Watching the game with a Pats*** fan Sunday...

eball

Good luck to you.

I once watched a Bills-Raiders game with a friend who was a Raiders fan.  It kind of sucked because I couldn't celebrate with my usual passion & enthusiasm.  I didn't want to be a jerk and add to his sorrows.  To take the sting off the Raiders loss, I acted like I didn't care all that much and commiserated with him.  

I'm not a super-animated guy in my normal life but I am during Bills games.  So I'd rather watch a game with Bills strangers (in a sports bar, for example) than with friends who are fans of the opposing team.  

21 hours ago, eball said:

...and wondering how much I’ll be able to control myself. He’s a good friend (despite his fandom) who admits he is now also a Bucs fan but definitely still pulls for the Pats***. He played football for BC back in the 80s so he gets it honestly. He gives me s-h-I-t about the Bills but it is all in fun, and he knows we have the better team this year. 

It will be a good time because he has a great covered back porch with an outdoor kitchen so we’ll be (a) safely distanced and (b) have a lot of good food and drink. It won’t be a big crowd, just us and our wives.

I realize the potential to embarrass myself exists but I’m trying to be a mature fan.

Comments?

Remember to place a chair in a small pool so that you may bath in their tears.

17 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually have a really really good friend who's a Pats fan.  He's 100% stand up dude.  The kind of guy you can trust, any time, any where.  He's also a genuine Pats fan who can name players and coaches going back into the 70s.

We all have our flaws.

His flaw is that he is a Pats fan.😁

Edited by formerlyofCtown

18 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

My father in law is a Pat's* fan and does not watch game unless I invite him over, I don't recommend it because  I could not control my hatred of BB and Brady. He and I even disagreed with whether the Gronk elbow drop was terrible.

If he thought the Gronk elbow wasn’t a flag then I would cut him off. I wouldn’t even waste my time trying, I would just tell my wife I’ll see him on Holidays and 2 days of your choosing but that’s it. 

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

If he thought the Gronk elbow wasn’t a flag then I would cut him off. I wouldn’t even waste my time trying, I would just tell my wife I’ll see him on Holidays and 2 days of your choosing but that’s it. 

He has since agreed Gronk was dirty but I really don't have a choice, he is a good grandfather but we do not watch football together anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1