[OT]Need Advice on upgrading memory

Nervous Guy

I've decided to upgrade the RAM on two of my computers, have indentified what type, etc...now I need advice on where to purchase...anybody out there have info on the good and bad online sites to purchase from?

oh yeah and any opinions on brands would also be appreciated...I've heard good things about Kingston...

Kingston like you mention, lifetime warranty. Or their "cheap" brand Kingston Value Ram.

You've got a Dell, right? You can use their drop down menus to select the ram for your system.

23194[/snapback]

yeah...been there...but for my 8250 I need RDRAM and they want an arm and a leg for it...I've seen Kingston stuff online for about half that Dell wants for it.

I've decided to upgrade the RAM on two of my computers, have indentified what type, etc...now I need advice on where to purchase...anybody out there have info on the good and bad online sites to purchase from?

oh yeah and any opinions on brands would also be appreciated...I've heard good things about Kingston...

23185[/snapback]

I like newegg.com. They have prices that are usually within a few bucks of the lowest, but their shipping and service is the best I've dealt with. Very good company.

23185[/snapback]

I have been considering upgrading the memory on my computer, how do I determine what type I need?

GO BILLS 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i like to use this site to find stuff thats on sale in your area......

http://www.salescircular.com/

from my experience i usually find better sale prices with rebates etc.... then online shopping....

www.pricegrabber.com is a good site listing online vendor prices as well as store reviews and product reviews....

cnet.com is another good online source

newegg is excellent.  I like to buy the "free FedEX shipping" specials. You can track you package thru fedEx if you like.

23223[/snapback]

You can check in ecost.com too...Link is

Ecost Webpage

Sometimes buy.com has their 1 day sale (YOu can register your email

with them and they will send u those notices) and their prices on those

sale days are good too.

post-it notes help

23499[/snapback]

True story: My father is a smart guy, but we always found it funny that those days when he would pick us up from school, he would have a list with him, and once we were in the car, he would cross us off the list.

I work for Dell, but do not recommend buying Dell memory, simply due to the price.

www.newegg.com has some good prices (and a good selection of brands)

23611[/snapback]

What RDRAM memory do i need for a dell 8200, 400mhz fsb. When going through the choices on these memeory sites I do not know what will be compatible with Dell.

What RDRAM memory do i need for a dell 8200, 400mhz fsb. When going through the choices on these memeory sites I do not know what will be compatible with Dell.

23642[/snapback]

These places look reasonable...and they have the type I need...should be helpful to you as well.

4Allmemory.com

Computer memorystore