Josh Allen named AFC Offensive Player of the Week and Fed Ex Air POW

YoloinOhio

13 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I understand that, however, if I recall correctly - and I could be way off base here - but I believe when Goodell and the other owners approved the Pegula's purchase of the Bills, one of the caveats was that a new stadium needed to be built within the leasing time frame. Yes, COVID has altered the financing options, but I don't think they'll lose any of the leverage from the NFL owners or Goodell. To that end, I don't think the domed stadium is soooo significantly different from an open air stadium that it would be cost prohibitive.

And, yes it sits empty - but like other domes, there are other uses of the dome during the Off-season and if they do it right, they can have a portion of it open to fans year round with stores and fan venues to bring people in....so, it's not a total waste of space. 

You are off base. Goodell repeatedly has said a new stadium isn't a requirement but they need to at least update the current stadium to remain competitive.

11 hours ago, ganesh said:

He just had 359 yards with 4 TDs in  Cold, blustery weather in Denver

Huh? It wasn't cold or blustery. The players were standing on the sidelines in short sleeves most of the game. Maybe towards the end they put on the coats but most of the game wasn't cold at all. Temps were near 50 and it was sunny.

4 hours ago, Doc said:

The shoulder injury affected him.

Shoulder injury and the way Tennessee and KC played him dropping a bunch of people into coverage.

His shredding of the same type of defense against the 49ers and Broncos shows that probably won't be effective anymore.

Allen's ability to learn so quickly and then defeat what teams try to do against him this year has been astounding.

Blitz him and you get shredded. Drop into coverage you get shredded. Play man and get shredded and give him huge running lanes. Play zone and he picks you apart. 

There is literally not much of anything that works well against us. Even Pittsburgh had no answers once we made some adjustments towards the end of the first half and into the second half.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

Shoulder injury and the way Tennessee and KC played him dropping a bunch of people into coverage.

His shredding of the same type of defense against the 49ers and Broncos shows that probably won't be effective anymore.

I'd like to think that the jerking-around of the Bills played a part as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You are right, we wil disagree.

I am from Buffalo and I hate to say it but Buffalo is no Indy or Minnesota.  Just a fact of life.  Compare the number of hotel rooms in both metro areas and I am pretty confident Buffalo will be a fraction of what both cities have.

And yes Covid will be overcome but  the days of large shopping malls and stadiums has passed.  Technology is what is going to limit the building of huge stadiums.  

You can either accept change is inevitable or just keep pretending everything will go back to the way it was.  

Buffalo is incapable of hosting a Super Bowl given the reality of how they’re awarded.  That said, it’s ridiculous that marketability determines who hosts.  The league is hyper focused on creating level playing fields and then completely abandoned that ideal when it comes to the Super Bowl.

10 hours ago, Billl said:

Buffalo is incapable of hosting a Super Bowl given the reality of how they’re awarded.  That said, it’s ridiculous that marketability determines who hosts.  The league is hyper focused on creating level playing fields and then completely abandoned that ideal when it comes to the Super Bowl.

You make valid points.

Reality is the Super Bowl is no longer just a game. it is a mutli day money grab spectacle.

11 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You are off base. Goodell repeatedly has said a new stadium isn't a requirement but they need to at least update the current stadium to remain competitive.

Huh? It wasn't cold or blustery. The players were standing on the sidelines in short sleeves most of the game. Maybe towards the end they put on the coats but most of the game wasn't cold at all. Temps were near 50 and it was sunny.

I know Goodell has back-pedaled a bit, but his truest intentions were stated in 2014 and has had overtures of this message since then:

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2014/05/roger_goodell_says_buffalo_bills_need_a_new_stadium_to_ensure_future_in_new_york.html

34 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I know Goodell has back-pedaled a bit, but his truest intentions were stated in 2014 and has had overtures of this message since then:

https://www.syracuse.com/sports/2014/05/roger_goodell_says_buffalo_bills_need_a_new_stadium_to_ensure_future_in_new_york.html

He can't force an owner to do anything and the Pegula's are very highly respected in league circles so I doubt the other owners would try to force them to do something

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You make valid points.

Reality is the Super Bowl is no longer just a game. it is a mutli day money grab spectacle.

I think it is marketed as an entertainment event. Let us not put any other words around it.