It's Officially That Time Of Year Again - Post Your 2021 Mock Drafts

H2o

On 1/30/2021 at 7:32 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

@Blokestradamus did you get a chance to watch Daviyon Nixon? If/when you do, please share your thoughts. Also check out Lorenzo Neal Jr. I’d like to see the Bills get younger, faster and more powerful on offensive and defensive lines

I got around to watching Nixon a couple of days ago. I am moderately in love with a fat lad from Kenosha.

His athleticism really stands out, he looked half a step quicker than everyone else in the games I watched. His recognition skills are outstanding, especially in the run game. He stacks blockers really well. Wins in the pass game with his burst and his swim move but needs to develop more counter moves. Think he's going to be a 2i or three-tech for most teams but he could play one-tech (even if I think that's wasting his main positives).

Gave him a second round grade and a comparison to Grady Jarrett. From what I've seen so far, he might be IDL #2 for me behind Barmore.

• 1 month later...

Just ran this sim on PFN making a few moves to slide around the board. 

51.Jaelan Phillips

EDGE Miami (FL)

64.Javonte Williams

RB North Carolina

67.Landon Dickerson

OC Alabama

73.Hunter Long

TE Boston College

93.Tyler Shelvin

DT LSU

118.Paulson Adebo

CB Stanford

159.Dazz Newsome

WR North Carolina

211.Tommy Doyle

OT Miami (OH

Edited by H2o
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

D18E918C-3CD8-4F02-9257-E243A5674C26.png

I really liked this one.

Got a dynamic EDGE, a mauling guard who can compete with Mongo, a CB2 candidate, a returner/gadget guy, developmental 1T, change of pace at running back, and a big nickel/ST ace. 

This would be the perfect draft, IMO.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

D18E918C-3CD8-4F02-9257-E243A5674C26.png

I really liked this one.

Got a dynamic EDGE, a mauling guard who can compete with Mongo, a CB2 candidate, a returner/gadget guy, developmental 1T, change of pace at running back, and a big nickel/ST ace. 

This would be the perfect draft, IMO.

Very good draft, really like Darden and Jefferson as late round skill position players.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This may be my favorite one yet. Did a little maneuvering to end up with 8 picks total.

I just flat out want Javonte Williams (or Etienne)on this Bills Offense. The committee thing will be OK, but Williams will be like a turbo-charger...Melifonwu will have a chance to play some. Robinson could develop real well given time. Everyone knows about Schwartz by now. I'm sure he'll go higher than #161. But he was there and I was not going to pass him up. I did not mess around while addressing the interior D-Line depth with size (Zimmer and Phillips combined for over 600 snaps on Defense in 2020. While they are both OK players I think this is an area the Bills can attack in the 4th-6th Rounds. Kyle Williams was a 5th Rd pick. Pat Williams went undrafted. It can happen. Regardless, I think they can improve their depth inside on D. I realize Star will take up some of those snaps...But it's not like Butler set the world on fire last year, and he was on the field for 428 snaps himself)...Beyer and Rumph are both likely Dev squad guys, but they have real nice upside. I think Rumph can fill a LorAx-type roll in a year or two. B-)

image.thumb.png.15f504e1363afcb5d00d4b3a94e2ae76.png

Ran this one today. Accepted one trade with Atlanta allowing them to move up to 30 with me getting 35 & 167. If it fell this way our DL becomes a tough room to fit into. 

Buffalo Bills

35.Jaelan Phillips

EDGE Miami (FL)

61.Daviyon Nixon

DT Iowa

93.Nico Collins

WR Michigan

121.Ambry Thomas

CB Michigan

161.Marvin Wilson

DT Florida State

167.Robert Hainsey

OG Notre Dame

174.Tre McKitty

TE Georgia

213.Javian Hawkins

RB Louisville

236.Josh Ball

OT Marshall

From fanspeak using "deep fried draft" was ridiculous ain't even close!!!!  This is mine with 2 trades .....

TEAM PICKS

41: R2 P9     WR Jaylen Waddle - Alabama

50: R2 P18   EDGE Jayson Oweh - Penn State

61: R2 P29   RB Najee Harris - Alabama

72: R3 P8     LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah - Notre Dame

93: R3 P29   OT Jalen Mayfield - Michigan

161: R5 P17  TE Tommy Tremble - Notre Dame

174: R5 P30  WR Tutu Atwell - Louisville

213: R6 P29  CB Tay Gowan - UCF

236: R7 P8    DL Marvin Wilson - Florida State

TRADES

Trade Partner: Miami Dolphins

Sent:

·       Round 1 Pick 30

Received:

·       Round 2 Pick 4

·       Round 2 Pick 18

Trade Partner: Detroit Lions

Sent:

·       Round 2 Pick 4

Received:

·       Round 2 Pick 9

·       Round 3 Pick 8

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.