Perserverence on Mars--we stick the landing

Sundancer

I geocache and so does someone who worked on the rover. There are things called travel bugs rear you move  from cache to cache.    They have codes on them that you enter and  get credit for hvng seen ir handled it.  That person had a code etched on the lander that will be visible in pictures of the lander.  Starting in a day or two  any geocacher can log a travel bug on Mars!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, T&C said:

Some really good video here along with the story... been checking this out for awhile... oddly, just mentioned him in the book thread but Bradbury got me into the planet many many years ago. 

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2021/02/17/perseverance--how-nasa-rover-s-mars-mission-is-different

I read the entire Isaac Asimov Lucky Starr series when I was 5 to 6 including "David Starr, Space Ranger (1952)" who went to Mars.  Obviously when I went to school in 1st grade I was not impressed with the Dick and Jane book "See Spot Run" which was an issue with my primary school education.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I read the entire Isaac Asimov Lucky Starr series when I was 5 to 6 including "David Starr, Space Ranger (1952)" who went to Mars.  Obviously when I went to school in 1st grade I was not impressed with the Dick and Jane book "See Spot Run" which was an issue with my primary school education.

If Miss Pickerell went to Mars when I was a kid, I cannot figure out why we're still sending WALL-Es.

15 hours ago, Wacka said:

I geocache and so does someone who worked on the rover. There are things called travel bugs rear you move  from cache to cache.    They have codes on them that you enter and  get credit for hvng seen ir handled it.  That person had a code etched on the lander that will be visible in pictures of the lander.  Starting in a day or two  any geocacher can log a travel bug on Mars!

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.