Matthew Judon Interview: Talks about how to stop the Bills!

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

They had a bit of an intimidated look about them, as if they didn’t trust what they were being asked to do, type of vibe, at least that’s how it seemed to me, 

Absolutely...I do not want to sound defeatist, but when they were up 9-0, I could just sense what was coming.

3 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Absolutely...I do not want to sound defeatist, but when they were up 9-0, I could just sense what was coming.

I look at it as an correctable error on the coaching staff that they will learn from, what does not kill us makes us stronger, we will be better because of it. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I look at it as an correctable error on the coaching staff that they will learn from, what does not kill us makes us stronger, we will be better because of it. 

I certainly hope so. If baptism by fire is the answer, then so be it! The Bills just looked at half speed chasing the Chiefs around.

30 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

I certainly hope so. If baptism by fire is the answer, then so be it! The Bills just looked at half speed chasing the Chiefs around.

That I believe cane from not being properly prepared for the game. 

12 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

While that's true, I think we can recall how much the Chiefs got away with in that game too. I guess I'm trying to say it was made clear that depending on which officials you have that game day, it's different how much you can get away with and what is let go or called/not called.

In any event though with that being said, Bills OL was out played, but also some of it was do to a lot of holding Chiefs were constantly getting away with which in case forced Josh to hold the ball longer.

Definitely not saying that was the sole reason. I mean there were quite a few times Bills OL just got blown by and was in Josh's face before you knew it. All in all Bills got outplayed, bottom line. Just wish these games were called similar and consistent. One week they let teams hold basically all day and only maybe 1 flag gets thrown. The next week they call holding with the slightest touch.

It's frustrating and can make an impact on these games.

A huge factor will be whether the Bills can get the 1 seed and be at home, with fans and normal noise for the entirety of the playoffs next year.  I think that's as important as finding an upgrade.

12 hours ago, jletha said:

I tend to agree. I like bringing back pieces but bringing back everyone makes improving more difficult.

Not at all true.  First of all Ford will play in place of Boettger.  A lot hinges on Ford’s improvement.  Second, Anytime you keep the same group together you improve cohesion.  

They will draft another O lineman that they can develop without being thrown in before he is ready.  

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

Actually, the Bills offense that year ran through Thurman Thomas.   The failure on the Bills was NOT using their MVP on every down.  He was that good.

The failure in that SB was TOP and that was on the D.  The Bills moved the ball.

3 hours ago, Old Coot said:

The Chiefs did something in the AFC Championship game that the Bills will need to address going forward because they'll see it from other teams:

Our offense runs through Josh Allen.  Therefor, if a defense can confuse him, it stands a good chance of shutting down the Bills' offense.  One Josh looked over the Chiefs' D and after the communication to the sidelines was cut off, the Chiefs' D shifted to another D.  Unless Josh's audible play was more effective against the new D, the Bills were running a play designed for the initial D.

As an aside I recall a description of what Belichik did to us a the Giants DC in our first Super Bowl loss.  Our offense ran through Kelly so they confused him.  After every Bills' offensive series Kelly & Marchibroda would discuss what the Giants did on D for that series & decide on plays based on that.  Belichik would call defenses on the next series that were unlike what he had called in the previous series.  As a result, Kelly seldom got a defense he expected.

AS to the Ravens game, I'm not sure what they did to stop us.  Comments?

What you describe happens to Allen every week.  New England especially is great at disguising their defense.  Every team does that, even the Jets.  

The Bills problem on offense was execution, not play calling.  They just did not play well. They missed chances to convert and they failed in the red zone.  

The Bills - Giants Super Bowl has been analyzed for 32 years.  The Giants simplified their game to stop crossing routes and kept a lot of people in coverage.  We failed to adjust and run the ball until it was too late.  

Edited by Bob in STL

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

Actually, the Bills offense that year ran through Thurman Thomas.   The failure on the Bills was NOT using their MVP on every down.  He was that good.

I agree that Thomas was a key (perhaps the most important) component in the K-Gun.

But Kelly called the plays at the line in that no-huddle offense.  Kelly's job after the hike (as he described it) was to find & hit the open man. 

BTW the K-Gun was called that after Keith McKeller, the speedy TE whose nickname was "Killer." (for his killer speed). 

2 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

What you describe happens to Allen every week.  New England especially is great at disguising their defense.  Every team does that, even the Jets.  

The Bills problem on offense was execution, not play calling.  They just did not play well. They missed chances to convert and they failed in the red zone.  

Agreed.

But in the playoffs the opponents' D will have more talent and better coaching than the typical NFL defense & therefore is more likely to stymie our offense.

It's difficult to conclude whether our poor execution was the result of poor play on our part or the Chiefs' disguising their D.  At this level of competition a split second's hesitation is enough to get you beaten.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Not sure how Physical Gabe is....certainly not as physical as Corey Davis. Agree they need a speed guy. I’d just love Davis as that receiver who can really make you think twice about press coverage. 

So Corey Davis is your Mike Gillislie this year? You’ve been hilarious in this thread. Nobody s-h-I-t-s on a 13-3 team like @ScottLaw