This place has become overrun with idiots

nodnarb

If Parrish scores 10 TDs, will he still be a stupid pick? The bottom line is that it's stupid to draw conclusions about draft picks before they've stepped onto the fuggin field.

315795[/snapback]

Nod,

I know exactly what you mean, but I have not really seen anyone criticize the players themselves, just question if players at those particular positions were the right pick for this team, right now.

The truth is, outside maybe the first round and a half, very few of us knows much about any of these players. It is odd/exciting that the Bills picked two Miami players the first day, because most of us, if we watch college football just a little, have seen these guys play. I have no problem with the Bills picking Everett in the 3rd round. He may be a little bit of a project, but TD has seem obsessed with upgrading the TE position since his arrival in Buffalo. I think we need a playmaker type TE, that could help Losman a lot.

It is Roscoe Parrish that seems to be the puzzling pick. Yes, we will all be pleased as punch if he overcomes all of his perceived minusus at the NFL level (namely size- remember Corey Moore!), but if he doesn't, it could look like a very foolish pick. None of us need to be reminded, this is not a team coming off 3 Super Bowl championships in 4 years, not even a playoff appearence in 6 years. I still don't think it is out of line to question the wisdom of this pick. That being said, I hope he turns out to be the great contributer TD & co think he will be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nod,

I have not really seen anyone criticize the players themselves, just question if players at those particular positions were the right pick for this team, right now. 

316820[/snapback]

Let me help to clarify things for you:

The fact that day 1 of the 2005 draft for Bills fans was highlighted by the selection of two players whose COMBINED Wonderlic was only two points lower than Quasimodo scored on the same test might at the very minimum be invited as a point of conversation since we play in a division whose current champion is advertised as considering intelligence the penultimate indicator of draft desirability.

You don't have to be a fan of the drafting style of our opponents, you don't have to applaud the success of the model they are supposed to promote (especially after they also take a moron on Day 1), but under all circumstances you should realize that among others in the fan community of our favorite team SOME might find the strategy of drafting morons a bit suspect. History has proven that morons can rightfully earn MVPs, Super Bowl Rings and HOF elections, but history has also proven that studying/adopting the contemporary successes in any field will virtually always offer insight into achieving competitiveness with those contemporaries.

Let us hope our early picks become Pro Bowl Bills playing on a Super Bowl team- but even a Super Bowl win will never make them intelligent!

BTW- the string title includes "Overrun by Idiots". Those types of references to our roster do little to forward the mission of our team ;-)

This is a place for people to express their opinions about the team, what they like and what they don't like, what they hope for and what they are afraid of for the team.  It is not simply a place to pick up your pom-poms and cheer every thing that happens. 

315834[/snapback]

But it used to be, way back when, they did so with at least a vague pretense of knowing what they were talking about. Nowadays, it's just a bunch of monkeys sitting in the trees jabbering at each other and tossing feces around.

Ah, home sweet home... :devil:

But it used to be, way back when, they did so with at least a vague pretense of knowing what they were talking about.  Nowadays, it's just a bunch of monkeys sitting in the trees jabbering at each other and tossing feces around.

316994[/snapback]

Yea

If you miss the playoffs for 4 years straight and are into your second head coach, you have to expect some criticism.  I have seen successful teams, I know what they look like and so far, the Bills under TD have not been successful.  It is time for him to get it done.

315834[/snapback]

People in Buffalo have been browbeaten into the concept of low expectations. Look at who they elect to "lead" them.

:)

OH NO, WE IS ALL OUT OF TOILET PAPER! :devil::lol:

But it used to be, way back when, they did so with at least a vague pretense of knowing what they were talking about.  Nowadays, it's just a bunch of monkeys sitting in the trees jabbering at each other and tossing feces around.

Ah, home sweet home...  :)

316994[/snapback]

Wait a second, are you talking about the Bills draft war room? :devil:

You know  who you are. There are so many of you these days. You armchair GMs who think you know what you're talking about when you say that THIS pick is stupid or we should have taken THAT guy and TD is a moron and on and on and on. You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

If we had taken the two picks that Belichick took, it would be even nastier in here. You don't get it. You don't get that teams have a plan and they take the players that suit that plan. They're not looking to draft the names you see on your draft rag.

They're not going down the list you bought at the store.

You don't understand that these people watch film all year long. They form intelligent, informed opinions and gather consensus among a team of experienced scouts and personnel pros who have forgotten more football than you'll ever know.

Let the Bills carry out their plan. Instead of bitching about every thing the team does or does not do, let things unfold and try to fuggin enjoy it.

You're not in football for a reason. The people building this team are in football for a reason. Let them do their jobs, and judge the players on their performance.

315760[/snapback]

hooooooly CRAP. get over yourself. NEWSFLASH: This is a message board. If this were a tailgate party, we'd be discussing the same things; would you tell everyone who criticized the picks to shut up? I doubt it.

What's funny is I actually liked the pick, but who the hell are you to tell people that they don't know what they are talking about, and that we shouldn't criticize GMs?

Again, get over yourself.

What's funny is I actually liked the pick, but who the hell are you to tell people that they don't know what they are talking about, and that we shouldn't criticize GMs?

Again, get over yourself.

317033[/snapback]

Where in that post is there anything that can remotely indicate that it's about ME? What did you score on your HS reading comprehension tests? The point of that is for all the schitheads to wake up and realize that their opinions about which players will improve the bills and which players the bills should have taken is no more qualified than their opinion of what NASA engineers should do to improve launch efficiencies in their latest attempt at a safer perchlorate mixture.

When some of these guys start doing great things for us, I'll post some of the retarded schit that people posted about them when our pick went through. Then maybe you'll understand my point. Sorry it was so difficult to digest.

Where in that post is there anything that can remotely indicate that it's about ME? What did you score on your HS reading comprehension tests? The point of that is for all the schitheads to wake up and realize that their opinions about which players will improve the bills and which players the bills should have taken is no more qualified than their opinion of what NASA engineers should do to improve launch efficiencies in their latest attempt at a safer perchlorate mixture.

When some of these guys start doing great things for us, I'll post some of the retarded schit that people posted about them when our pick went through. Then maybe you'll understand my point. Sorry it was so difficult to digest.

317095[/snapback]

In the mean time, you can sit here through all of the schit, and your own retardedness, while TD is in YEAR 5 of the re-building plan. I would think that if he was such a genius, we'd all have cut him some more slack by now. You may be enamored and star struck by his 26-38 record......but some of us who buy season tickets are starting to get leary.

It's amazing to me, that we have, SO CALLED, not one, but TWO, of the best GM's in Donahoe and Modrak in our front office, but yet have not made the playoffs in their tenure.

The facts are adding up quickly....very quickly......that you, and many others think a little to highly of these two "football people".

In the mean time, you can sit here through all of the schit, and your own retardedness, while TD is in YEAR 5 of the re-building plan.  I would think that if he was such a genius, we'd all have cut him some more slack by now.  You may be enamored and star struck by his 26-38 record......but some of us who buy season tickets are starting to get leary.

It's amazing to me, that we have, SO CALLED, not one, but TWO, of the best GM's in Donahoe and Modrak in our front office, but yet have not made the playoffs in their tenure.

The facts are adding up quickly....very quickly......that you, and many others think a little to highly of these two "football people".

317173[/snapback]

Amen to that brother!!!

You're not in football for a reason. The people building this team are in football for a reason. Let them do their jobs, and judge the players on their performance.

315760[/snapback]

I agree with your argument, but what would you say if Kevin Gilbride was still running this offense? That guy is still in football, for no apparent reason.

nod, normally I like your opinion. But you're dead wrong on this. The NFL is all about RESULTS. What have the results been for the past 5 years for the "pros"?

Answer...a sub-.500 record, ZERO playoff appearances and an offensive line that's no better than it was when John Butler left.

If you ask me, that's not a good thing. But hey, I'll take your and others' insults with a grain of salt. Why? Because I have a pretty good feeling that in the end, Tom Donohoe's philosophy of building a team will prove me right.

In the mean time, you can sit here through all of the schit, and your own retardedness, while TD is in YEAR 5 of the re-building plan.  I would think that if he was such a genius, we'd all have cut him some more slack by now.  You may be enamored and star struck by his 26-38 record......but some of us who buy season tickets are starting to get leary.

317173[/snapback]

How dare you suggest that the success of our GM be measured in wins rather than whether he has overpaid for any players? Blasphemy I tell you, BLASPHEMY :(

I will praise TD and give him all the credit he deserves, just as soon as we make it deep into the playoffs.  Just making the playoffs is step one, but he hasn't even accomplished that yet. 

This board is for opinions, good or bad.  No need to call people idiots for posting what they feel.

316435[/snapback]

Rayzer, you da' man. (and nice thong photo). You say exactly what I say. Nuff said.

You know  who you are. There are so many of you these days. You armchair GMs who think you know what you're talking about when you say that THIS pick is stupid or we should have taken THAT guy and TD is a moron and on and on and on. You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

If we had taken the two picks that Belichick took, it would be even nastier in here. You don't get it. You don't get that teams have a plan and they take the players that suit that plan. They're not looking to draft the names you see on your draft rag.

They're not going down the list you bought at the store.

You don't understand that these people watch film all year long. They form intelligent, informed opinions and gather consensus among a team of experienced scouts and personnel pros who have forgotten more football than you'll ever know.

Let the Bills carry out their plan. Instead of bitching about every thing the team does or does not do, let things unfold and try to fuggin enjoy it.

315760[/snapback]

well said . you would think that some people around here was in line for toms job . . but hell that what's fun about this place , everyone is a pro .. thousands of members and thousands of experts that realy know sh-- .