Great Win today, we beat the Rams and the Refs.

13 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

That was a legit penalty. Why are people acting like that was a gift to us from the refs. The rams defender committed a penalty and was called for it. 

Because if it weren’t called it wouldn’t be an egregious miss.

Also, I didn’t see the PI, but I haven’t rewatched the play.  

10 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Because if it weren’t called it wouldn’t be an egregious miss.

Also, I didn’t see the PI, but I haven’t rewatched the play.  

It was a legit penalty. At best, it was PI. At worst, it was defensive holding. The refs made the right call, thankfully. Chris Myers chirping that he did not agree with the call was off the mark. Either way, they're not taking it back. Chalk up a hard fought 'W' for the good guys.

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tell that to the conspiracist.  He was saying evil gambling forces were paying the refs to make calls influencing the outcome 

I think I may have mistook your statement for the comment you quoted. I drank a bit more than expected yesterday.... That said, I’ve found that conspiracy types aren’t exactly the most logical or reasonable among us. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The refs made massive game-changing calls in both directions.

Both teams would have had plenty of reason to be upset.  Since the Bills ended up winning, the Rams are going to have the most reason to complain.

In my opinion, the Defensive Pass Interference call at the end of the game was iffy.  Sometimes the refs call those.  Sometimes they don't.  No, it wasn't flagrant PI.  But it also wasn't a totally phantom call.  There absolutely was contact by the CB after 5 yards, with the ball in the air.  

On the flip-side, the 3rd quarter interception WAS a terrible call.  And the offensive PI they called along with it was just as ticky-tack as the Defensive PI call at the end of the game.  Another referee crew probably would have kept the flag in their pants AND called it a catch by Tyler Kroft.  That play was a HUGE momentum changer, when the Bills still had an 18 point lead.

And after 20+ years of watching Tom Brady scream and cuss at the refs, I will never be OK with any Quarterback getting an "unsportsmanlike conduct" flag for complaining about a bad call.  I don't care what Josh Allen said.  Nobody should get favoritism from the officials.  That was another big one they should have let go.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

I'm a Bills fan tried and true, but the Rams fans must be livid at the PI call on 4th down at the end.  I'm thinking in 9 out of 10 games in that situation, there is no flag thrown and the Bills lose.  I'm really glad we got that break (the kind that historically has been incredibly rare for the Bills). 

As for the Interception call, it was egregious.  Kroft catches the pass, holds it all the way to the ground, and the defender who puts his hands on the ball late in the play never rips the ball away.  Still - we need to remember it was already 1st and 20 when that play started.  If the play had not been called an interception, but the penalty held, it would have been 1st and 30.  There's no certainty we get a first down out of that.  In all likelihood we'd have been punting.  And then they get the ball, albeit a little time passes first, and we are in the same situation, needing to stop them.  Which we didn't.  While we all hate calls that are so seriously botched, I don't think it was the game changer everyone is saying it was.

9 times out of 10, the offensive PI against Kroft is not called either.

That play could have easily been called a completion to Kroft with no penalty, and nobody would have batted an eye.

Not only does it kill the momentum the Rams were building up.  But it also gives us a 1st down at midfield, with an 18 point lead.  

Very possible that without that play, the comeback never even happens.

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

It was a legit penalty. At best, it was PI. At worst, it was defensive holding. The refs made the right call, thankfully. Chris Myers chirping that he did not agree with the call was off the mark. Either way, they're not taking it back. Chalk up a hard fought 'W' for the good guys.

Bro, it was awesome to see the Bills on the right end of a critical penalty. Shoes usually on the other foot. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

It was.  It was also a terrible call and 💯 not a pick.  So yeah, we’re blaming the refs because it was their fault 

One call was wrong.  One call was right.  

In years past, we don’t get that call.  I still can’t believe we got it. Looked to me like it was the right call.  Not a make up call.  

I'm sick of these pundits focusing on the PI and saying it was a bogus call.  At the very least, it was illegal contact.  The defender had a hold of Davis beyond 5 yards.  Tre De gets called  for that every other game.

• Like (+1) 1