Speed, speed and more speed!

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Good grief.  Jefferson just had a great rookie season.  I have no idea what kind of stats he's going to put up for the next four years, much less over his entire career.  It's possible that this year was a fluke, but it's much more likely that he'll still be a really good NFL receiver when Diggs is in decline or OOF. 

Yes you do have an idea, you specifically stated "why would he regress?".  What's the opposite of regression?  

So when Diggs starts to decline, like every player in the NFL, you try to replace him.  So when Jefferson starts to decline, whatever team he's on will replace him.  

That's how it works.  

28 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Hill had 172 yards, there is a need for speed but you also need to be able to utilize it. We have Mackenzie but he is not part of the game plan.

McKenzie is more of our Mecole Hardman. Punt returner, end around, bubble screen, etc., etc. Actually preceded Hardman at Georgia. Not as flat-out fast as Hardman, but very slippery. He just needs to catch those punts cleanly and it's goodbye Andre Roberts. I'd love to see him re-signed and given more touches per game.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

5 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree, as the saying goes "speed kills", "can't coach speed".

That said, can't fill every single need but its a solid list to work from.

Beane needs to be very honest this offseason and make some tough decisions, ie: roster cuts.  Perhaps creating enough cap to sign Milano back, or look for an upgrade at other positions.  Then absolutely need to continue hitting on the 1st, 2nd round picks.  Oliver and Epenesa need to stand out next season

I can see Ed's game improve this fall with Star back but I'm not holding my breathe for Epenesa. We need to get a better group of pass rushers than Hughes, Murphy or Addison.  And we're going to have to cut some name players to free up $ for this pass rusher. I don't see one in the late 1st?

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I can see Ed's game improve this fall with Star back but I'm not holding my breathe for Epenesa. We need to get a better group of pass rushers than Hughes, Murphy or Addison.  And we're going to have to cut some name players to free up $ for this pass rusher. I don't see one in the late 1st?

Agree about needing more talent up front. 

Jerry has sentimental.value, but its a business and it would be smart to start from scratch at the def end spots (cut Jefferson and butler too for.cap money).

The Penn St defensive end would be a dream come true if we could get him (likely a trade into teens or early 20s), Georgia defensive end 2nd on my list.  Think we need a speed rusher, Epenesa fill out his frame on the other side.  Then due some diligence and find a solid pass rush fit in free agency.