Arizona game (who’s all going)

Yav

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Room rates are lower than ever. It’s bringing in a bad crowd. Lots of fights and shootings downtown and on the strip has led to an increase in police presence the last month or so.  Many hotels have changed their security protocols.  Several strip hotels are restricting visitors to hotel guests and those that have reservations.  Things look to be getting a little better with the increased security but then there was another shootout in circus circus just this weekend.  

Damn. Apparently, Vegas sucks in general....in regards to violent crimes. This is the first time I've looked it up, but I assume that's not surprising to other people. https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nv/las-vegas/crime#data

2018 was their worst year to date. I guess it'll be interesting to see how 2020 will stack up. Eventually escaping the pandemic should help.

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Damn. Apparently, Vegas sucks in general....in regards to violent crimes. This is the first time I've looked it up, but I assume that's not surprising to other people. https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/nv/las-vegas/crime#data

2018 was their worst year to date. I guess it'll be interesting to see how 2020 will stack up. Eventually escaping the pandemic should help.

Yeah, north east Vegas is a scary place.  Lots of gang activity.  I remember driving one of my co workers home after work awhile back, he told me to drop him off a couple blocks from his house because it could be dangerous for me.  

The west side and Henderson are nice suburbs and relatively safe but I’ve hearing gunshots almost a couple times a week lately

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, north east Vegas is a scary place.  Lots of gang activity.  I remember driving one of my co workers home after work awhile back, he told me to drop him off a couple blocks from his house because it could be dangerous for me.  

The west side and Henderson are nice suburbs and relatively safe but I’ve hearing gunshots almost a couple times a week lately

I was in Vegas for a few days this past August and was certainly appalled at the "dirtiness" of the strip. Still, it was an experience and I loved the area that I was staying in (Summerlin) to consider potentially moving there in the coming years (Phoenix area and So Cal are also under consideration). Is Summerlin as bad? 

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

Where are you staying?  I recommend staying at your hotel the entire time, depending on where you’re staying.  It’s as if vegas has entered the apocalypse.  Shootings on the strip almost every night

No kidding, I was thinking of going to Vegas for a long weekend next month, got to get away from the almighty King Cuomo's & his trusty henchman Poloncarz for a few days but maybe I will rethink that.  Vegas is my favorite place to visit.  I love it there.  

6 minutes ago, Stevie Ray said:

I was in Vegas for a few days this past August and was certainly appalled at the "dirtiness" of the strip. Still, it was an experience and I loved the area that I was staying in (Summerlin) to consider potentially moving there in the coming years (Phoenix area and So Cal are also under consideration). Is Summerlin as bad? 

I live in summerlin.  I love it out here, but, like I said,  I hear gunshots more frequently than in the past.  If you have the means, I’d recommend so cal solely because of my love of the beach.  If money is a big consideration, aZ or LV are fine.  Can’t beat the weather, unless you enjoy the cold.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Yav said:

Not bragging. Was just surprised the tickets weren't more money. I was hoping to hit the west coast games this year but since that wasn't possible I'm saving a lot of money with going to this game. I don't need to get a plane ticket and I don't need a hotel room, so it's actually a reasonable price to see the game next Sunday. 

I've seen many on here going to road games each year, cost to get to the road games along with hotel and ticket prices are a lot steeper than most of you are considering. 

Getting to go to 1 game and sit close to the field in todays situation isn't really that bad. 

Cosmopolitan. But when I go for the pool tournaments I stay where the tourney is being held. 

That is almost as much as I pay for my season tickets for the Bills game.  That sounds way steep but I guess if they only allowing x amount of fans in, there is price gouging going on.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Room rates are lower than ever. It’s bringing in a bad crowd. Lots of fights and shootings downtown and on the strip has led to an increase in police presence the last month or so.  Many hotels have changed their security protocols.  Several strip hotels are restricting visitors to hotel guests and those that have reservations.  Things look to be getting a little better with the increased security but then there was another shootout in circus circus just this weekend.  

I did notice you can get a room at Ceasars on the weekend for like $60 which is crazy.  Now I see why.

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

No kidding, I was thinking of going to Vegas for a long weekend next month, got to get away from the almighty King Cuomo's & his trusty henchman Poloncarz for a few days but maybe I will rethink that.  Vegas is my favorite place to visit.  I love it there.  

Vegas is not what it was right now  The strip, while somewhat busy on the weekends, is a bad crowd and a roll of the dice imo.  

I’d go to cancun or somewhere with a beach if you’re not worried about traveling during the pandemic 

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Patriots just announced there will be no fans for the rest of the year at Gillette Stadium. I had held out hope for the Bills game there. Make sense for them because NO Patriots fans would show up for this bad a team anyway.

What a perfect solution to save face! That beats the tarps the Jags use!