Super Bowl LVI: Bills among favorites to hoist Lombardi Trophy

HOUSE

On 2/3/2021 at 4:11 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because it never happens like that. But of course the Bills should be among the favorites. Fairly young team with a qb who turned into a superstar.  I hope they stay hungry because a lot of young teams let stuff go to their heads and never make it back. 

definitely doesn’t seem like it would be the case with this group.  

This is what I worry about too this year it was Buffalo never wins on prime time Buffalo hasn’t won a playoff game and you can tell the players we’re hungry and wanted to shut everyone up. So maybe next year I can start a rumor Buffalo can’t win the super bowl lol then they will 

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

If he was that good don't you think our offense would have played better against Baltimore and KC?

We have no running back threat and our line can't run block.

And our pass blocking got exposed versus good pass rushers 

Josh Allen is the only reason we won the indy game, and he was running for his life versus Kansas City 

But he will be the reason we are winning in the future

6 hours ago, Success said:

At this  point, it's hard to ask for a better schedule than that. Obviously, things can change, and teams often exceed expectations - but no one can name the starting QB for half of the teams on that list right now.

It's a year-to-year league, and it certainly can't be an assumption that there is some sort of linear progression.  Like, okay - last year, we made the WC, this year, we got to the AFCCG, next year, Super Bowl!  It just doesn't work like that in the NFL.

That said, there is no one else out there I'd rather have in charge than Beane.  He will put the team in the best position to repeat their 2021 success and build on it.  My expectation now is winning the AFC East, at minimum. Beyond that is harder to gauge, since you need luck in the playoffs more often than not (and we did in both the Colts and Ravens games to get where we did).

What luck did we get in those two games 

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

If he was that good don't you think our offense would have played better against Baltimore and KC?

Lol Allen was the bills offense this year win you get in the playoffs you can’t be One dimensional teams are to good. 

On 2/3/2021 at 4:49 PM, ScottLaw said:

A little risky counting on Davis taking Browns spot.... we saw this offense suffer in the playoffs with a beat up WR group. Adding another good WR is ideal, IMO. That said, I’d be pleasantly surprised if they did. They have limited resourced available and seem more concerned with the run game..... And it only took them 3 years to realize they need to get better at the WR position. 

Davis was alot more reliable and productive then Smoke was. I'm convinced John will be gone. Diggs will be back as our star #1. Beasley and Davis will round out 2&3. Hodgins will get some opportunities and we might see Still too. We suffered because of multiple injured wrs. And a team that relies 90% of their offense on Josh and his wrs was bound to struggle.  Our wr room will be fine next year.  I can't say the same for the TE room?

On 2/3/2021 at 5:52 PM, hjnick said:

This offseason is going to have alot of turnover and turmoil because of the lower salary cap, which NO one was expecting before COVID.

Lots of hard decisions will be made. The teams frontoffices that can handle and cope best with this situation will make gains.

In Beane I Trust.

Yeah to an extent but it's projecting at 185, which is super helpful... plus we're not the only team in the predicament. Some players we couldn't normally get might be floating around, and I like our front office more than most teams... could work in our favor! If an opportunity presents itself does anyone believe Beane won't capitalize on it? Anyone? I think we find a new toy

On 2/3/2021 at 3:30 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

If Watson can stay out of the afce, I don't see why the same 4 teams won't  be playing next year. 

call it stats are for liars, or whatever, but the reason why is that same 4 teams playing the semis to the SB, back to back has not happened before, ever? I hope Buffalo is one of those 4 again, I couldn´t care less for who they play against...

Edited by BuffaLoko

It just seems like people have such a bad taste in their mouth from the KC game, it’s now doom and gloom.  No team is perfect, and all have needs.

We went 13-3, and Allen and co. won in Baltimore as Allen didn’t make big mistakes and our defensive game plan was excellent.  They forced Lamar to have to throw from the pocket and outside the hashes.

We have we hope a more favorable schedule in 2021.  If Brees retires, how good is Winston, the Bucs with Brady another year older, but he is still winning.  We have the Titans, Steelers (Ben looked terrible down the stretch), Colts, and Chiefs.

We have so much to do in the pff season, it’s hard to predict we’ll be that much better or worse.  We still have a lot of strengths like our secondary, a solid zone defensive scheme, Allen of course, and WR’s.

Do we need a running game, TE, edge rusher, and possible a replacement in a very athletic LB in Milano, but so does everyone else have needs.  There is nothing pointing for me to say we will have this large scale regression.  If anything, a lot  of pundits think we will improve on this year.

On 2/4/2021 at 4:46 AM, NJKBillsfan said:

We don't have a good running game, we have zero pass rush, I think the jury is still out on Allen.

Every player has a question mark going into next season, at every team. Random things can happen which no one expects - some progress more than expected, some surprisingly regress, it's pot luck. Yes, you'd suspect those who have established themselves to keep pushing on but the NFL shocks time and again.