Sir Sean Connery dead at 90

Mike in Horseheads

38 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

Best One Ping Only GIFs | Gfycat

Only Sean Connery could play the role of a Lithuanian commander of a Soviet sub while speaking English with a Scottish accent, and actually pull it off! 

21 minutes ago, Mr Info said:

RIP, Sir Sean

Outstanding in ‘Name of the Rose’ for which he won a BAFTA.

NOTR is one of my favorite movies all time, and also such a great book.  Umberto Eco was a genius.

• Like (+1) 1

Simply the best Bond. Nobody else comes close, even though I liked a lot of the other Bond films.

One of his best other roles, is in a film called 'The Hill'.

As others have said, he simply had a 'presence' on screen.

R.I.P., and thanks for the enjoyment you gave to many.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Stompanato

Interesting story on him:

John Stompanato Jr. was in relationship with actress Lana Turner.  If your recognize name he was character in  L.A. Confidential (1997) and Gangster Squad.(2013).

Their relationship was stormy; it was punctuated with frequent arguments and fights. In 1957, Stompanato became so jealous about Turner's relationship with future James Bond actor Sean Connery, he flew to the United Kingdom. He stormed onto the set of Another Time, Another Place threatening Connery with a gun. Unperturbed, the 6 ft 2 in (188 cm) Scotsman, who was a former body builder and karate black belt, bent Stompanato's hand back, forcing him to drop the weapon. He was reported to the police and quietly deported from the United Kingdom. After Stompanato's death, it was rumored that at least one LA mobster held Connery responsible, leading the actor to go into hiding for a short time afterwards

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Holy Mackerel, Huddsy, you're just gettin around to this eulogy now?!

Why don't you throw in an RIP for Timothy Dalton early here and save yourself a trip later on.

:lol:😉:thumbsup:

Thanks for keeping it real, Donuts. RIP to Dalton, he was never the Bond of Connery’s stature, but gamely tried his best...:doh:

• Haha (+1) 1

Classic movie star and actor

Loved the movies had played in can't think of the one where he was a thief and trained the one gal insurance rep to steal

When she was in his castle and went up the wall he was looking up,at her buttocks and he interesting she she what 

Sean said I nothing

Thought "The Hunt for Red October" was his best post-Bond work.  

I recall a lot of people thought that movie was going to bomb at the box office.  It was expensive, Alec Baldwin was an unknown, they had Sean Connery with a beard speaking Russian, and they didn't think audiences would enjoy a cerebral "naval" movie with the US Navy in the news with the Gulf shenanigans at the time.   

Sean Connery's 10 Best Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade Moments

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2558585/sean-connerys-10-best-indiana-jones-and-the-last-crusade-moments?pv=related_list

My favorite part: Henry Jones Destroying A Plane With An Umbrella And Some Birds

1. Henry Jones Bashing Indiana Jones Over The Head With A Vase
  2. Indiana Jones Realizing Henry Jones Had Also Slept With Dr. Elsa Schneider
  3. Henry Jones Gasping In Shock At Indiana Jones Killing Nazis
  4. Henry Jones Not Understanding Why Indiana Jones Won’t Get In The Boat
  5. Henry Jones Looking Displeased With His Son’s Reckless Driving
  6. Henry Jones Asking Indiana Jones What They Should Talk About
  7. Henry Jones Having No Idea What He’s Doing Inside A Cockpit
  8. Henry Jones Destroying A Plane With An Umbrella And Some Birds
  9. Henry Jones Thinking His Son Is Dead
  10. Henry Jones Reasoning With His Son

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2558164/sean-connerys-widow-shares-the-late-actors-battle-with-dementia?pv=related_list

I am sorry to hear about this. Not read the tabloids so hand no idea his health had worsened.

Sean Connery's wife of 40-years, Micheline Roquebrune, has revealed that in his last few months of life Sean Connery was dealing with dementia. As such, his quality of life had drastically dimished. And so, as Connery's widow is quoted in the Daily Mail, there is some happiness in the passing as well, as the life he was leading was not what he wanted, and now that pain is over. According to Roquebrune...

It was no life for him. He was not able to express himself latterly. At least he died in his sleep and it was just so peaceful. I was with him all the time and he just slipped away. It was what he wanted...He had dementia and it took its toll on him. He got his final wish to slip away without any fuss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.