First Confirmation of Trent Murphy on the Block Rumors

MAJBobby

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wrong.

He was on the roster week 1.........at which point it became guaranteed.

They can only shed it by trading it now.

In Murphy's case there's no indication his salary is not guaranteed or is incentivized, so likely you're correct.

I could be wrong on this point....but when a contract is for more than vet minimum, isn't it a matter of the specifics of the contract whether it's fully guaranteed or not?  This kind of info is sometimes not available to the fan, even through the cap tracker sites like spotrac and overthecap.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In Murphy's case there's no indication his salary is not guaranteed or is incentivized, so likely you're correct.

I could be wrong on this point....but when a contract is for more than vet minimum, isn't it a matter of the specifics of the contract whether it's fully guaranteed or not?  This kind of info is sometimes not available to the fan, even through the cap tracker sites like spotrac and overthecap.

Yeah probably because it's not one of the newer aspects of the CBA.

Ralph was notorious for assessing his teams chances in preseason and if they looked bad he would OK the release veterans like Dwan Edwards and Langston Walker..........because being active week one guaranteed their salary.    

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I just went and did research on it. 

It's a thing I'd never heard of called Termination Pay.

If a veteran with four or more accrued seasons who is on the roster for the first game of that season is cut, the rest of his salary is guaranteed. There are a few lawyer-language exceptions. Antonio Brown didn't get his from the Raiders because they claimed he didn't give good-faith effort.

It's Article 30 in the CBA.

Here's the section about eligibility: 

"(a) Any player who has completed the season in which his fourth year or more of credited service under the Bert Bell/Pete Rozelle Retirement Plan has been earned shall be eligible for Termination Pay under this Article if:

1. (1)  He is released after his Club’s first regular season game; and

2. (2)  He has made the Active/Inactive List of his Club on or after the date of

his Club’s first regular season game."

Edited by Thurman#1

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Wrong.

He was on the roster week 1.........at which point it became guaranteed.

They can only shed it by trading it now.

Yeah if they had cut him  before cutdown day in September, then nothing guaranteed.   But for a vet think it's with more than 4 years after opening day their contract then becomes guaranteed.  If he wasn't in the final year, anything for next season onward again would not have been.

2 hours ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Murphy is NOT being shopped....teams calling Bills about him but Bills not putting him out there 

0C454F76-FC0E-4D90-B7DD-3929BD9C1033.jpeg

Yeah I suspect they have gotten a call on Murphy from someone like the Colts with lots of cap room that went along the lines of:

"How about we take his salary off your hands for your 2020 3rd rounder and we send you back a 2020 7th rounder and a conditional 2021 6th rounder?".   

Maybe Beane counters with a 5th.

End of conversation.

• Haha (+1) 1