Watching the game with a Pats*** fan Sunday...

eball

3 hours ago, eball said:

...and wondering how much I’ll be able to control myself. He’s a good friend (despite his fandom) who admits he is now also a Bucs fan but definitely still pulls for the Pats***. He played football for BC back in the 80s so he gets it honestly. He gives me s-h-I-t about the Bills but it is all in fun, and he knows we have the better team this year.

If Matt Milano plays, point out at every opportunity that he should be cheering for the Bills because MILANO!   Tell him he owes it to Baldwin the Eagle to cheer very loudly for MILANO!!!! to make plays.  And furthermore MILANO!!!! How can he possibly cheer against a fellow Boston College alum?  Rub it up good.

Also point out that we have BC grad Tommy Sweeney poised to contribute once he's off PUP

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

...and wondering how much I’ll be able to control myself. He’s a good friend (despite his fandom) who admits he is now also a Bucs fan but definitely still pulls for the Pats***. He played football for BC back in the 80s so he gets it honestly. He gives me s-h-I-t about the Bills but it is all in fun, and he knows we have the better team this year. 

It will be a good time because he has a great covered back porch with an outdoor kitchen so we’ll be (a) safely distanced and (b) have a lot of good food and drink. It won’t be a big crowd, just us and our wives.

I realize the potential to embarrass myself exists but I’m trying to be a mature fan.

Comments?

If the Bills win, be pleasant but in control. As foreign as it’s been to beat the Pats the last 2 decades,  “Act like you’ve been there before”.

If the Bills lose, do his wife. 

• Haha (+1) 5

3 hours ago, eball said:

It will be a good time because he has a great covered back porch with an outdoor kitchen so we’ll be (a) safely distanced and (b) have a lot of good food and drink. It won’t be a big crowd, just us and our wives.

I realize the potential to embarrass myself exists but I’m trying to be a mature fan.

Comments?

Every Patriots fan that I have ever met has been a D-Bag. This will just be miserable for you, I would advise against it. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Every Patriots fan that I have ever met has been a D-Bag. This will just be miserable for you, I would advise against it. 

I actually have a really really good friend who's a Pats fan.  He's 100% stand up dude.  The kind of guy you can trust, any time, any where.  He's also a genuine Pats fan who can name players and coaches going back into the 70s.

We all have our flaws.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I actually have a really really good friend who's a Pats fan.  He's 100% stand up dude.  The kind of guy you can trust, any time, any where.  He's also a genuine Pats fan who can name players and coaches going back into the 70s.

We all have our flaws.

I guarantee he has cheated you in cards, darts or pool. Its ingrained in their DNA. He probably never gives you money for gas when you drive or buys the 1st round of beers, why would you put yourself though hell like that.

All Patriot fans are like little Edelman clones, at least all the ones in Chicago are. That Boston accent makes me want to bury my head into sand or set M80's off 3ft from my ears. 

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I guarantee he has cheated you in cards, darts or pool. Its ingrained in their DNA. He probably never gives you money for gas when you drive or buys the 1st round of beers, why would you put yourself though hell like that.

Haha pool!   He doesn't need to cheat.  He's a bona fide shark.  Learned to play from a CPO in the Coast Guard.  I try to learn from him but I'm relatively hopeless.

Nah, it's like this.  If you can have a convo with a Pats fan over 50 about Tony Eason vs Steve Grogan as QB and Eason's performance in Superbowl XX (or similar) they've been a genuine Pats fan for the Long Haul.  They are your brother-under-the-skin.  They have suffered as you, a Bills fan, have suffered.  They understand Fan Pain.  They predate the turn-of-the-century "Ruthless Pursuit of a Competitive Advantage" Patriots culture and the arrogant, entitled fans who take every-year success as their rightful due and B word when they don't get a Superbowl appearance.

If, on the other hand, you ask a Pats fan to name a Pats QB prior to Drew Bledsoe and get a blank stare, everything you say may be true.

EBaller you oughta take a piece of paper and put a line down the middle, put Bills on one side and Pats on the other.

I think we've beaten them 5 times to their 35 wins over us in the past 20 years.  So mark up 5 for the Bills and 35 for the Pats.  Maybe use different markers and pens so it looks like you've actually been keeping a running tally over the years.

After we win, when the time is right, just casually pull the paper out from under the couch and chalk up one for the B-Lo.   Obviously make sure he sees you do it, but pretend like it's just for you. Then put it back under the couch.

Of course you could always do it the way Steve does it and post it on the wall, then bust out the lipstick and lay back on the couch.....

buscemi.thumb.jpg.cbf67ad02153111e640c77da1e35ca97.jpg

5 hours ago, eball said:

Comments?

I'm the same way with my Jets buddies. I try to not let my fandom show externally, but on inside I'm talking all kinds of ***** and love it. 

6 hours ago, eball said:

Comments?

Invite?

8 hours ago, eball said:

Comments?

Get a new friend.  This one is clearly broken 

Edited by Virgil
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, eball said:

Comments?

If your friend's name is Doug, do me a favor - punch him in the throat, kick him in the balls and when he's laying on the ground, piss on him.

Go Bills!

• Haha (+1) 3