Need to trade for a pass rusher

I had these discussions and was told how guys like Butler, Jefferson, Addison are an upgrade. No. 

How would Clowney be looking on the Bills? You see in the game last night - may not have big numbers but he impacts plays all game long. 

• Like (+1) 2

clowney would have been a huge get for this team.  that 2nd year late pick (johnson?) and epenesa are basically trash.  last night we had too many holes on the roster, lacking at RB, TE, LB, CB and DE.  those are too many weak spots vs a balanced and strong team like Ten.

On 9/20/2020 at 7:08 PM, LeGOATski said:

I think Addison has 3 sacks

Edit: Make that 2. I guess Fitz got back to the LOS on one.

Having sacks isn’t the biggest positive, it’s getting pressure. 

We have literally no pressure. That’s why Hughes is struggling. There’s no one else creating pressure.

• Like (+1) 1

So with holding calls non existent and holding essentially legal at this point.  Add that into the quick throw offenses more and more teams are playing, how much of the future you want to sink into someone to get maybe 10 sacks a year.  It is what it is, address it in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I was right before the season, when I started this thread, and I'm still right. The defense is terrible and its not just 2020 phenomenon. 

Bills need to make a move or two to improve front 7. It may be they need a true #1 technique guy that can free up Oliver. Maybe they bench Murphy for Epenesa. Could he be any worse? Hopefully Beane realizes now it's a crisis and he can work some magic.

5 weeks in and I'd say it's a chronic problem. What is also lost on people is we are in top 10 in blitzing attempts, only problem is no one has so much as created a hurry blitzing (check the stats). We are 31st in hurrys, 32 in sack%......it is really hurting and the team can't cover right now either. Not to mention the zone is getting chewed up by any QB.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So with holding calls non existent and holding essentially legal at this point.  Add that into the quick throw offenses more and more teams are playing, how much of the future you want to sink into someone to get maybe 10 sacks a year.  It is what it is, address it in the draft.

I want to win now. Pass rush creates turnovers. 

20 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Turnovers are largely a Luck event sorry

Well that is entirely untrue. Fumbles to some degree are given the uncertainty of the recovery of the ball. But strip sacks are about technique and pressure does lead to interceptions( not all of course).

I agree that the lack of holding calls makes pass rushing more difficult. But it doesn't diminish the importance of pressuring the QB. 

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Well that is entirely untrue. Fumbles to some degree are given the uncertainty of the recovery of the ball. But strip sacks are about technique and pressure does lead to interceptions( not all of course).

I agree that the lack of holding calls makes pass rushing more difficult. But it doesn't diminish the importance of pressuring the QB. 

Majority of interceptions are Tips and Overthrows.  That is Luck.  Sorry that is the reality.  Seahawks have a horrible defense but have been "lucky" in the TO department