Jump to content

The Georgia Runoff--So Big!


Tiberius
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Guess again Sparky...Warnock is going to win, and Perdoodoo and Osoff are in a dead heat.  

 

If both R's don't win that's PROOF that we live in a computer simulations. FACT.

 

And the Jets are going to the Super Bowl!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NBC called for Warnock.

Ossoff has officially surpassed Perdue in the vote count and the NYT election needle has him as "very likely" to win.

It's pretty simple: McConnell gambled that he could ride Trump's fired up "the vote was stolen!" MAGA base to victories in Georgia, and he was wrong. It will cost him his party's senate majority and his speakership.

Furthermore, it's a satisfying stroke of poetic justice to see African American voters turn out in huge numbers -- in a former confederate state, no less -- to put the final nail in the coffin of the Trump/McConnell era. It was largely the African American vote in Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, etc that helped assure the ouster of Trump, and now McConnell has faced the same fate. 

I look forward to not having the entire US government held hostage by an old, stubborn turtle from Kentucky any longer. I guess, with regard to his stranglehold on senatorial power and his speakership, there's only one thing left to say to Mr McConnell:

tenor.gif

Edited by Logic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Logic said:

NBC called for Warnock.

Ossoff has officially surpassed Perdue in the vote count and the NYT election needle has him as "very likely" to win.

It's pretty simple: McConnell gambled that he could ride Trump's fired up "the vote was stolen!" MAGA base to victories in Georgia, and he was wrong. It will cost him his party's senate majority and his speakership.

Furthermore, it's quite satisfying to see African American voters turn out in huge numbers -- in a former confederate state, no less -- to put the final nail in the coffin of the Trump/McConnell era. It was largely the African American vote in Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, etc that helped assure the ouster of Trump, and now McConnell has faced the same fate. 

I look forward to not having the entire US government held hostage by an old, stubborn turtle from Kentucky any longer. I guess, with regard to his stranglehold on senatorial power and his speakership, there's only one thing left to say to Mr McConnell:

tenor.gif

Georgia rocks!!!   Now we just have to hope the Vice president of Georgia thinks it's ok that his party lost??  We will see tomorrow.  #FIGHTPENCEFIGHT!  10 MORE DAYS!.  lol the Republicans are a COMPLETE mess.  

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

NBC called for Warnock.

Ossoff has officially surpassed Perdue in the vote count and the NYT election needle has him as "very likely" to win.

It's pretty simple: McConnell gambled that he could ride Trump's fired up "the vote was stolen!" MAGA base to victories in Georgia, and he was wrong. It will cost him his party's senate majority and his speakership.

Furthermore, it's a satisfying stroke of poetic justice to see African American voters turn out in huge numbers -- in a former confederate state, no less -- to put the final nail in the coffin of the Trump/McConnell era. It was largely the African American vote in Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, etc that helped assure the ouster of Trump, and now McConnell has faced the same fate. 

I look forward to not having the entire US government held hostage by an old, stubborn turtle from Kentucky any longer. I guess, with regard to his stranglehold on senatorial power and his speakership, there's only one thing left to say to Mr McConnell:

tenor.gif

McConnel was in a pretty tough spot, if they'd turned on Trump/not supported his election fraud BS he would of done serious damage in the runoff anyway. I don't agree with the morals of it but I do see why he tried to ride line of supporting him to get his crazy base behind them. I don't know if he just didn't see Trump fraud rhetoric turning off voters coming or he didn't think it would be as bad as unhinged Trump going after them.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofLeonLett said:

It was a reporter in Dekalb county who was clarifying the 171 vs. 117k outstanding votes. Didn't catch his name, but Wolf made sure everyone understood what he said at the end haha

 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Trump warned Republicans to support the $ 2,000 Stimulus or it would be even more costly and it was IMO.

 

Gave Democrats the Senate on a silver platter...

That and Trump's tirelessly never ending attempt to commit voter fraud.

Edited by TBBills
  • Thank you (+1) 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TBBills said:

That and Trump's tirelessly never ending attempt to commit voter fraud.

Come out and vote and I'll make each of and every one of you $ 2, 000 richer.

 

Ummmm OK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Come out and vote and I'll make each of and every one of you $ 2, 000 richer.

 

Ummmm OK

Yea I know, I said that a few pages back but we cannot forget Trump destroying the republican party, which makes fringe people who don't need the money vote dem.

 

Not worried about the City vote and everything like that you can see these senators are gaining a few votes in the backwoods inbred republican counties.

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TBBills said:

Yea I know, I said that a few pages back but we cannot forget Trump destroying the republican party, which makes fringe people who don't need the money vote dem.

Absolutely, this turned out to be the Republicans worst nightmare.

 

 

Myself personally, I think this will help our Country unite and more bipartisan partnerships will prevail in the long run.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

McConnel was in a pretty tough spot, if they'd turned on Trump/not supported his election fraud BS he would of done serious damage in the runoff anyway. I don't agree with the morals of it but I do see why he tried to ride line of supporting him to get his crazy base behind them. I don't know if he just didn't see Trump fraud rhetoric turning off voters coming or he didn't think it would be as bad as unhinged Trump going after them.

I agree.  He held his breath by walking that thin line and hoped they'd win by a narrow margin.  The only thing he could've done differently is found a way to get enough Senate Republicans to agree to the $2000 stimulus checks and pass that bill before this election.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Figster said:

Absolutely, this turned out to be the Republicans worst nightmare.

 

 

Myself personally, I think this will help our Country unite and more bipartisan partnerships will prevail in the long run.

 

I wouldn't bet on that but congrats to all of you x/c for wackystripedhorse regardless of the results. Can't wait for Manchin to flip to Republican and ruin your party. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

 

I wouldn't bet on that but congrats to all of you x/c for wackystripedhorse regardless of the results. Can't wait for Manchin to flip to Republican and ruin your party. 

I don't think anyone wants to be a republican after this last month.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I don't think anyone wants to be a republican after this last month.

 

Yep the last month has been rough on the GOP - but what goes around, comes around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Looper said:

 

Yep the last month has been rough on the GOP - but what goes around, comes around.

I like how republicans would rather the country burn than try to actually make this country better. This is probably why the republican party will be done for the next 8-12 years. 

Edited by TBBills
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TBBills said:

I like how republicans would rather the country burn than try to actually make this country better. This is probably why the republican party will be done for the next 8-12 years. 

 

The Dem's idea of making the country better does not resonate well with most Republicans. Amnesty for illegals, less secure borders, decreased military spending, excessive globalism, defunding police, draconian Covid lockdowns, packing SCOTUS, universal health care, eliminating student debt, making DC and possibly PR states. Dems want control and power. 

 

What do you think would make this country better ? I'm all for racial justice but what else do you want besides no Trump. 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree.  He held his breath by walking that thin line and hoped they'd win by a narrow margin.  The only thing he could've done differently is found a way to get enough Senate Republicans to agree to the $2000 stimulus checks and pass that bill before this election.

Minority leader Mitch McConnell has a nice ring to it

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Minority leader Mitch McConnell has a nice ring to it

 

 

Since you found my last post funny, how about answering my last question ? What do you really want besides no Trump ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Looper said:

 

Since you found my last post funny, how about answering my last question ? What do you really want besides no Trump ? 

To live in a country that doesn't have minority rule by lunatics is a nice place to start.  

2 hours ago, TBBills said:

Yea I know, I said that a few pages back but we cannot forget Trump destroying the republican party, which makes fringe people who don't need the money vote dem.

 

Not worried about the City vote and everything like that you can see these senators are gaining a few votes in the backwoods inbred republican counties.

I honestly don't think the $2000 stimulus had much to do with this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...