Chris Simms on Bills-Patriots

8 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

6-2 is certainly successful, but I think the way the Bills have played the last 4 weeks has lost them credibility with the talking heads, they are back in the wait and see category. Dolphins are a story due to Tua. The media will milk that as much as they can, and they don't care if it is at the expense of the Bills.

we should all be in the wait and see category with the way the bills played.  that's ok.  could improve or continue to get worse.

4 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

As fans we can be, as personalities in the social media age they need juicy things to discuss on a daily basis. Bills were juicy the first 4 games, not so much the last 4.

Allen needs to get juicy...

are you coming on to me?

5 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Yep two bad decisions, but having the ball inside the 20 with 30 seconds to go & a chance to win, tells me he outcoached/schemed McD. 

Nope. Pats lost, and would have won if Belecheck would have made different decisions. He was clearly outcoached by McD. Scoreboard? Yeah, scoreboard. 

1 hour ago, technobot said:

Nice find, Hapless.

Isn't it obvious progress that Allen did not try to play hero ball and give the game to the Pats? He showed discipline, stayed with the gameplan set out by the coaching staff, and avoided the mental errors that cost us the first NE game last year.

I think it's huge progress.   I even think it's progress from the Titans and KC games.  Allen stayed within the game plan.  Jim Kubiak makes some points that I didn't touch on here...about what he calls the "amoeba" defense the Patriots were using.  Wink Martindale does something a bit similar.  They play one down lineman and everyone else standing up.  It's hell on blocking schemes because it's very difficult for the OL to tell who's coming, who's not, and who they're supposed to block.  It's very difficult for the QB to diagnose who

There a couple of telling exchanges in Daboll's Monday presser. (Daboll IMO has the most interesting pressers of the three of them, and it's worth watching the whole thing)

4:45 Someone (not sure who) mentions talking to Josh about watching last year's Patriots games and how it wasn't fun because of all his mistakes.  "Now that you've watched yesterdays game...what were your impressions and where did he show some improvement?"  "Yeah, I thought he did a good job.  He made particular checks out there that were critical at critical times in the game..but everybody chipped in to make that better, too....They're a formidable opponent any time you play them, we just made a few more plays at the end of the game than they did."

7:05 Dan Fetes asks "How proud are you of Josh over these last few games?  He's a guy that likes to be aggressive, wants to throw the ball downfield, he said "Touchdowns first". ...It hasn't been sexy on the stat sheet but how proud are you of the discipline he's shown the last few weeks?"  "I don't know that proud is the word.  I expect that from him.  I see how hard he works in practice, all the meetings that he goes through with Ken and those guys...His job is to try to help us win games, any way he can.  Certainly, QBs love to have 400 yd passing games or 350 yds and 4 touchdowns and not hand it off 38 times.  The thing that you appreciate about the Leader of your football team is that whatever we need to do to win, he's All In for. So...That's what I expect from him."

Yeah, Daboll is proud of Josh.  Josh has come a long way. 

But Daboll has come a long way too.  When he says "everybody chipped in to make that better, too", I think he's talking about himself amoung others, crafting a game plan that Josh could safely execute against the Patriots best efforts to confuse and bemuse him, in the weather that we had, with a team of which Chris Simms (with justification) said "the Bills can't run the football".  Big difference from the Patriots and Eagles games last year.

25 minutes ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

So, Tampa Bay sucks too. They beat the giants by 2. 

And that Flag!

• Like (+1) 1