What are you drinking right now?

Royale with Cheese

2 minutes ago, Tierlifer said:

My Wegmans had very little left. Regular Wrench they always have, Torque...not so much. 

Oh and you are SPOT on!

I had another very good one last week. Eyes of the World. Evergrain Brewing Co.

Edited by RaoulDuke79
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Bottomless steak fries still a thing? 

As a matter of fact they are. Didn't go that route tonight. Weird scenario tonight. 40 packets of ketchup, no menus. But the beer was cold and the food hit the spot after a long week.

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze....Red Robin

PicsArt_11-06-07.10.11.jpg

Beer used to be so easy! Molson, Labatts, Old Vienna and Bud mostly covered the menu in my day in WNY. 

Now? I go to places with over 100 beers just on tap. I have NO idea what to order, but the stuff I mentioned above is rarely an option. I was offered a sample of a watermelon beer recently! It actually tasted like watermelon! Not bad, but I couldn’t make it my “go to” option. 

We went to a brewery last weekend with friends. Not a single option for wine, my preference at this point. How hard is it to have a decent red and a decent white? We left, they lost our group. Don’t be pig headed! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Beer used to be so easy! Molson, Labatts, Old Vienna and Bud mostly covered the menu in my day in WNY. 

Now? I go to places with over 100 beers just on tap. I have NO idea what to order, but the stuff I mentioned above is rarely an option. I was offered a sample of a watermelon beer recently! It actually tasted like watermelon! Not bad, but I couldn’t make it my “go to” option. 

We went to a brewery last weekend with friends. Not a single option for wine, my preference at this point. How hard is it to have a decent red and a decent white? We left, they lost our group. Don’t be pig headed! 

Variety is the spice of life. I really don't think there is a need to have 100 beers on tap. Most of them will go stale. Any respectable establishment should have a few domestic beers a few craft, a selection of spirits and a selection of wine. With that being said, the establishment needs to tailor the selection to the clientele. My dive bars (when I could still sit at a bar) had all domestic beer and those Kentucky and Tennessee spirits. A few of the fancy special occasion establishments have wines I've never dreamed of paying for or drinking, as well as some desert spirits,  which I only partake on special occasions. Its fun to explore, but most places should at least have the basics. Hell, most households do.

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Variety is the spice of life. I really don't think there is a need to have 100 beers on tap. Most of them will go stale. Any respectable establishment should have a few domestic beers a few craft, a selection of spirits and a selection of wine. With that being said, the establishment needs to tailor the selection to the clientele. My dive bars (when I could still sit at a bar) had all domestic beer and those Kentucky and Tennessee spirits. A few of the fancy special occasion establishments have wines I've never dreamed of paying for or drinking, as well as some desert spirits,  which I only partake on special occasions. Its fun to explore, but most places should at least have the basics. Hell, most households do.

Taco Mac (or TMac as they are trying to rebrand here in Atlanta - some WNY guys by origin) have a “beer club” kind of thing. You get points for the beers you drink, but not if you keep trying the same brands. That way you have to try different things and they (I’m told) keep the beers and lines fresh. 

A college buddy in Cincinnati will take me to breweries when I visit. It’s a surprisingly German town and the breweries are hot destinations. Again, some of them don’t carry a single wine option. They often lose my business for that reason and it seems like at least one red and one decent white option wouldn’t cause one person to lead an entire group to go look for a place with better options. 

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Yeah....got a beautiful day up here in November. Gonna be a good night. 

Soccer was actually my favorite sport to watch our kids play. Baseball was too boring, basketball was all screaming at the refs and a broken ankle, football led to MCL tears and ACL surgeries and stingers and ice baths on Friday nights. Soccer was something I learned to appreciate. “Only” one broken arm in soccer, making it the winner in my book! 

With every sport, my drink was a Diet Coke along with a hot dog. The ONLY thing our kids HS did right was great hot dogs! Away games and travel games was hit or miss, usually miss.  I was already worked up enough, and that caffeine wasn’t needed, but a Diet Coke was part of the ritual. (There may or may not have been an adult beverage beforehand.) 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.