Travis to Philadelpia not dead yet.....

Buftex

So, Andy Reid is officially on the record as of Sunday night as saying "we are still messing around" with a possible trade for Travis Henry. There is also rampant speculation that the Eagles are looking to trade Corey Simon. Freddie Mitchell wants out of Philly. So, how about we trade Travis to Philly for Corey Simon? Or, if Philly insists Mithcell be part of any trade, how about Travis and Josh Reed to Philly to the Eagles for Corey Simon and Freddie Mitchell...personally I like Reed more than Mitchell (still think Reed has a chance of being a very servicable possesion reciever, while Mitchell has shown nothing, ever), but the idea of Corey Simon in a Bills uniform is kind of exciting...

I'd rather have a pick, even if it's a 4th or 5th. Simon's numbers have dropped off but that would probably make for a fair trade, and fill a need for both teams. I'd still give Edwards and Anderson the first look and have Simon for backup.

I've been meaning to ask, who's that in your avatar? CZ-J? ;)

So, Andy Reid is officially on the record as of Sunday night as saying "we are still messing around" with a possible trade for Travis Henry.  There is also rampant speculation that the Eagles are looking to trade Corey Simon.  Freddie Mitchell wants out of Philly.  So, how about we trade Travis to Philly for Corey Simon?  Or, if Philly insists Mithcell be part of any trade, how about Travis and Josh Reed to Philly to the Eagles for Corey Simon and Freddie Mitchell...personally I like Reed more than Mitchell (still think Reed has a chance of being a very servicable possesion reciever, while Mitchell has shown nothing, ever), but the idea of Corey Simon in a Bills uniform is kind of exciting...

317741[/snapback]

what about straight up for correll buckhalter? he'd be a good, hassle-free backup (assuming he's reasonably healthy).

the thing is, though, i can't imagine henry would want to go to philly, where for all intents and purposes, westbrook is the starter and will continue to be. he wants to be a "top five" back, and that ain't gonna happen in philly. my point, i guess, is that philly is only going to want him if he's committed to playing there.

Damn some of you fans are as fickle as they come -

If TD traded TH for a 4th or lower draft pick dare I say just about EVERYONE would be bitching about it????

ARG....

317773[/snapback]

not me - a 6th rounder in the 2006 draft would be most welcome. that's the sort of spot where you can land a good kicker, which the bills will need at some point.

Commentator on Sirius mentioned TD was willing to move Travis for a third, but there was no takers. In fact none of the guys that were talked about being traded were moved. Gardner, Woodson, Henry Abraham, etc....

So, Andy Reid is officially on the record as of Sunday night as saying "we are still messing around" with a possible trade for Travis Henry.  There is also rampant speculation that the Eagles are looking to trade Corey Simon.  Freddie Mitchell wants out of Philly.  So, how about we trade Travis to Philly for Corey Simon?  Or, if Philly insists Mithcell be part of any trade, how about Travis and Josh Reed to Philly to the Eagles for Corey Simon and Freddie Mitchell...personally I like Reed more than Mitchell (still think Reed has a chance of being a very servicable possesion reciever, while Mitchell has shown nothing, ever), but the idea of Corey Simon in a Bills uniform is kind of exciting...

317741[/snapback]

I was on a Philly forum and one guy said the Eagles were afraid of Henry's knees.

sorry i had to edit that one...

henry + draft pick, and/or Reed = Tre Thomas

317802[/snapback]

If the Eagles were to deal Tre Thomas to the Bills, I doubt that they would even accept a 1st round pick along with Travis Henry. Teams just dont trade solid LTs.

Think about it.....they are winning a ton of games, and you just cant do so without a high quality LT. You just dont see teams trading away these guys...... it doesn't happen.

If the Eagles were to deal Tre Thomas to the Bills, I doubt that they would even accept a 1st round pick along with Travis Henry. Teams just dont trade solid LTs.

Think about it.....they are winning a ton of games, and you just cant do so without a high quality LT. You just dont see teams trading away these guys...... it doesn't happen.

317832[/snapback]

but but but but but but but but.....they would be trading their starting LT, but they would be getting TH in return! ;)

not me - a 6th rounder in the 2006 draft would be most welcome. that's the sort of spot where you can land a good kicker, which the bills will need at some point.

317785[/snapback]

6th rounder?

Ah yes, a pro-bowl back for basically training camp fodder ;)

YIPPIE :lol: