Game: UB (5-1) vs. Marshall (7-2) Camellia Bowl, Christmas day, 2:30 pm ESPN

PromoTheRobot

If any P5 program is thinking about Lance Liepold they need to watch this game and the 2018 MAC Championship game and judge his in-game coaching.

They still get to go bowling. Likely to Montgomery Alabama for the Camellia Bowl against 9-1 Louisiana. They will be tougher than Ball State.

On an Illinois message board they are speculating that Lance has interviewed for head coach and got the job there.  

If so, hopefully UB can get an innovative up and coming coach in here.  it’s a much more attractive job than it used to be. 

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

On an Illinois message board they are speculating that Lance has interviewed for head coach and got the job there.  

If so, hopefully UB can get an innovative up and coming coach in here.  it’s a much more attractive job than it used to be. 

Yes. On UBfan an Illini fan says players were told he's been hired. Well hopefully he can win the bowl game so he doesn't leave with a stink on him.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes. On UBfan an Illini fan days players were told he's been hired. Well hopefully he can win the bowl game so he doesn't leave with a stink on him.

This gem from the illini board i was looking at

I’m sure Leipold is a fine coach and he’d possibly workout well here. But there is no way you can fire up a fan base by introducing a 56 year old MAC coach who just got busted by the only decent team they played all year”

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This gem from the illini board i was looking at

I’m sure Leipold is a fine coach and he’d possibly workout well here. But there is no way you can fire up a fan base by introducing a 56 year old MAC coach who just got busted by the only decent team they played all year”

Hope they don't find the YouTube of the 2018 MAC Championship.

14 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I like Leopold because it feels like they will consistently be decent to good.  

But man, these big game disappointments are piling up

It's two games.

He is by far the best coach in program history, and the program is reaching New heights yearly

If he was 0-6 in championship games I'd be concerned, Andy Reid took 20 years to win a super bowl.

The program is in the best shape it's ever been

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's two games.

He is by far the best coach in program history, and the program is reaching New heights yearly

If he was 0-6 in championship games I'd be concerned, Andy Reid took 20 years to win a super bowl.

Dont get me wrong.  Im perfectly comfortable with Leipold into perpetuity.  It is probably he best we could hope for.  

Big games, I would consider this one, the Troy bowl game and the N Illinois Meltdown in 2018 (as well as the Ohio stomping).  Last year losing every big game in the East.

God I couldnt imagine going back with a snake oil salesman meathead like Quinn.

14 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Dont get me wrong.  Im perfectly comfortable with Leipold into perpetuity.  It is probably he best we could hope for.  

Big games, I would consider this one, the Troy bowl game and the N Illinois Meltdown in 2018 (as well as the Ohio stomping).  Last year losing every big game in the East.

Seeing as how he had to rebuild the program, this is about his third season with a complete team

Every single game in college football is a big game, cherry picking a few games, when those other coaches are getting paid to try to win too, it just doesn't really work like that

UB has not been an unstoppable Force that's unbeatable these last three years. Sometimes you have bad days, especially with 20-year-old kids. UB is not heads and shoulders above every mac program, that they will just waltz to victory

This isn't the end of the programs rising, they're going to be better next year. UB has been at or near the bottom in recruiting rankings , yet look how talented they look on the field.. that is Lance and his staff's ability to develop players at a high level.. and now that he's getting better recruits, he's going to be able to develop them even better

Edited by Buffalo716

23 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's two games.

23 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Let's not forget Kent State from 2019. Led 27-6 in the 4Q and managed to lose. I'm not running Lance out of town. He's been great for the program. He recruits well. But he is prone to these kind of losses. He's not the best in-game strategist.

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's not forget Kent State from 2019. Led 27-6 in the 4Q and managed to lose. I'm not running Lance out of town. He's been great for the program. He recruits well. But he is prone to these kind of losses. He's not the best in-game strategist.

I've never seen a coach, where the majority of fans, praised his in-game abilities

Every coach is ridiculed by their fan base for how they handle in-game situations, from Urban Meyer to Bill belichick

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I've never seen a coach, where the majority of fans, praised his in-game abilities

Every coach is ridiculed by their fan base for how they handle in-game situations, from Urban Meyer to Bill belichick

Maybe I don't watch enough other college teams. Maybe this happens to everyone. I just know it happens to Lance a couple times a year.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Maybe I don't watch enough other college teams. Maybe this happens to everyone. I just know it happens to Lance a couple times a year.

It happens to McDermott. and guess what he's the best coach we've had here in a long time, and he's good enough to win us a super bowl

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.