Josh Allen injury?

YoloinOhio

On 11/29/2020 at 7:27 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Was I the only guy that saw this and immediately thought, “he’s fine” only because the dude is a warrior? 

When it comes to Allen, I never immediately think "he's fine", I always brace myself for Barkley on the next play.  I guess its a defense mechanism.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

When it comes to Allen, I never immediately think "he's fine", I always brace myself for Barkley on the next play.  I guess its a defense mechanism.

On that one barkley play on Sunday - joe Marino said on the Locked on bills podcast that it looke to him like barkley called the wrong protection and it wasn’t entirely on the OL. 

I like barkley as a teammate and all but I think I’d rather have Davis Webb as backup 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2020 at 3:39 PM, GunnerBill said:

That play was on him. He misread the read option and then after that should have just eaten the sack. 

I know some say take the read option out but the Bills were making a concerted effort to run plays that would back off the pass rush and the read option is in that category. It worked too. Our oline was able to pass protect much better 2nd half once we had established we were willing to zone read and screen pass and double pass and do stuff that used the defense's aggressiveness against them. 

I am not sure who Allen is looking at sometimes with those read option plays - I rarely see him pitch the ball to his running back even when it is clear that the defense is focused on him and his running back has a better lane. He will often keep that ball and dive head-first into the scrum. This is an area of self-scouting that Allen is going to need to address.

I do think it is a bit of the hero ball mentality, but also the fact that play makers want the ball in their hands, the puck on their stick, to be up to bat with the bases loaded and the game on the line. He is just going to have to mature and balance that attitude with the fact that there are 10 other guys out there that can help him move the ball.

I do think we executed some QB draws that worked really well and the screens have been mostly hit and less miss, and when they hit they go for a lot of yards. Definitely cooled their jets a bit on the pass rush.

11 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

This! I wish I could understand why Barkley is still on the team. He isn’t veteran enough to help teach Josh ‘the ropes’, has absolutely nothing in his game that compares to Allen’s skills for continuity should he have to enter a game and has a noodle arm no one fears.

Rely on your fear. It will serve you well.

19 hours ago, Real McNasty said:

Limited yesterday in practice. Hope everything is a go for Monday.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/12/02/all-eyes-on-bills-injury-report-for-josh-allens-ankle/

Where did you get the information "limited yesterday in practice"? 

Bills didn't provide an injury report for Weds

For Thurs he is listed as "full"

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

On that one barkley play on Sunday - joe Marino said on the Locked on bills podcast that it looke to him like barkley called the wrong protection and it wasn’t entirely on the OL. 

I like barkley as a teammate and all but I think I’d rather have Davis Webb as backup 

Morse said in his postgame presser that the fumbled snap and the Barkley sack was on him.

10 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Allen is a full participant and said he doesn't expect it to be a hindrance at all moving forward.

Yeah, that's what he always says but the fact is he was hindered a game or two after he hurt his ankle and got it taped up in the Ravens game, he was hindered a couple games after injurying his L shoulder against LV, and he'll probably be hindered a couple games with this.

Though the way he ran in the 2nd half - maybe his expectations on this are more reasonable

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Interesting. Was odd that they left Bosa completely unblocked. I said in the summer that our backup situation was bottom 5 in the NFL and was flamed for it. Luckily Josh is a terminator.

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

d92e2995-ab60-4749-9e51-39359453aa9a-lar

I don't usually get the "Josh is hot" stuff but in that blue Superman t-shirt...… WOW. :wub:

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

This! I wish I could understand why Barkley is still on the team. He isn’t veteran enough to help teach Josh ‘the ropes’, has absolutely nothing in his game that compares to Allen’s skills for continuity should he have to enter a game and has a noodle arm no one fears.

Rely on your fear. It will serve you well.

I’m pretty sure it’s still because of the ONE good game he has had for his entire career...that’s the only explanation I can come up with 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

I’m pretty sure it’s still because of the ONE good game he has had for his entire career...that’s the only explanation I can come up with 

Exactly. Bills fans think he is better than he is because his best career game ever was his Bills debut. That is the exception. Awfulness is the rule.

13 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

Thats definitely it but he’s been so bad since then and that was so long ago plus it was the freaking Jets