Ravens 2020

Drew21PA

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

Lock down Mark Andrews and I'm not too worried about that offense. Lamar will get his yards, just keep him under control and limit any quick strike bombs to Brown or Andrews. Our offense is more dynamic and should be able to put up more points. 

Also got to do something about Matt Judon. He had a great performance against us last year, seemed unstoppable and hit Allen a bunch of times.

Judon abused our Rookie RT last year - not sure he could do same to Darryl Williams.  But he did have a FF, 1.5 sacks and a TFL last year. 

Why do I have the feeling no matter who the Bills would have been matched up with the same people concerned about the Ravens still would have said Cleveland, Pitt, Tenn and so on would have been the worst matchup for the Bills. I don’t think the Bills should overlook anyone especially in the playoffs but the amount of fear by some fans is nauseating. How is it most of the talking sports heads have been billieving the Bills are the biggest threat to KC for the past few weeks but now Bills fans are afraid of the Ravens who barely made the playoffs 😔. Can the Ravens win? Yes, but the Bills are the better team.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

Why do I have the feeling no matter who the Bills would have been matched up with the same people concerned about the Ravens still would have said Cleveland, Pitt, Tenn and so on would have been the worst matchup for the Bills. I don’t think the Bills should overlook anyone especially in the playoffs but the amount of fear by some fans is nauseating. How is it most of the talking sports heads have been billieving the Bills are the biggest threat to KC for the past few weeks but now Bills fans are afraid of the Ravens who barely made the playoffs 😔. Can the Ravens win? Yes, but the Bills are the better team.

Yup!

If we played Cleveland/Tennessee, it would be about their power run game and ability to play action/RPO pass on us. 

If we played Pitt, there would be people saying the Steelers have found their groove and it's tough to beat a team like that 2x in one year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BITE ME said:

😂 I am guessing this post was a joke.  The Chiefs laughed at the Ravens.  Mahomes threw for 385 and 4TD's.  Jackson threw for a whopping 97 yards.  Bills will beat the Ravens in a similar fashion to the way the Chiefs beat them earlier in the year.

And Mahomes ran for a TD.  Ravens only had one offensive TD despite rushing for 158 yards on 21 carries.  Ravens got a ST KOR TD as well. 

Netting out 27 yds in sacks Lamar produced 71 yards passing Vs KC.   

If Bills D can mimic last years game this should enable Bills to get multiple drives.  Bills offensive  yards per play and points per drive in last 8 weeks should yield 30 points. Bills produced 30 points plus versus top rated D's all year.   Can't see Ravens getting more than 24 points

• Like (+1) 1

Problem with mimicking a game plan from last etc, whatever you choose to try and do, is that it just takes a few breakdowns throughout the game for Jackson to get loose and end it. A lot easier said than done. And the chances that the Bills do it twice? Probably not very good. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That is a recipe for disaster for them. Today was the first time Jackson has ever won when facing a 10 or more point deficit. If we can get off to a fast start we can really force them to be one dimensional. Titans started out well but couldn't push their lead and the Ravens came back

this is key.  We need to get a lead, and not let up.  We let up a bit against Indy, and it almost cost us. 

A few interesting notes on the game:

-The Ravens are the most blitz heavy team in the NFL at 44.1%(Miami 2nd at 40.6%, Pittsburgh 3rd at 40.3%), however, they are only 11th in pressure percentage at 24.0%(Pittsburgh 1st at 32.3%) and 20th in hurry percentage at 9.1%(Patriots 1st at 14.4%)

-The Ravens are not a great team regarding sacks with only 39, only one more than the Bills and rank 14th in the NFL. Steelers were first with 56 sacks. Bills actually have a higher sack percentage at 6.6% to Ravens 6.5%.

-The Ravens surprisingly are among the worst teams in terms of missed tackles with 135, 2nd worst in the NFL to the Raiders 147.  Bills are 6th worst in this category at 127.  Likely will be a lot of missed tackles in this game. I believe both teams rely on speed and players around the ball to make up for this.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1