Jump to content

Ken Johnson/Pinto Ron Surgery


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone, Our ultimate Bills fan Kenny Johnson is having open heart surgery tomorrow. His family has reached out to all Bills fans to please keep him in our prayers. Thank you. 

DJ says Ken was discharged home this afternoon and is already in primo tailgating shape.  

Posted Images

#PintoRon Update. Talked with Kenny Saturday. All is good. He sounded like Kenny of old. He is bunkered down at his homestead. Obviously he has to take it easy & slowly build up his strength.Turns out a lot of his medical team has been to his tailgate! @pintotailgate 👍❤️🍔🌭🛥

 

This is a tweet from Hammer's Lot 

Edited by CowgirlsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 6:01 PM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

 

 

Amazing!! anyone else think Ken made them wait for the offseason before going for surgery? lol

I remember him telling me one time he told his kids " Don't even think about getting married between September and January, since I won't be able to make any of those dates"

  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Guffalo said:

I remember him telling me one time he told his kids " Don't even think about getting married between September and January, since I won't be able to make any of those dates"

I can beat that.  When the Bills were Super Bowl contenders I used to tell my father that he better not die on a week I have Super Bowl tickets or I won't go to his funeral.  He lived over a decade past the Bills glory years and died on a January Sunday in 2008 at age 87 during the Bills playoff drought and I was able to attend his funeral. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Guffalo said:

I remember him telling me one time he told his kids " Don't even think about getting married between September and January, since I won't be able to make any of those dates"

The only alternative for them would be to get married during the bye week. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 3:30 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

 

 

Speaking of tailgate lots, i forgot to mention that a few days before the Bills-Chiefs playoff game the sports section of the New York Times quoted Eric Matwijow, aka the Hammer of Hammer's Lot.  Story talked a lot about the Bills mafia but i was disappointed not a mention of all the charitable giving that has happened...just mostly  about drinking table smashing etc.

Roy, sorry you were disappointed in The NY Times story. I've done a lot of interviews. You get asked many questions. While some interviewers will tell what angle/topic they are looking for most don't. You never know what the final story will look like. Obviously the interviewer was not interested in the recent charity donations craz which is nothing new. WNYers have a long history of being one of the most generous communtues in the nation. Hopefully Hallie Grossmans ESPN article was more to your liking. Go Bills

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 6:48 PM, Limeaid said:

 

I do not drink coffee. I like the smell of it and used to grind it multiple times at work but not like taste even with sugar, milk, Baileys Irish cream or Jack Daniels.

Coffee is the lifeblood of Champions!  Little kids in Mexico drink coffee!   
 

-Poet Laureate Mike Ditka 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, CowgirlsFan said:

#PintoRon Update. Talked with Kenny Saturday. All is good. He sounded like Kenny of old. He is bunkered down at his homestead. Obviously he has to take it easy & slowly build up his strength.Turns out a lot of his medical team has been to his tailgate! @pintotailgate 👍❤️🍔🌭🛥

 

This is a tweet from Hammer's Lot 

Thanks for the update. I wish I could give more details but then Kenny would have nothing to talk about at the Season Opener!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hammers Lot said:

Roy, sorry you were disappointed in The NY Times story. I've done a lot of interviews. You get asked many questions. While some interviewers will tell what angle/topic they are looking for most don't. You never know what the final story will look like. Obviously the interviewer was not interested in the recent charity donations craz which is nothing new. WNYers have a long history of being one of the most generous communtues in the nation. Hopefully Hallie Grossmans ESPN article was more to your liking. Go Bills

 

I was not "disappointed" with the article, first and foremost i was impressed Hammers Lot got in the NYT. That is why I posted to begin with.  If was, if anything, disappointed in the, to me obvious agenda the author took.

 

Your quotes were very, I hate to say it, politically correct, well measured, thoughtful with a tinge of humor.  I actually thought well done.

 

Another lesson to me is you can not trust the "press" any more, they have an agenda they will run with it.

 

Did you read it?  What were your thoughts?  When i used to be quoted by the media it was a different era, it wasnt all agenda or computer click driven.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...