Biden's Foreign Policy Already GettING Results

Tiberius

The sad part is that we have the ability to de-weaponize oil and removing it from impacting foreign relations by simply producing cleaner energy that we are going to burn regardless of where it comes from. ........domestically.

Cleaner. Cheaper. 

The claim that what we produce will be sold overseas is a specious argument.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The sad part is that we have the ability to de-weaponize oil and removing it from impacting foreign relations by simply producing cleaner energy that we are going to burn regardless of where it comes from. ........domestically.

Cleaner. Cheaper. 

The claim that what we produce will be sold overseas is a specious argument.

yes, if the oil companies would stop share buy backs and spend more profits on alternative energy sources...

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, if the oil companies would stop share buy backs and spend more profits on alternative energy sources...

I would absolutely love to get into a discussion of a free enterprise system, the success of the US economic model, buy backs and ESG investing, but it will never happen here.

Perhaps you are smarter than those paid and who have a fiduciary responsibility to manage the assets of millions of investors.

I don't see it from you, and I absolutely don't see it from this administration who cannot get simple appointments approved, let alone have a scale tipping influence on very major impacts to our economy.

The faster they are gone, (though not trump), the better.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I would absolutely love to get into a discussion of a free enterprise system, the success of the US economic model, buy backs and ESG investing, but it will never happen here.

Perhaps you are smarter than those paid and who have a fiduciary responsibility to manage the assets of millions of investors.

I don't see it from you, and I absolutely don't see it from this administration who cannot get simple appointments approved, let alone have a scale tipping influence on very major impacts to our economy.

The faster they are gone, (though not trump), the better.

Then maybe you could explain to some of the cult here that America is capitalistic...

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Then maybe you could explain to some of the cult here that America is capitalistic...

I'm not aware of any "cult."

But in the interest of full disclosure, regarding energy, I have a very significant commitment to emerging energy that is not fossil fuel, and zero to fossil fuel.

I am simply a realist who understands how stupid and destructive the Administration's stated elimination of drilling is.

Absolutely void of economic reality, and we have seen the results.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm not aware of any "cult."

But in the interest of full disclosure, regarding energy, I have a very significant commitment to emerging energy that is not fossil fuel, and zero to fossil fuel.

I am simply a realist who understands how stupid and destructive the Administration's stated elimination of drilling is.

Absolutely void of economic reality, and we have seen the results.

The real cult can't see/admit it.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Do you have to work at being intellectually dishonest or does it come naturally?

Are you aware of the fallacy of the false choice?

Kind of well known in logic 102.

Or simply a dope.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sherpa said:

Are you aware of the fallacy of the false choice?

Kind of well known in logic 102.

Or simply a dope.

Yes, aware.  and you choose to be willfully ignorant.  Why?  

But I like that fallacy:  "When did you stop beating your wife?"  If we're counting fallacies and outright lies, well, you know.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

13 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

Yes, aware.  and you choose to be willfully ignorant.  Why?  

But I like that fallacy:  "When did you stop beating your wife?"  If we're counting fallacies and outright lies, well, you know.

So you go from the fallacy of the false choice, to the fallacy of the false premise.

You are authoring examples of the first chapter in any logic text.

Anyway, I am not willfully ignorant.

I am simply not politically charged enough and not inclined to comment on everything that gets written here.

You can write whatever you want, and I rarely care.

What I do comment on are things that I have knowledge of and get misrepresented, or that I can provide additional information on.

Not asking for agreement or trying to be intentionally confrontational.

Not my style.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

So you go from the fallacy of the false choice, to the fallacy of the false premise.

You are authoring examples of the first chapter in any logic text.

Anyway, I am not willfully ignorant.

I am simply not politically charged enough and not inclined to comment on everything that gets written here.

You can write whatever you want, and I rarely care.

What I do comment on are things that I have knowledge of and get misrepresented, or that I can provide additional information on.

Not asking for agreement or trying to be intentionally confrontational.

Not my style.

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

“I do not know if crimes were committed, it’s not my place.” - same guy.

One thing Mexican officials know how to do is easily spot official government corruption and President Biden's expertise at avoiding direct involvement by directing payoffs from foreign entities to family members would have made him one hell of an outstanding corrupt Mexican official. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

One thing Mexican officials know how to do is easily spot official government corruption and President Biden's expertise at avoiding direct involvement by directing payoffs from foreign entities to family members would have made him one hell of an outstanding corrupt Mexican official. 

Don't believe he mentioned Biden at all in that article.

• Eyeroll 1

Brazilian President Lulu headed to China for bi-lateral trade talks with Xi.  Terms expected to include settlement in local currencies bypassing dollar settlement.  What most Americans don't notice is a steadily growing number of countries looking to eliminate the US dollar.  Seems Biden screwed the golden Goose by seizing and freezing Russian central bank funds which has left the world wanting to avoid a similar situation if they somehow displease Washington.  Given the dollar is a much bigger source of US power than even the military this spells trouble for us all.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad has arrived in Saudi Arabia.  The first visit of a Syrian foreign minister or any high ranking government official to the country since 2011.  Normalization of relations is expected to follow along with Syria being welcomed back into the Arab League organization.  12 years, which makes it Obama's handiwork, of another failed Washington regime change effort in the Middle East.  Getting results!

• Thank you (+1) 1