PFF mid season all pro team

ILBillsfan

On 11/11/2020 at 7:39 AM, ILBillsfan said:

I know I know it't PFF but a there is a Buffalo Bill on this list and it's probably a person that has been overlooked this year.  Nope not Allen, Diggs or Poyer its Daryl Williams.  Great off season signing by the Bills has really been playing outstanding this year.  I really think Diggs has been overlooked some and should of been named to at least the second team as well but there are a lot of great receivers just odd to see the rookie Jefferson(who the vikings drafted to replace Diggs) on the second team.

Still a good read and I do put much more weight on their line grades than some of the others. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-pff-2020-midseason-all-pro-team

Love it! As poor as the interior lineman have been (perhaps Morse excepted), that's how good Dawkins and Williams have been. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/11/2020 at 9:52 AM, chknwing334 said:

Diggs isn't even a runner up on this list?

No, those Bills haters chose the guy who Minnesota took with the Bills 1st round pick instead, even though Diggs is much better.  I guess they still haven't gotten over Josh Allen & the Bills management proving them wrong. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

Just now, Doc said:

Good point.  He'll be 2nd in the NFL in receptions and 3rd in yards after the bye.  ;)

I hope he's still #1...........but it's hard to lead the league in yardage at 12 a pop............instead of kick stepping like James Lofton in the middle of the field.........he needs to get over the top and high step like him into the end zone a bit more and that would really help his chances of staying on top.

As for grabs......Diggs is on pace for 112 receptions.......that figure probably won't lead the league......and would be 37 off of Michael Thomas total last year.

But Diggs is also on pace for about 15 drops...........so in terms of getting open he is having an even better year than that 112 projection would indicate.:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

No, those Bills haters chose the guy who Minnesota took with the Bills 1st round pick instead, even though Diggs is much better.  I guess they still haven't gotten over Josh allen & the Bills management proving them wrong. 

Whatever. Opinions.  But there are other WRs besides Diggs they could have easily chosen over him.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What do you want me to say about the Diggs season? I have agreed that he was too inconsistent in Minnesota and has to be better than that. Again you are trying to argue points I haven't made. 

As for Thomas was he the most coveted...... I reckon he'd have been in the top 3 in that conversation. 

I think that you think that you don't need to support any of your points to produce a strong argument.......................but could you humor us with your top 5 most coveted WR's if you were a GM in week 9 of the 2019 season?;)   

You don't need to weigh in contract or off field issues.........just the guys that most GM's would prefer to have for that season, everything else aside.   That strips bare the "best receiver" IMO.  

24 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I hope he's still #1...........but it's hard to lead the league in yardage at 12 a pop............instead of kick stepping like James Lofton in the middle of the field.........he needs to get over the top and high step like him into the end zone a bit more and that would really help his chances of staying on top.

As for grabs......Diggs is on pace for 112 receptions.......that figure probably won't lead the league......and would be 37 off of Michael Thomas total last year.

But Diggs is also on pace for about 15 drops...........so in terms of getting open he is having an even better year than that 112 projection would indicate.:thumbsup:

FWIW I am a fan of the kick steps.  Not gonna die on this hill but based solely on my limited personal experience (i.e. getting smoked by more athletic dudes doing that to me on the tag rugby pitch) it’s a sign of a highly creative athlete.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

FWIW I am a fan of the kick steps.  Not gonna die on this hill but based solely on my limited personal experience (i.e. getting smoked by more athletic dudes doing that to me on the tag rugby pitch) it’s a sign of a highly creative athlete.

We are still tailgating and watching the games together and the place exploded last week when he did that.   

Love it.

Hoping that we see more of it tomorrow against a banged up Cardinals defense that has to turn around and play their toughest division game of the year at Seattle on Thursday.

Hoping for 500 yards passing.......5-6 passing TD's..........8 pounds of chicken wings......bad weather games are coming so we won't get a chance to see this every week but another chance to see some kick stepping tomorrow!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I think that you think that you don't need to support any of your points to produce a strong argument.......................but could you humor us with your top 5 most coveted WR's if you were a GM in week 9 of the 2019 season?;)   

You don't need to weigh in contract or off field issues.........just the guys that most GM's would prefer to have for that season, everything else aside.   That strips bare the "best receiver" IMO.  

I think that does bring in contract and age though if you are asking who a GM covets. But I'd go something like Hill, Thomas, Jones, Metcalf, Hopkins. Something like that? I'd have AJ Brown not far behind and Devonte Adams and still Mike Evans to be honest. You know if Brady threw to him instead of throwing to his two BFFs instead. 

It is hard to say don't take age into account IMO. Cos I probably wouldn't trade much for Julio at this point, as great a player as he has been and still is. 

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think that does bring in contract and age though if you are asking who a GM covets. But I'd go something like Hill, Thomas, Jones, Metcalf, Hopkins. Something like that? I'd have AJ Brown not far behind and Devonte Adams and still Mike Evans to be honest. You know if Brady threw to him instead of throwing to his two BFFs instead. 

It is hard to say don't take age into account IMO. Cos I probably wouldn't trade much for Julio at this point, as great a player as he has been and still is. 

If the measure is "who is the best receiver in the league in this given year" then age and contract status don't matter.

I'd say the majority of franchises would have taken Hopkins, Hill and Jones to finish their 2019 season because they are system versatile.

Big plays play big in every system.

Everything they do carries over.

Thomas......and Adams as well......are to a greater degree the products of their system and highly accurate HOF QB's.