This place has become overrun with idiots

nodnarb

You know who you are. There are so many of you these days. You armchair GMs who think you know what you're talking about when you say that THIS pick is stupid or we should have taken THAT guy and TD is a moron and on and on and on. You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

If we had taken the two picks that Belichick took, it would be even nastier in here. You don't get it. You don't get that teams have a plan and they take the players that suit that plan. They're not looking to draft the names you see on your draft rag.

They're not going down the list you bought at the store.

You don't understand that these people watch film all year long. They form intelligent, informed opinions and gather consensus among a team of experienced scouts and personnel pros who have forgotten more football than you'll ever know.

Let the Bills carry out their plan. Instead of bitching about every thing the team does or does not do, let things unfold and try to fuggin enjoy it.

You're not in football for a reason. The people building this team are in football for a reason. Let them do their jobs, and judge the players on their performance.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

315760[/snapback]

I think most of them ARE high school punks

You know  who you are. There are so many of you these days. You armchair GMs who think you know what you're talking about when you say that THIS pick is stupid or we should have taken THAT guy and TD is a moron and on and on and on. You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

If we had taken the two picks that Belichick took, it would be even nastier in here. You don't get it. You don't get that teams have a plan and they take the players that suit that plan. They're not looking to draft the names you see on your draft rag.

You don't understand that these people watch film all year long. They form intelligent, informed opinions and gather consensus among a team of experienced scouts and personnel pros who have forgotten more football than you'll ever know.

Let the Bills carry out their plan. Instead of bitching about every thing the team does or does not do, let things unfold and try to fuggin enjoy it.

You're not in football for a reason. The people building this team are in football for a reason. Let them do their jobs, and judge the players on their performance.

315760[/snapback]

Oh, quit being so rational...are you trying to make yourself a target? :w00t::D

Hey Nodnarb,

I was thinking that all night long after those picks. Too me, its simple. Mularkey and Donahoe decided they could not win with Bledsoe and the Ball Control offense. That is the main reason Drew is gone. Lets face it. Mularkey was brought in here because he was a creative offensive mind who will run a CREATIVE offense capable of attacking from ANY position. We could not do that with Drew. So once the decision is made to go with JP. Then the decision is made to open up the offense. Attack from all areas. Combine this strategy with the fact that our pass offense was 27th in the league, and I think these picks make sense...

I see a couple of day 2 lineman, a DB and a RB (if we deal TH)to complete the draft. No deal for TH and we take another lineman tommorrow.

You know  who you are. There are so many of you these days. You armchair GMs who think you know what you're talking about when you say that THIS pick is stupid or we should have taken THAT guy and TD is a moron and on and on and on. You act like high school punks who had magazine clippings of your favorite players and you're jilted because the Bills didn't take "your guys".

315760[/snapback]

Yes, TD, TM the scouts are far more informed that any of us fans are. I want Roscoe Parrish to be a player and I want Kevin Everett to be a player. The fact that these guys are far more informed than us fans does not mean they don't make major mistakes. For example, I think you may grant that TD made a mistake in Pittsburgh when he drafted Troy Edwards. As fans I think we should be there to criticsize when they do screw up on players like Troy Edwards.Having said that TD probably does things we are not capable of such as picking players like Hines Ward, Darren Perrey and Joey Porter.

315760[/snapback]

Can i get a Hallelujah?

My issue is 4 years and no playoffs. It's all about scoreboard. The fans have passion and the GM is the executor of the business end. He is certainly smarter than me in such matters, but he has not outperformed his peers since his arrival.

THAT is the bottom line.

For example, I think you may grant that TD made a mistake in Pittsburgh when he drafted Troy Edwards. As fans I think we should be there to criticsize when they do screw up on players like Troy Edwards.Having said that TD probably does things we are not capable of such as picking players like Hines Ward, Darren Perrey and Joey Porter.

315770[/snapback]

But you don't know what was going on behind the scenes when the steelers took him. What we do know is that Cowher was trying to usurp Donahoe's draft process and veto players their personnel process had filtered out. In other words, Edwards might have been a Cowher pick, not a Donahoe pick. The main reason that GM Rooney had to make a choice between Donahoe and Cowher is that Cowher wanted more power over personnel and was making choices over the heads of his own personnel team. Cowher was the face of the steelers and Donahoe was the behind the scenes guy, so Rooney made the easy choice and gave Cowher control.

The point is, YOU DON"T KNOW. So why try to draw conclusions as facts, when you know nothing about the CONTEXT of those old picks.

Most teams had a late first, high second round grade on Josh Reed. Some players don't pan out because of psychology, distractions, lost passion, you name it. It happens to every team, every personnel staff, and nobody is exempt. Josh didn't pan out because Josh lost his self confidence and ability to play the game unfettered by worry. He showed none of that in college.

I could go on, but what's the point?

My issue is 4 years and no playoffs.  It's all about scoreboard.  The fans have passion and the GM is the executor of the business end.  He is certainly smarter than me in such matters, but he has not outperformed his peers since his arrival.

THAT is the bottom line.

315776[/snapback]

Yes, it is the bottom line. This is true. Donahoe, like all GMs and all personnel staffs, has whiffed on a few choices. Most notably, Gregg Williams as head coach and Drew Bledsoe as savior QB. Neither of those guys could get it done.

There's nothing anyone can do about the past. Judge the NEW team that Mularkey is assembling based on their performance to date. Under MM, we have a winning record so far and good things are coming. They know what they're looking for.

Let it happen, cuz there's nothing anyone here can do about it. Might as well stay positive and hope for the best and enjoy this instead of posing as informed scouts who know their ass from a hole in the ground.

315760[/snapback]

Nod, generally I agree with you, but some of your arguments are a little silly...are you related to TD in some way? You say people shoudn't criticize the Bills draft, but then cast aspersions that the Patriots had a bad draft. I like TD, but his record is not even in the same ballpark as Bellichek and Pioli's.

Like you said yourself, teams draft with a plan in mind, plans that we as fans might not always be privy to. But to suggest that anyone who questions them, or criticizes them, or wonders out loud wtf they are doing, is idiotic. This is a spectator sport. The NFL allows the draft to be aired for a reason...they want to keep fans interested in the leauge. Why take such great offense with other fans if they don't agree with your "never question the king" dogma....I have been a Bills fan for nearly 40 years, and sometimes questioning the men in charge is a hell of a lot more entertaining than the product on the field.

In my life as a Bills fan, the folks in charge at One Bills Drive have never given me cause to feel like they have it all figured out.

315760[/snapback]

hey nobhead, first of all this is a forum for people who know nothing and like to B word so if you dont like it then get the hell out, why do you read threads in a forum like this and then get mad?

Back to your quote, these guys do their jobs great right? and they know what they're talking about right? I have a few names for you...... Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Ki-jana Carter, Blair Thomas...... and so on, yeah they really are great at what they do. you act like GM's cant make mistakes and that people in this forum know nothing.

You say people shoudn't criticize the Bills draft, but then cast aspersions that the Patriots had a bad draft.

315791[/snapback]

You misunderstood the context of my statement. I wouldn't ever doubt the selections of the patriots. Every year they take names that aren't on any sheet, and every year they outplay half the league at their position. What I was saying is that if the Bills had taken some of the players that the Pats selected, the reaction would be even worse, because they draft so many players that are under the radar, which doesn't satisfy the idiots.

The Bills took Parrish and about five people went ballistic about how stupid a pick it was. People say these things because they have names in their head that they hope they hear, and when they don't hear them, they go nuts.

If Parrish scores 10 TDs, will he still be a stupid pick? The bottom line is that it's stupid to draw conclusions about draft picks before they've stepped onto the fuggin field.

hey nobhead, first of all this is a forum for people who know nothing and like to B word so if you dont like it then get the hell out, why do you read threads in a forum like this and then get mad?

Back to your quote, these guys do their jobs great right? and they know what they're talking about right? I have a few names for you...... Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Cade McNown, Ki-jana Carter, Blair Thomas...... and so on, yeah they really are great at what they do. you act like GM's cant make mistakes and that people in this forum know nothing.

315793[/snapback]

Dear Idiot:

If you had any clue about the draft, you would realize that hindsight is not part of the equation. The players you listed were all highly rated in their respective draft years because they were highly successful and/or dominant college players. Whether or not a player translates into a successful NFL player is based on many factors, all of which may become clear using hindsight, but none of which are apparent when the pick is made. Get a friggin clue before you talk sh*t to an established and respected poster, noob.

I've got to say, there are some very solid players still around in the 4th. Guys like Ben Wilkerson, Jason Brown and a guy who I really like, Antonio Perkins from Oklahoma. Not to mention Michael Munoz, who could be an excellent pick-up as our 4th rounder.

Its funny, I purposely stayed away from The Wall for Draft Day, thinking that people would be pretty happy with the picks. How wrong I was.

I've got to say, there are some very solid players still around in the 4th.  Guys like Ben Wilkerson, Jason Brown and a guy who I really like, Antonio Perkins from Oklahoma.  Not to mention Michael Munoz, who could be an excellent pick-up as our 4th rounder.

Its funny, I purposely stayed away from The Wall for Draft Day, thinking that people would be pretty happy with the picks.  How wrong I was.

315800[/snapback]

Pretty happy?

Some of the "teen punks" are ready to jump off the friggin' Skyway.

I know this is a place where the uninformed can have a voice, but some of these guys come so unhinged that it gets pathetic.

And there certainly are some interesting guys left in the 4th (and beyond), especially some OL suitable for an OL coach that likes late pick type players.

315760[/snapback]

This is a place for people to express their opinions about the team, what they like and what they don't like, what they hope for and what they are afraid of for the team. It is not simply a place to pick up your pom-poms and cheer every thing that happens.

Rather than simply complain about people complaining, in might be more effective to point out that they are wrong. In this case for exmple, it would mean demonstrating how having two Freddie Smiths on the roster is more important than having a starting left tackle.

As far as carrying out their plan, what plan would that be? Would it be the "hire Gregg Williams plan?" Or maybe "the Bledsoe plan?" How about the "miss the playoffs four years in a row plan?"

If you miss the playoffs for 4 years straight and are into your second head coach, you have to expect some criticism. I have seen successful teams, I know what they look like and so far, the Bills under TD have not been successful. It is time for him to get it done.

Pretty happy?

Some of the "teen punks" are ready to jump off the friggin' Skyway.

I know this is a place where the uninformed can have a voice, but some of these guys come so unhinged that it gets pathetic.

And there certainly are some interesting guys left in the 4th (and beyond), especially some OL suitable for an OL coach that likes late pick type players.

315810[/snapback]

Not everyone who is critical of this draft so far is "unhinged". There is a legitimate argument to be made that having two Freddie Smith's on the roster maybe wasn't as important as getting some OL help. What I find funny is that by far the consensus on this board was that we needed to get a LT, a DT and a CB and also that TD was going to pull off some brilliant move with Henry. Well, none of that happened yet the same people who who talked that talk are gushing about getting a smurf and having Henry stew on the bench all year. If anyone had suggested a week ago that our number one priority was to get a Santana Moss clone WR, they would have been run off the board by the same prisses who are postively rhapsodic over the pick now.

nodnarb,

Yes, I can understand your frustration. None of us here are GMs. You would not want me to be your doctor because I watched ER on television once.

I can also understand someone not liking day 1, especially the Parrish pick.

Remember, it was MM who rode into town with cries of "smashmouth." I dont know if Parrish is good or bad, but he is certainly not the kind of player I wanted. At least not yet.

Mickey,

Well said. I am certainly not "unhinged," yet I wish that TD would have gone in another direction.

Why the Bills organization does not care to allocate draft picks in early rounds to blockers I do not know, especially with a potentially great running back and a qb who is but a kid. Then when they do so, we wind up with a 9 million dollar thorn in our side at RT.

I think that I cut TD a little more slack than do you. I take into account the mess that he inherited, and the fact that RW does not have Paul Allens' money. That said, I dont think that he has placed enough emphasis on blocking, and I dont see the team reaching the next level until he does.

Dear Idiot:

If you had any clue about the draft, you would realize that hindsight is not part of the equation. The players you listed were all highly rated in their respective draft years because they were highly successful and/or dominant college players. Whether or not a player translates into a successful NFL player is based on many factors, all of which may become clear using hindsight, but none of which are apparent when the pick is made. Get a friggin clue before you talk sh*t to an established and respected poster, noob.

315799[/snapback]

I know, let's limit the Wall to only "established and respected" posters, i.e., those who have 5000 or more posts! If only we had done that five years ago! No, wait, maybe that wouldn't have worked.

While I must agree with the sentiments of the guru who started this thread, referring to other members as "idiots" from the outset maybe wasn't the best way to lead it off. It was pretty certain to set the tone for what followed.

Here's to a successful Day Two (that is bound to leave 75% unhappy).