Josh Allen injury?

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Nobody here wants to admit it. He  injured his ankle and knee last week. There's no way he got out of that play unscathed.  He was running on full adrenaline rest of the game. I'm not surprised if his ankle and knee has swollen up to a size of a volleyball. 

I'm not sure what site you're reading.  It's been discussed in the game, postgame, this thread, SF49ers thread.  Links to the pic, links to Bangedup Bills tweets and blog posts on the topic, photos of him wearing a knee brace in the 2nd half.  Quotes of an Allen interview on the Pat Mcaffee show where he flat out said "I'm in too much pain for my age and this stage of my career"

Not only do plenty of us admit it, we've been talking and posting and linking to articles and blogs about it.

Doubt if his ankle and knee have swollen that much.  Even lay people like myself can treat a pretty badly sprained ankle or knee so that the swelling is minimal...gimme bags of ice, a cooler large enough to hold the appendage in question, a tube of arnica gel, a bottle of naproxen, some compression bandages, a lymph massage chart, and 2 hrs of your time am and pm then sleeping with it elevated, and I'll make it so for grade 2 or below - BTDT as a sport parent, believe me.  Give the man an actual professional training staff armed with the latest in ultrasound and infrared and what-all-else and I'm sure they do better. 

Even if it did swell some, it's probably gone down by now.

Doesn't mean he's feeling too good when he tries to use it.  He probably has a pretty strong tape job on his ankle and  a compression sleeve with a brace on his knee.

15 hours ago, Meatloaf63 said:

When he was here, a lot were impressed by his package🧐

I think that was a different Webb.  Joe Webb, not Davis

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm not sure what site you're reading.  It's been discussed in the game, postgame, this thread, SF49ers thread.  Links to the pic, links to Bangedup Bills tweets and blog posts on the topic, photos of him wearing a knee brace in the 2nd half.  Quotes of an Allen interview on the Pat Mcaffee show where he flat out said "I'm in too much pain for my age and this stage of my career"

Not only do plenty of us admit it, we've been talking and posting and linking to articles and blogs about it.

Doubt if his ankle and knee have swollen that much.  Even lay people like myself can treat a pretty badly sprained ankle or knee so that the swelling is minimal...gimme bags of ice, a cooler large enough to hold the appendage in question, a tube of arnica gel, a bottle of naproxen, some compression bandages, a lymph massage chart, and 2 hrs of your time am and pm then sleeping with it elevated, and I'll make it so for grade 2 or below - BTDT as a sport parent, believe me.  Give the man an actual professional training staff armed with the latest in ultrasound and infrared and what-all-else and I'm sure they do better. 

Even if it did swell some, it's probably gone down by now.

Doesn't mean he's feeling too good when he tries to use it.  He probably has a pretty strong tape job on his ankle and  a compression sleeve with a brace on his knee.

I think that was a different Webb.  Joe Webb, not Davis

Your right🤦🏼 But people err impressed LOL...

16 hours ago, Augie said:

What?

Did you personally survey ladies on the bar scene? 

Wrong Webb my memory failed me it was a running joke back in the day...

On 12/4/2020 at 9:49 AM, CLTbills said:

Honestly, I'd love that, but with what it would cost, it's impossible.

With the same coaching that Allen receives, he'd be a hell of a backup.

They’re good friends too, Josh would likely be happy to compare notes and coach him up a bit himself. 

6 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

They’re good friends too, Josh would likely be happy to compare notes and coach him up a bit himself. 

I think they're able to be good friends BECAUSE they are on different teams, not competing directly to start.

Darnold I'm sure still believes in himself as a potential starter and would like to go somewhere there's a chance to compete

Banged up injury report for 49ers is up

https://bangedupbills.com/

QB Josh Allen (Right knee/ankle)

Allen has practiced in full this week despite dealing with a minor knee and ankle sprain from the result of a Joey Bosa tackle. Fortunately, he did not suffer worse damage despite how rough the injury originally looked. For more details, check out my article from Tuesday that breaks down why he is also dealing with a knee injury on top of the ankle injury. 

Thankfully he can play through a likely minor MCL sprain with bracing and with an effective tape job he can manage the ankle sprain he’s dealing with to play against the 49ers. He may be limited with running but it doesn’t mean that he won’t be mobile. 

I have to say, having had a grade 1-2 MCL sprain myself my jaw dropped at the way he cut and at his speed on his TD run after the injury.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they're able to be good friends BECAUSE they are on different teams, not competing directly to start.

Darnold I'm sure still believes in himself as a potential starter and would like to go somewhere there's a chance to compete

I think it would work. I think Darnold would know he is #2 but a snap away.

On 12/6/2020 at 11:47 AM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Banged up injury report for 49ers is up

https://bangedupbills.com/

QB Josh Allen (Right knee/ankle)

Allen has practiced in full this week despite dealing with a minor knee and ankle sprain from the result of a Joey Bosa tackle. Fortunately, he did not suffer worse damage despite how rough the injury originally looked. For more details, check out my article from Tuesday that breaks down why he is also dealing with a knee injury on top of the ankle injury. 

Thankfully he can play through a likely minor MCL sprain with bracing and with an effective tape job he can manage the ankle sprain he’s dealing with to play against the 49ers. He may be limited with running but it doesn’t mean that he won’t be mobile. 

I have to say, having had a grade 1-2 MCL sprain myself my jaw dropped at the way he cut and at his speed on his TD run after the injury.

He's not human...

21 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

I think it would work. I think Darnold would know he is #2 but a snap away.

I don't think it would work because Darnold sees himself as a starter. I also don't see us ponying up a draft pick to the Jets for him. A team will trade for him in the thoughts of him being a manageable reclamation project. And if the career trajectory of Ryan Tannehill tells you anything, it's that Darnold still has the chance to go somewhere and end up being a good QB. The first thing that needs to happen is getting away from Gase, however that may happen.