This place has become overrun with idiots

nodnarb

Draft Day is like New Year's Eve.

It's amatuer night. All the fools come out to make what amounts to a LAMP.

Why be so defensive about TD & Co. if you think the criticism isn't justified (as much of it probably isn't) then ignore it. But if your discontent is rooted in your own disappointment in their picks, then just exactly what does that say? :D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know  who you are. There are so many of you these days. You armchair GMs who think you know what you're talking about when you say that THIS pick is stupid or we should have taken THAT guy and TD is a moron and on and on and on. You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

315760[/snapback]

Excellent post and you have an even better Avator! We found our old game stored in the attic last week. After the batteries were installed - it fired up after 15 years! Ah the good old days...

You know  who you are. There are so many of you these days. You armchair GMs who think you know what you're talking about when you say that THIS pick is stupid or we should have taken THAT guy and TD is a moron and on and on and on. You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

If we had taken the two picks that Belichick took, it would be even nastier in here. You don't get it. You don't get that teams have a plan and they take the players that suit that plan. They're not looking to draft the names you see on your draft rag.

They're not going down the list you bought at the store.

You don't understand that these people watch film all year long. They form intelligent, informed opinions and gather consensus among a team of experienced scouts and personnel pros who have forgotten more football than you'll ever know.

Let the Bills carry out their plan. Instead of bitching about every thing the team does or does not do, let things unfold and try to fuggin enjoy it.

You're not in football for a reason. The people building this team are in football for a reason. Let them do their jobs, and judge the players on their performance.

315760[/snapback]

On draft day, at TBD, the only thing more sure than complaints about the draft are complaints about complaints about the draft from folks who don't have an informed opinion and resent those of others.

Posts like yours above make less sense than any personnel opinionated posts. What is your objective? People talk football here. "Let the Bills carry out their plan". Was there an alternative?

Donahoe has made his share of bad decisions, and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion on a move BEFORE it bears out. You have opinions on current Bills players, I've seen your posts, what makes you qualified to judge THOSE players?

Nod, generally I agree with you, but some of your arguments are a little silly...are you related to TD in some way?  You say people shoudn't criticize the Bills draft, but then cast aspersions that the Patriots had a bad draft.  I like TD, but his record is not even in the same ballpark as Bellichek and Pioli's. 

Like you said yourself, teams draft with a plan in mind, plans that we as fans might not always be privy to. But to suggest that anyone who questions them, or criticizes them, or wonders out loud wtf they are doing, is idiotic.  This is a spectator sport.  The NFL allows the draft to be aired for a reason...they want to keep fans interested in the leauge.  Why take such great offense with other fans if they don't agree with your "never question the king" dogma....I have been a Bills fan for nearly 40 years, and sometimes questioning the men in charge is a hell of a lot more entertaining than the product on the field. 

In my life as a Bills fan, the folks in charge at One Bills Drive have never given me cause to feel like they have it all figured out.

315791[/snapback]

amen.

If we had taken the two picks that Belichick took, it would be even nastier in here. You don't get it. You don't get that teams have a plan and they take the players that suit that plan. They're not looking to draft the names you see on your draft rag.

You don't understand that these people watch film all year long. They form intelligent, informed opinions and gather consensus among a team of experienced scouts and personnel pros who have forgotten more football than you'll ever know.

Let the Bills carry out their plan. Instead of bitching about every thing the team does or does not do, let things unfold and try to fuggin enjoy it.

You're not in football for a reason. The people building this team are in football for a reason. Let them do their jobs, and judge the players on their performance.

315760[/snapback]

And you're just discovering this?

In the last week or so, I've noticed a lot of posters showing up and having 10, 20, 30 posts and they reason and spell like 3rd graders....

Could it be that the igmos over at the BB.com board are coming here to bog down the content? I wouldn't be surprised, if you've ever spent any time there. Anywho, having them go through registration just encourages these asshats to come back and cause trouble b/c they have that golden ticket that is a registration.

Question: To offset this, might it be prudent to open it up to unregistered posting (only as responders) just for the weekend? or until Monday night? Encourage the hipsters to just do their schpiel and then move along.

Nod,

I agree 100%.

Just because I read about 5 different guides, watch a little film & write a short report doesn't put me anywhere in the real guys league and I know it.

To put things in perspective, I do it so that I can enjoy the draft and follow players on my board and give a little information to some of my friends who know nothing about the draft.

There's no way I can debate most picks because most players in the draft I haven't seen & even if I have, I wouldn't know how to properly evaluate them.

About the only time I feel I'd have a legitimate complaint is if the team took one of the guys who raped someone, or is totally out of control off the field, like a Cecil Collins, who predictably ended up in jail.

The other 20% are telling the 80% that every pick is a great pick and TD can do no wrong. Henry is still a Buffalo Bill. They took a WR they didn't need. TE was a need so that's not horrible. I'll see what the Bills do today before I start sizing up bridges to jump from but Day One was nothing spectacular.

I know, let's limit the Wall to only "established and respected" posters, i.e., those who have 5000 or more posts! If only we had done that five years ago! No, wait, maybe that wouldn't have worked.

I think he took offense to the shot at nodnarb because ans4e64 told him if he doesn't like it then leave. Nodnarb was here long before the newb and over the years has had well reasoned posts. I don't always agree with him but at least he backs up his statements with reasoning. He did ask for it based on the title of this post though.

Nod,

I agree 100%. 

Just because I read about 5 different guides, watch a little film & write a short report doesn't put me anywhere in the real guys league and I know it.

To put things in perspective, I do it so that I can enjoy the draft and follow players on my board and give a little information to some of my friends who know nothing about the draft. 

There's no way I can debate most picks because most players in the draft I haven't seen & even if I have, I wouldn't know how to properly evaluate them.

About the only time I feel I'd have a legitimate complaint is if the team took one of the guys who raped someone, or is totally out of control off the field, like a Cecil Collins, who predictably ended up in jail.

315981[/snapback]

Man, you are a trip. You write this long, know-it-all draft guide, talk about watching "film" like you're holed-up in a room with a projector and a notepad and now you're talking about how totally unqualified you are.

Need we be reminded that football is not rocket science. If these evaluators are so good, then why do so many picks fail? It's not an exact science, and the chain of promotion for a lot of these scouts is rather comical. One minute they're teaching phys ed in HS or working in the ticket office, the next they're on the road making evaluations that affect the future of an NFL team.

Why is it like this? Why aren't the scouting ranks filled exclusively with former NFL players who presumably know what it takes to play the game? It comes down to the old belief about having an eye for talent. There's no real accounting for it. Yeah, these scouts are taught to look for certain things, but for the most part that's just a process of quantifying things they already know they are seeing.

Do these guys see a lot more of these players? Sure. But I believe in paralysis by overanalysis, and I think most scouts and GM's often say they tend to be better off making decisions about players earlier in the process. Background checks, physicals and interviews are important and these are areas the fans don't NECESSARILY have privvy to, but otherwise, the entire postseason evaluation process is almost like a competition between staffs to make sure they don't look like they are getting outworked and to justify employment.

The point of this all is that practically anyone can make educated assessments on these players simply by WATCHING THEM PLAY. The nonsense about the Phd's at OBD being the only ones qualified to have an opinion is just that.

I also agree with nodnarb.

You guys want to knock TD, he knows what he is doing. You are the same people that knocked the McGahee pick, and now look at McGahee.

How bout TD looking like a genius for getting Losman last year? Losman could have very well been the first pick in this draft had a played another year of college football.

Our tight ends arent that good, so I like the pick of Everett. And lets think about Parish, he could be a great slot reciever until Moulds declines(which will prolly be within the next 2-3 years), and then he could become our #2 behind Evans.

All I got to say is, I am giving TD the benefit of the doubt, and look forward to the picks being made today.

And there certainly are some interesting guys left in the 4th (and beyond), especially some OL suitable for an OL coach that likes late pick type players.

315810[/snapback]

Day 2 of the Draft is find the "Diamond in the Rough Day". I like diamonds. :rolleyes:

Might as well stay positive and hope for the best and enjoy this instead of posing as informed scouts who know their ass from a hole in the ground.

315780[/snapback]

A) I'll continue to hope because I have no actual achievement to hang my hat on. Yes, Mularkey has taken steps since the woeful Williams era, but with a 1st QB, it's hard to imagine doing BETTER than last year.

B) People who insult others for thier opinion never make sense to me. If you love TD that's fine. That I dislike what he has done is my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

I was VERY excited when we made the change from Butler to Donahoe. I was sold on his enthusiasm over hiring Williams at the time and was ready to see this team win a Super Bowl. Unfortunately my expectations have not been met. More importantly, he has not done much IN MY OPINION to warrant much additional enthusiasm for the coming year.

I will HOPE once again for an improved season and a chance to compete for the big silver trophy (hey, the RAMS have one after sucking for years), but at this point MY OPINION will be much like many people who do work in pro football that do not believe the Bills have what it takes either.

I also agree with nodnarb.

You guys want to knock TD, he knows what he is doing. You are the same people that knocked the McGahee pick, and now look at McGahee.

316139[/snapback]

Maybe they are the same people who knocked the hiring of Gregg Williams or the drafting of Josh Reed, Coy Wire, Ryan Denney and so on. Not to say TD didn't "know" what he was doing, but I think it sure didn't work out like he planned. Or is it all part of the big picture to use the early rounds to load up on reserves? Not to attack the half-interested neutral crowd, but I just don't care for bullsh*t and I will call it out.

315760[/snapback]

Oh gimmie a fuggin break. This is about the most retarded, rah rah crap I've read yet.

If people want to criticze picks, so be it. I haven't said a word. But the constant rally around TD is sickening. I'm losing patience with TD. It's weird, because for some reason I think he is doing OK, but he really hasn't done jack since he's been here.

And don't give me this cap jail BS, and this and that. He pretty much has nothing to show for his years here period. He has gone the draft route, and he has gone the free agent route. And really, we have nothing to show for it, when other teams have gone through the same things we have and have succeeded.

This, we aren't football people is just plain stupid. You all try to make football out to be some kind of brain surgery. It isn't. I had the priveledge to work around the NFL for about 4 years, and I can tell you, there are alot of idiots around the league.

How have the "football people" in Arizona, Cincy, and New Orleans done over the years?

I actually like the people we drafted yesterday, because I like offense. But, to keep giving TD all these excuses, is getting plain stupid. He's done nothing but assemble some on paper talent, that hasn't beat any good teams yet.

And when "non-football" people point this out, the pro TD people can only counter with RAH RAH RAH crap. You know, the kind of crap that has no facts to back up supporting TD.

Every team has drafted young stars as equal in talent to McGahee and Evans, whether they are in the same positions or others. We, haven't even made the playoffs under TD.

But hey, he's changed the field, the uniforms, and the front office. I"m really starting to miss the days BEFORE he got here. He gets one more year from me and that's it!

315760[/snapback]

26 - 38

See you next season, year SIX of the rebuilding plan.

I will praise TD and give him all the credit he deserves, just as soon as we make it deep into the playoffs. Just making the playoffs is step one, but he hasn't even accomplished that yet. Winning is the bottom line, not drafting this guy with "warp speed". For every great pick TD has made, he has made just as many wasted picks. I've been waiting for a dominant DE since Bruce left. Every year we draft the best athlete available, instead of a need player, the rest of the team is getting one year older and one year closer to FA. Our D is ready now, our O-line is not. As soon as the O-line becomes dominant, the D may be a train wreck.

This board is for opinions, good or bad. No need to call people idiots for posting what they feel.