Game: UB (5-1) vs. Marshall (7-2) Camellia Bowl, Christmas day, 2:30 pm ESPN

PromoTheRobot

"With Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane and several NFL scouts in attendance, UB quarterback Kyle Vantrease threw for a career-best 353 yards and four touchdowns on 17-for-27 passing and used seven receivers."

https://buffalonews.com/sports/kyle-vantrease-kevin-marks-pace-ub-football-to-a-win-against-miami-ohio/article_a86a5414-23c4-11eb-b97d-fffd24e96845.html

11 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Pattersons stats against bowling green the last 2 games he faced them 614 yards rushing and 9 tds

Did I read that right on the screen?!??!??!

From today's Buffalo News: Patterson stat line from three games vs BGSU

"Patterson has rushed for 687 yards and 12 touchdowns in three games in three seasons against Bowling Green. Last year, Patterson ran for 298 rushing yards on 26 carries against the Falcons (0-3), and set a Mid-American Conference single-game record by scoring six touchdowns in a game."

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

From today's Buffalo News: Patterson stat line from three games vs BGSU

"Patterson has rushed for 687 yards and 12 touchdowns in three games in three seasons against Bowling Green. Last year, Patterson ran for 298 rushing yards on 26 carries against the Falcons (0-3), and set a Mid-American Conference single-game record by scoring six touchdowns in a game."

Absolutely incredible. Hope he starts to pick up national media attention. I know he was on a preseason list for the heismen so i hope they start to bring him up in that discussion

I kind of feel like Patterson will have a tough time transitioning to NFL.  Feel like he is a little small and slow to be an impact player.  However, I have been impressed with Marks for years now.  The speed he hits the hole in really impressive to me.  It's going to sound nuts because Patterson puts up crazy numbers, but I prefer Marks.

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I kind of feel like Patterson will have a tough time transitioning to NFL.  Feel like he is a little small and slow to be an impact player.  However, I have been impressed with Marks for years now.  The speed he hits the hole in really impressive to me.  It's going to sound nuts because Patterson puts up crazy numbers, but I prefer Marks.

I don't think Patterson is slow at all. Part of his skill set is a higher gear he can engage as soon as he gets ahead of a defender. I do wonder if he is NFL material as well. But a good comparison is Brandon Oliver, the current UB RB yardage career leader. He was quite effective for the Chargers until he got injured. Guys built like Oliver and Patterson have a low center of gravity and can shift their weight and change direction on a dime.  Look at the clip of his 67 yd TD run from mast night. He juked a tackler while still getting through the line. The ability to make people miss you when there is scarcely any room to start is pretty amazing.

3 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Absolutely incredible. Hope he starts to pick up national media attention. I know he was on a preseason list for the heismen so i hope they start to bring him up in that discussion

Preseason list for the doak walker

2 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

I like marks but he's not on Patterson's level

He's got good size with some speed tho

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.