An end ... and a new beginning.

SoTier

11 hours ago, Big Gun said:

The election was stolen, it wouldnt have mattered if Trump had 100 million votes and Biden had 1 million votes. The Dems were going to make sure they did everything they could to have the election stolen, if you think other wise your dumb, ignorant and blind. 

You idiots got what you wanted and this turd of a POTUS has been a train wreck since day 1 and getting worse, yay!

:lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:     :lol:    :lol:     :lol:     :lol:    :lol:     :lol:     :lol:   

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BECAUSE IT’S ‘CONTROVERSIAL’ TO BUILD IN THE SAME STYLE AS WASHINGTON’S MOST BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGS: 

President Biden Revokes Trump’s Controversial Classical Architecture Order.

Old Chinese & Russian architecture likely preferred by the new White House gang.

TO BE FAIR, THE PAST MONTH DID SEEM LIKE FOUR YEARS: 

“Biden’s Presidency Seems Ready to End,” Michael Walsh writes:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/bidens-presidency-seems-ready-to-end_3716806.html?utm_source=partner&fbclid=IwAR1_CUbL5zMpBogCbsjVb-qDX3CJdWsAhkPeW4rSsbEKDqVJjhs9OGYVUYY

We’re now six weeks or so into the sham presidency of Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr., and already the end of the Biden era seems near.

A bumbling shell of a man, constantly attended by his wife, Jill, and with the lengthening shadow of his vice president, Kamala Harris, looming in the background, Biden seems incapable of doing anything except signing the slew of executive orders his handlers shove under his nose until at last, exhausted, his team “calls a lid” on his workday and packs him back off upstairs at the White House for a nice lie-down before noontime.

It would be funny if it weren’t so tragic—or perhaps it would be tragic if it weren’t so funny. No one has ever mistaken Biden for an intellectual; indeed he has long acted like the bully at the end of an Irish bar, full of bluster and braggadocio, without being able in the slightest to back up his boasts.

{snip}

“President Biden has joined the scores of people who turned to Mario Kart to stay entertained during the pandemic—at least for one game with his granddaughter. Naomi Biden posted on Snapchat this weekend that she and her grandfather played an arcade-style game round of Mario Kart at Camp David over the weekend—and that he won.”

Momentous news, indeed. Still, it could be worse, and probably will be as Biden fades and the Democrats ponder when to strike. But it won’t take much more for the Democrats to depose him—and get their first choice for president behind the Resolute Desk. And then we’re really in trouble.

Nonsense. Isn’t everyone ready for Kamalamania?!

https://spectator.us/topic/kamalamania-prepare-president-kamala-harris/

• Like (+1) 1

President Biden setting a new record for most days in office without a press conference, and it’s not even close

biden-8cdb3cb7-cd8c-412e-82a3-47ec95f80d

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/03/president-biden-setting-a-new-record-for-most-days-in-office-without-a-press-conference-and-its-not-even-close/

and NO, the "town Hall doesn't count. With pre-screened questions from an invitation-only audience, along with CNN’s Anderson Cooper to cover for any screw-ups.

That's not a live press conference.

However, like most Americans, I don't really see this as a bad thing. Having Joe Biden do a press conference would be a national threat to our security.

We are safer with his ineptitude safely hidden.

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

President Biden setting a new record for most days in office without a press conference, and it’s not even close

biden-8cdb3cb7-cd8c-412e-82a3-47ec95f80d

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2021/03/03/president-biden-setting-a-new-record-for-most-days-in-office-without-a-press-conference-and-its-not-even-close/

and NO, the "town Hall doesn't count. With pre-screened questions from an invitation-only audience, along with CNN’s Anderson Cooper to cover for any screw-ups.

That's not a live press conference.

However, like most Americans, I don't really see this as a bad thing. Having Joe Biden do a press conference would be a national threat to our security.

We are safer with his ineptitude safely hidden.

Expanding on your conclusion, wouldn't you agree that having a President that is incapable of performing the most elementary duties of the office is a national security threat?  Which begs the question, if Biden s not calling the shots here, who is?  Actions like VP Harris taking meetings with other world leaders where custom and protocol require them to be handled by the President is a red flag.  Something is wrong.  We know it, our allies know it, and our enemies know it too. 

2 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Expanding on your conclusion, wouldn't you agree that having a President that is incapable of performing the most elementary duties of the office is a national security threat?  Which begs the question, if Biden s not calling the shots here, who is?  Actions like VP Harris taking meetings with other world leaders where custom and protocol require them to be handled by the President is a red flag.  Something is wrong.  We know it, our allies know it, and our enemies know it too. 

the flip side is I’d rather the one with their mental faculties intact doing it behind the scenes than the alternative. But I firmly believe people think that branch of govt has a lot more power than they actually do anyway.

All the agency appointees mater but are vetted pretty thoroughly by Congress and thus must have broader political allegiances. 

executive orders are often more for show than actually have teeth. 

43 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the flip side is I’d rather the one with their mental faculties intact doing it behind the scenes than the alternative. But I firmly believe people think that branch of govt has a lot more power than they actually do anyway.

All the agency appointees mater but are vetted pretty thoroughly by Congress and thus must have broader political allegiances. 

executive orders are often more for show than actually have teeth. 

I hear what you're sayin' but it doesn't send an assuring message to the international community knowing the President's health is potentially compromising his ability to perform his duties and presents an ambiguous and unknown chain of command.  Its a certainty that every intelligence service of every country we deal with friend or foe is aware of this situation.  Some may be alarmed while others might see opportunity for advantage or mischief.  

And for example if VP Harris was making key decisions and performing key duties I might feel a lot better than if the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon had commandeered policy decision making duties for Middle East policy.  Essentially the government is operating without a functional head of state.  This might ultimately fall under the 25th Amendment of the Constitution in some scenario fitting of the the 4 sections.  

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I hear what you're sayin' but it doesn't send an assuring message to the international community knowing the President's health is potentially compromising his ability to perform his duties and presents an ambiguous and unknown chain of command.  Its a certainty that every intelligence service of every country we deal with friend or foe is aware of this situation.  Some may be alarmed while others might see opportunity for advantage or mischief.  

And for example if VP Harris was making key decisions and performing key duties I might feel a lot better than if the Joint Chiefs of Staff at the Pentagon had commandeered policy decision making duties for Middle East policy.  Essentially the government is operating without a functional head of state.  This might ultimately fall under the 25th Amendment of the Constitution in some scenario fitting of the the 4 sections.  

4 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

- Every presidential norm has been destroyed.

- We are unaware who runs our nation but anyone with a 3 digit IQ agree it’s not Biden

- There’s razor wire fencing and armed troops cutting us off from Congress

But a stolen election is considered a conspiracy theory.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

- Every presidential norm has been destroyed.

- We are unaware who runs our nation but anyone with a 3 digit IQ agree it’s not Biden

- There’s razor wire fencing and armed troops cutting us off from Congress

But a stolen election is considered a conspiracy theory.

if I were a conservative, a Republican, a moderate, or even just an individual that believes a representative democracy only works if there is a balance of power, what I’d really be worried about is HR1... any time you have a unilateral bill that changes the voting process, you can be sure it’s to enhance their own ability to win more elections and further the consolidation of federal power. 

Even some democrats felt it to be wrong to federalize aspects of voting. 

it’s going to be interesting how this plays out. I dislike both parties for differing reasons but when there is a balance at least they keep each other in check. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

if I were a conservative, a Republican, a moderate, or even just an individual that believes a representative democracy only works if there is a balance of power, what I’d really be worried about is HR1... any time you have a unilateral bill that changes the voting process, you can be sure it’s to enhance their own ability to win more elections and further the consolidation of federal power. 

Even some democrats felt it to be wrong to federalize aspects of voting. 

it’s going to be interesting how this plays out. I dislike both parties for differing reasons but when there is a balance at least they keep each other in check. 

You don't mind that 45 red states have recently introduced 250+ bills to restrict voting access, right?]

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You don't mind that 45 red states have recently introduced 250+ bills to restrict voting access, right?]

45? I do believe voting laws should be decentralized because the federal government is less representative of its constituents that the state government and so on down the line. That is the essence of a federal republic and representative democracy. 

I really do not understand why it’s so objectionable to democrats to suggest one identify themselves to have their vote tallied. Can you explain it? 

but on the same token, Republicans being so concerned about voter fraud infers they are too dumb to figure out how to commit voter fraud and ballot harvesting. 

it’s not hard, you just find a bunch of people and feed them lunch and bus them to a voting booth. Works best with homeless shelters and elderly homes. You can even fill it out for them and just have them sign it. 

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Voter suppression is the real voter fraud.

Capture.JPG

They are opposed I guess to the come vote for this guy and get a free lunch drives which I guess could be inferred as bribery. But again, I don’t know why the other party is too dumb to just do the same thing. 

But seriously who are these voters that don’t have IDs. I’d love to live life without needing one and carrying the stupid thing around all the time. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

45? I do believe voting laws should be decentralized because the federal government is less representative of its constituents that the state government and so on down the line. That is the essence of a federal republic and representative democracy. 

I really do not understand why it’s so objectionable to democrats to suggest one identify themselves to have their vote tallied. Can you explain it? 

but on the same token, Republicans being so concerned about voter fraud infers they are too dumb to figure out how to commit voter fraud and ballot harvesting. 

it’s not hard, you just find a bunch of people and feed them lunch and bus them to a voting booth. Works best with homeless shelters and elderly homes. You can even fill it out for them and just have them sign it. 

Typo with the 45 - sorry about that.

I'm not against voter id laws but I do think election laws need to be standardized. The whole process is a joke and needs to be cleaned up; including gerrymandering that benefits both sides. 

It's quite clear the GOP has an issue with attrition - they haven't won the popular vote in a presidential since GWB in 2004.  More and more people are fleeing the GOP so the response in red states are to limit how people can vote.

Republicans admit the real reason for election 'reforms' - they help Republicans win

"An attorney representing the Arizona GOP finally admitted to the Supreme Court why it wants ballot rules on the books: It's about winning."

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I'm not against voter id laws but I do think election laws need to be standardized. The whole process is a joke and needs to be cleaned up; including gerrymandering that benefits both sides. 

It's quite clear the GOP has an issue with attrition - they haven't won the popular vote in a presidential since GWB in 2004.  More and more people are fleeing the GOP so the response in red states are to limit how people can vote.

Seems like a fair take.

I attempted to read HR1.  The two things I really didn’t like was (1) a federal campaign fund match, but that matches individual donations 6 times with federal dollars (2)exposing individuals by name and contact info in a federal database for whom you donate to for all to know see and potentially influence, intimidate etc. 

there’s also an item about a path to DC statehood, allowing convicted felons to vote and this policy that if you appear in any state program or database you are registered to vote automatically unless you opt out.  On its face it’s convenient. The opposition would say this may result in non-citizens being registered. It does oddly mandate paper ballots as well. And restructuring the bipartisan federal election committee. These topics I’ve not completely thought through yet. 

As for the fraud stuff, while I think every citizen should be able to vote, if that’s being willfully abused by just one party, it just means the other party is dumb not to do the same. Republicans Shouting from their high horse about fraud need to get dirty and let’s face it, mobilize turn out and votes from the apathetic, which is what all these ID and suppression ideas are really all about. Democrats put in the work to get these votes and do a much better job. 

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Republicans admit the real reason for election 'reforms' - they help Republicans win

"An attorney representing the Arizona GOP finally admitted to the Supreme Court why it wants ballot rules on the books: It's about winning."

A fundamental requirement for any "election reform" might be to remove political parties and their interests from the discussion.  The common interest should focus on the benefits to the voters.  The way it works now is like a competitive sporting  event between two teams where the game is officiated by the manager of one of the teams.  You can't help but think there's going to be some funny business at work here.

Sadly, the entire process might boil down to an exercise in common sense where you could pick a handful of posters on the board here willing to work together in cooperation and they could come up with a sensible and valid approach to the electoral process that ensures its fair and accurate for everybody.  But politics and common sense aren't often spoken or written in the same sentence.

• Agree 1

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

A fundamental requirement for any "election reform" might be to remove political parties and their interests from the discussion.  The common interest should focus on the benefits to the voters.  The way it works now is like a competitive sporting  event between two teams where the game is officiated by the manager of one of the teams.  You can't help but think there's going to be some funny business at work here.

Sadly, the entire process might boil down to an exercise in common sense where you could pick a handful of posters on the board here willing to work together in cooperation and they could come up with a sensible and valid approach to the electoral process that ensures its fair and accurate for everybody.  But politics and common sense aren't often spoken or written in the same sentence.

The TWO party system is destroying this country.

• Agree 1