Interesting Post on the Bills and LT position

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forums/inde...4796&hl=mcnally

I'm sure this has been referenced/posted before, but it might be worth considering again. McNally's comments at a WNYFCA meeting:

"Next mentioned that as right now the Left Tackle would be Jason Peters who he described as a "Phenom", and if he could not do the job, Teague would move out to LT."

Phenom has a nice ring to it. Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow.. :(

I'm sure this has been referenced/posted before, but it might be worth considering again.  McNally's comments at a WNYFCA meeting:

"Next mentioned that as right now the Left Tackle would be Jason Peters who he described as a "Phenom", and if he could not do the job, Teague would move out to LT."

Phenom has a nice ring to it.  Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow.. :(

317394[/snapback]

When I'm stuck with a day, that's gray and lonely.........

I don't know...I don't like out starting LT being undrafted last year....

I like Peters as a blocking tight end but starting at left tackle?? No thanks...

Something else is in the works....whether its Teague time to move back or making some sort of trade.......

I trust McNally but geeze....Peters seems too much of a stretch.

Peters is huge, athletic and fast, i dunno why you knock the decision. just cause a guy was undrafted doesnt mean he's not good, it just means the scouts didnt know where to put him. He's a good player and we saw him motor in Special teams, and make big plays, Im excited. If McNally says he can do it, I believe him. With the addition of a good TE and WR, I can see our offense being WIDE open next year.

Peters is huge, athletic and fast, i dunno why you knock the decision. just cause a guy was undrafted doesnt mean he's not good, it just means the scouts didnt know where to put him. He's a good player and we saw him motor in Special teams, and make big plays, Im excited. If McNally says he can do it, I believe him. With the addition of a good TE and WR, I can see our offense being WIDE open next year.

317514[/snapback]

If it works out, and that's a big if, the phrase "tackle eligible" will have new meaning!

I don't know...I don't like out starting LT being undrafted last year....

I like Peters as a blocking tight end but starting at left tackle??  No thanks...

Something else is in the works....whether its Teague time to move back or making some sort of trade.......

I trust McNally but geeze....Peters seems too much of a stretch.

317471[/snapback]

Peters is big strong and has the agility needed for a LT. He lacks experience and technique which he gained some last year under McNally's toolage.

I think Peter's for LT will be given a good long look this offseason and preseason.

I also like our recent undrafted FA pick up Gudmudsen for LT.

Overall I like our OL this year better then last year. Teague is experienced to play LT, Gandy can fill in, or Peters/Gudmudsen/McFarland will pan out.

The rest of our OL is solid we have Anderson at LG or Geisenger who was a great pick in rd 6

Teague, Tucker, or Preston for C. Villarial at RG and Williams at RT

plus our depth will be better this year then last.

317514[/snapback]

Really, it's not rocket science. You see a guy coming your way, knock him on his ass.

So if you're sure of a bet, you would bet that?  Or it means you'd bet the whole stack?

317501[/snapback]

Yes, it means bet your whole stack of dollars.....

JDG

I just don't see it. Peters is a great athlete and great ST player. I just don't see how he can learn to be a starting LT in one offseason. He might have gotten a few practices at LT last year but was mostly a TE. I hope that they have some camp fodder to play QB in preseason games while he plays LT.

I'm sure this has been referenced/posted before, but it might be worth considering again.  McNally's comments at a WNYFCA meeting:

Phenom has a nice ring to it.  Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow.. :(

317394[/snapback]

Oh boy, someone that's never played LT before. Great. What a time to learn in the AFC East.

I just don't see it.  Peters is a great athlete and great ST player.  I just don't see how he can learn to be a starting LT in one offseason.  He might have gotten a few practices at LT last year but was mostly a TE.  I hope that they have some camp fodder to play QB in preseason games while he plays LT.

317639[/snapback]

I agree that it is a huge leap in one off-season to go from a UDFA TE who couldn't block to a starting LT.

PS I wouldn't call him a great ST player based on one blocked punt. Bit of a reach.

I can see it now... Tackle Elligible Jason Peters.

JP takes the snap, Peters leaves his left tackle position and goes out for the pass.

JP hands the ball off to our Speedy Roscoe Parrish who runs to the right faster than any corner on the other team... everyone is pursuing him... he stops, then using his Quarterback skills he had in High School, throws the ball back to JP who has sense used his speed to set up a nice lateral across the field. JP drills a pass to Peters who is now running his way to a touchdown.

I can imagine can't I?