Run the table and the #2 seed in the AFC is in play

It is really unfortunate that the 2 seed no longer gaurantees a bye week. The Bills just need to worry about winning the division, the Bills kept up with Miami the past two weeks when Miami hit two soft games. Now both the Bills and Miami run into two thought matchups but I do think the Bills run into the slightly better matchup here. 

Hopefully The Bills can beat The Steelers and get to 10 wins and Miami loses to KC and gets to 5 losses, that would effectively make it so the Bills can clinch with a win over NE or a win over Denver and a Miami loss.

Either way let's see where the Bills stack up against the Steelers.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:30 AM, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Suddenly I'm not sure that I'm rooting for the Chiefs to beat the Dolphins.  

BTW, am I sick that I now maybe want the Pats to be 8-6 when we play them?!

Seriously, don't you really want to simply crush their playoff dreams, on their home field, while winning the division (should the Bills be in that spot, no matter what, if they get there and they are 11-3), all in one swoop?!  

If not, well...I'll leave it up to the words of the late, great John Colicos as Koloth in Star Trek.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I actually think it might hurt them a bit.... if they were playing in a dome I'd say it absolutely helps, but given their offense that is a great passing offense and struggles to run the ball plus no home crowd, a home game in a potentially terrible winter day in Buffalo with no fans has an opposite effect for the team, IMO.

It will be great to see them win the division. Unfortunately not having fans really hurts. 

Yes! It’s now to the players to tear down the goalposts! Maybe get the horse police to lasso it and drag it down. The players can afford to replace them and it’ll be Must See TV!

I think a lot of people are riding the highs of this Glendale 49ers game. 

The Chiefs simply need to beat the Dolphins. If the Bills lose to Pitt, could you imagine what this board will be like coupled with a Miami win? The board would go from, hey the Bills could be #1 to counting all the ways how the Bills don't make the playoffs. 

Let's look at this rationally. Please note these scenarios are based on teams having to play week 17 with their starters, NOT resting people.

KC has Miami, Saints, Falcons, San Diego. I know it's possible but how many people are willing to bet the Chiefs go 1-3 in this stretch and the Bills go 4-0? KC needs to beat Miami.

Pitt has Buf, Cin, Ind, Cle. Pretty tough stretch. However if Pitt were to beat Buffalo, Buffalo cannot jump past Pitt and could only jump KC if go 0-4.

I'll admit I'm losing steam looking at everything, so I'll sum it up. #1 seed would be really cool, however a lot of things need to happen that Buffalo can't control even if they go 13-3.

The higher the seed the Bills get the better, sure. The goal I think any Bills fan should hope for is not having to play Kansas City in the second round. Let someone else beat them and beat that team in the AFC Championship. That is we are in agreement that KC is the toughest team in the AFC? 

Last thing, home field advantage is not going to be as big of a deal as it would be any other season. In fact, playing an away game isn't so bad either.

Think of it this way, would you rather play the Titans in Buffalo with BAD weather conditions, that hinders a passing game and the advantage goes to a running team or play in TN in 60 degree weather with JA slinging it everywhere. Same to be said, bad weather in Buffalo or cozy dome in Indy?