Make America Rake Again

SectionC3

Trump believes that wildfires could be stopped by a new technique that he, a lifelong city-dweller, has pioneered: forest raking.  That’s right.  Rake the floors of the forests and you still stop forest fires.  All along I thought the forest fires occurred because Smoky the Bear is a communist arsonist Antifa agitator.  Looks like I was wrong.  It’s shoddy yard work that is to blame.  

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/08/20/trump-blames-california-for-wildfires-tells-state-you-gotta-clean-your-floors-1311059

Discuss, and please feel free to share your view on the efficacy of the forest floor raking initiative.  

Edited by SectionC3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Serious response to a serious issue: 

1. There are immediate causes of forest fires and long-term causes.

2. Poor forest management, including lack of controlled burns and removal of underbrush, no doubt contribute to the outbreak -- and incredible spread -- of fires.

3. This is in the category of short-term proper forest management, and as people have pointed out, the overwhelming percentage of California/Oregon/Washington forest land is on federally managed land.

4. There are longer term causes, including climate change. We can debate the causes of climate change, but not the fact that there is a significant trend in the wrong direction for the western U.S.

5. Long-term trends are not amenable to short-term fixes. Incremental reduction in greenhouse gases may have (if global) a positive effect, but that effect would not be felt for decades. Or longer.

In other words, both responses ("it's all about poor forest management!" "It's all about global climate change") are incomplete.

4 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:
You've chosen to ignore content by SectionC3. 

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. 

You've chosen to ignore content by The Frankish Reich

11 Times Men Imitated Women On Instagram And Nailed It!

Fun! Unforgiven is ignoring me! We can talk about her behind her back.

She didn't like my defense of the President's suggestions on forest management. Oh well. That's what you get from a libtard. I hope her Bills takes are similarly well considered.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Unforgiven said:
You've chosen to ignore content by SectionC3. 

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. 

You've chosen to ignore content by The Frankish Reich

11 Times Men Imitated Women On Instagram And Nailed It!

You have chosen to be a kitty. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Trump believes that wildfires could be stopped by a new technique that he, a lifelong city-dweller, has pioneered: forest raking.  That’s right.  Rake the floors of the forests and you still stop forest fires.  All along I thought the forest fires occurred because Smoky the Bear is a communist arsonist Antifa agitator.  Looks like I was wrong.  It’s shoddy yard work that is to blame.  

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/08/20/trump-blames-california-for-wildfires-tells-state-you-gotta-clean-your-floors-1311059

Discuss, and please feel free to share your view on the efficacy of the forest floor raking initiative.  

You make light of a rake but I would imagine the grounds just outside of your apartment building probably could stand some TLC.  While you are at it maybe see what condition the snow shovel is in.  Heaven forbid that you have to shovel to perform a civil duty such as voting but think of the poor children (and more to the point their parents) who need to go to the cannabis shop.

20 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You make light of a rake but I would imagine the grounds just outside of your apartment building probably could stand some TLC.  While you are at it maybe see what condition the snow shovel is in.  Heaven forbid that you have to shovel to perform a civil duty such as voting but think of the poor children (and more to the point their parents) who need to go to the cannabis shop.

You going to a Trump super spreader rally? 

I lived in the hills outside SF and you are constantly reminded to "create defensible space," which includes clearing underbrush, making sure you don't build a house right next to the trees, etc. It is common sense.

There's a lot to ridicule, but the fact that proper forest management is essential isn't one of them.

(now let's see if that bland common sense response will get me ignored by some other freaks)

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

Hoax.  Also, it’s civic duty, not civil duty. 

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I lived in the hills outside SF and you are constantly reminded to "create defensible space," which includes clearing underbrush, making sure you don't build a house right next to the trees, etc. It is common sense.

There's a lot to ridicule, but the fact that proper forest management is essential isn't one of them.

(now let's see if that bland common sense response will get me ignored by some other freaks)

Sure.  But that’s different from raking forests. If Trump had iterated your words, then there would be no joke here.