers to literally be able to murder people on the streets. You really are terrible 

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You can absolutely sue gun manufacturers 

Only if the gun had some type of problem, then you can

They can't be sued if the product was used unlawfully.

but fools like Tibs cannot accept that.

As the link that you just added shows........thanks.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, B-Man said:

Only if the had some type of problem, then you can

but fools like Tibs cannot accept that.

So they can't be sued if they make the perfect tool for murderers to murder more people. 

Exactly 

Just now, Tiberius said:

So they can't be sued if they make the perfect tool for murderers to murder more people. 

Exactly 

Wrong 

“, both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S.-based manufacturer of consumer productsis held responsible. They may also be held liable for negligent entrustment when they have reason to know a gun is intended for use in a crime.”

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Like every other product in the universe. 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Exactly 

Guns are legal.

Protected by the constitution for individual American Citizens.

If you "enough is enough" fanatics want to change it.............go ahead.

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Guns are legal.

Protected by the constitution for individual American Citizens.

If you "enough is enough" fanatics want to change it.............go ahead.

Yes, and step one to making sure they are safe consumer products is to allow the manufactures to be sued if they make products that get people murdered. 

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wrong 

“, both manufacturers and dealers can still be held liable for damages resulting from defective products, breach of contract, criminal misconduct, and other actions for which they are directly responsible in much the same manner that any U.S.-based manufacturer of consumer productsis held responsible. They may also be held liable for negligent entrustment when they have reason to know a gun is intended for use in a crime.”

Like every other product in the universe. 

You make it sound like this law doesn't protect the gun industry. It does. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Just get rid of that law. Let the people, the victims, get their day in court 

There's a lot of grey area here so its not like just getting rid of the law.  So let's say you can sue gun manufacturers. 

Okay, so lets say five armed robbers break into my home and threaten my family and I shoot them all dead.  The police investigate, refer the evidence to the prosecutor's office, and they determine it was self-defense and decline to press charges against me.  Under that scenario do you think the families of my "victims" that intended to harm and rob me are entitled to sue either me or the gun manufacturer?  I say Hell no to that..

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Exactly 

Tibs McVeigh used fertilizer to kill well over a hundred people, should they be liable? 

In the past 5 years dozens of people have intentionally driven over others with their cars, should they be liable? 

In England many people are stabbed with knives, should the knife maker be liable?

• Like (+1) 2

The gunman in Orange California has been identified as Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez.  Apparently a disgruntled former employee of the firm targeted.  You can bet your last penny many on the left will characterize him as a "white" Hispanic.  If the lefties are one thing they are predictable..

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Tibs McVeigh used fertilizer to kill well over a hundred people, should they be liable? 

In the past 5 years dozens of people have intentionally driven over others with their cars, should they be liable? 

In England many people are stabbed with knives, should the knife maker be liable?

I could probably kill someone with a spork.  

13 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The gunman in Orange California has been identified as Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez.  Apparently a disgruntled former employee of the firm targeted.  You can bet your last penny many on the left will characterize him as a "white" Hispanic.  If the lefties are one thing they are predictable..

Holy crap.  I've live in SoCal for nearly 40 years.  Have worked and known dozens and dozens of Hispanics.  Aminadab Gaziola are two new and unique names

BTW what scary military style weapon did he use?  What?  It looks like a handgun?  Well there goes that narrative. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I could probably kill someone with a spork.  

Holy crap.  I've live in SoCal for nearly 40 years.  Have worked and known dozens and dozens of Hispanics.  Aminadab Gaziola are two new and unique name

BTW what scary military style weapon did he use?  What?  It looks like a handgun?  Well there goes that narrative. 

Whats is it going to take to get people to support a Ban on assault sporks ??? 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Whats is it going to take to get people to support a Ban on assault sporks ??? 

First you have to overcome the powerful N.S.A. which has bought Congress.

• Haha (+1) 1