Why can’t Barkley be the placeholder?

ny33

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Not sure what the alternative at kicker would have been if they took Mann instead. Hauschka is clearly washed up.

Yes that’s what we’re saying. You got a good bead on things as usual there.

It's a nonissue.  Especially after that game.  Hardly worth a thread.  No impact on the game or the kick.

Gotskowski was available.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's a nonissue.  Especially after that game.  Hardly worth a thread.  No impact on the game or the kick.

Gotskowski was available.

It’s far from a non-issue. Sure it didn’t affect that game or any previous games but in the future it could. And if it’s something that’s correctable, it should be.  I’m just glad that a former NFL kicker noticed the same things we did and didn’t just chalk it up to “Bass just sucks.”

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

It’s far from a non-issue. Sure it didn’t affect that game or any previous games but in the future it could. And if it’s something that’s correctable, it should be.  I’m just glad that a former NFL kicker noticed the same things we did and didn’t just chalk it up to “Bass just sucks.”

There you go.

How many of his misses has it caused so far?

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There you go.

How many of his misses has it caused so far?

LOL!  Brilliant analysis as usual. 

And Gostkowski?  He's missed more FG's and XP's than Bass has.  His best days, like Hauschka's are behind him. 

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Brilliant analysis as usual. 

And Gostkowski?  He's missed more FG's and XP's than Bass has.  His best days, like Hauschka's are behind him. 

If Bass had a top 5 career to look back on right now,  your point may have approached cogency.  

Gotskowski had a rough Game 1.  Since then he's made 8/8 FG and 10/11 XP.  His single game FG output against Minnesota eclipses Bass career total thus far.

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

If Bass had a top 5 career to look back on right now,  your point may have approached cogency.  

Gotskowski had a rough Game 1.  Since then he's made 8/8 FG and 10/11 XP.  His single game FG output against Minnesota eclipses Bass career total thus far.

Hey let’s dust off every Hall of Famer and bring them back. I think Vinatieri is available.

Again more brilliance.

Edited by Doc

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hey let’s dust off every Hall of Famer and bring them back. I think Vinatieri is available.

Again more brilliance.

Didn't have to dust off Gotskowski.  He was a little rusty after injury and surgery last season.   First game back was rough.  I bet Tennessee is happy to have him now, no?

Vinaterieri retired doc---after 24 years.  When he, in his 15th season with the Colts, missed 3 FG in the first several games, they kept him around.

Gotskowski didn't retire, doc.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Didn't have to dust off Gotskowski.  He was a little rusty after injury and surgery last season.   First game back was rough.  I bet Tennessee is happy to have him now, no?

Vinaterieri retired doc---after 24 years.  When he, in his 15th season with the Colts, missed 3 FG in the first several games, they kept him around.

Gotskowski didn't retire, doc.

Gostkowski's in his 15th year.  Again he's on the back-end of his career. 

Bass, after a rough game 1, has been fine.  You even said so yourself.  That doesn't mean that they still can't try and fix things that are an issue.

Edited by Doc

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Small gloves.

I get that it's an injury issue concern but how many QBs have gotten injured this way?

I have never heard of a QB getting injured while holding. I will say that I have done it a few times and really didn’t trust our kicker. I guess there is a chance he could kick your hand but that’s more likely to happen in Flag Football.

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I have never heard of a QB getting injured while holding. I will say that I have done it a few times and really didn’t trust our kicker. I guess there is a chance he could kick your hand but that’s more likely to happen in Flag Football.

Yeah, I've never heard of it happening either.  Although I thought/figured that's why teams stopped using their backup QBs as holders.  I guess the potential is always there so why chance it?

In any case, I have no idea why Bojo/Farwell haven't fixed this issue.  Many of us fans saw it and now Jay Feely has seen it as well.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah, I've never heard of it happening either.  Although I thought/figured that's why teams stopped using their backup QBs as holders.  I guess the potential is always there so why chance it?

In any case, I have no idea why Bojo/Farwell haven't fixed this issue.  Many of us fans saw it and now Jay Feely has seen it as well.

Agreed, when this kind of stuff is happing it makes you question the HC and Special teams coach. You never hear about this kind of thing with any other team. This is a topic that I usually need to drink beer to participate in. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Agreed, when this kind of stuff is happing it makes you question the HC and Special teams coach. You never hear about this kind of thing with any other team. This is a topic that I usually need to drink beer to participate in. 

I’ve never noticed the lace placement on kicks on other teams. And if they did talk about it, it was probably on their own message boards.

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

It was on the radio today that the our long snapper (his name just escaped me) took the blame. He said the holder can turn it 1/4 turn at most and he put the incorrect spin on it. Found that interesting. 

OK then, he needs to fix it.