Police Terrorism Group

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

What about your post is funny? How about damn near all of it?

From your claim that the video refutes my stance instead of provides evidence that it's indeed true that cops have poor training and poor character,
To the accusation that I'm somehow a POS for sharing pictures videos and reports of violence police committed. How are they not the POS?,
To The notion when they did everything they could, including practically begging, a guy to comply when video evidence shows them screaming at him before assaulting him,
To the notion that you contradict yourself seconds later by stating you've been in that exact situation many times 'Repeatedly threatening force, and hoping for compliance",
To the notion that you somehow see yourself as doing a noble thing by threatening another person while they are the bad guy for "formulating a plan" prevent your threat of force

What would I have done differently to de-escalate the situation? Almost everything.

In my opinion from based on what I can see on the video, the officers did everything they could to make their suspect feel like a cornered animal

Once it became clear that the suspect was unwilling to comply, I would have utilized far different techniques in an attempt to gain compliance.

I would have utilized a far less threatening tone and manner of speech,
I would have refrained from shining a high lumen flashlight in his eyes,
I would have heard him out without interrupting him unless I had to
I would have tried to empathize with his situation and showed him how I understood
I would use that relationship to help him understand what I needed to do and why- setting limits

Any one of those things would have drastically changed the entire tone of the conversation and the interaction. Using the approach that you treat everyone like a criminal is dog****. It results in innocent people being harassed and assaulted, escalates potential conflicts into realities, and worst of all it doesn't even work when the person actually is a criminal or with a person that has the capability for violence - in self preservation or otherwise.

As they say, when all you've got is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

So, just to clarify, you think asking the convicted felon with a gun hidden under his seat in pretty please tones is going to gain compliance? What world do you live in?

9 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

So, just to clarify, you think asking the convicted felon with a gun hidden under his seat in pretty please tones is going to gain compliance? What world do you live in?

No, I think that techniques based on an understanding of human psychology might. Maybe they should keep doing it like they did, though. It seemed to work well.

In fact next time you don't get a satisfactory result anywhere you happen to be, just try repeatedly yelling what wasn't already effective and then start amping up the threats. I'm interested in your results.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

There are terrible people in every profession. Not just terrible at their job, but terrible human beings. People that murder, assault, abuse, etc.

The big difference between being a financial advisor that randomly beats up clients and being a cop that beats up protesters, is that I don't think your co-workers will idly stand by while you do it, or even join in, and then back you up later during investigations. They'll either stop you, get help or tell the truth about what happened later. I've shared so many examples in this thread, but just taking the Martin Gugino example - there are 57 other officers on that street where the two buffalo cops pushed him down. Not one checks to see if he's ok, not one confronts or apprehends their fellow officer, not one calls for an ambulance or goes for help. They watch, or maybe even ignore, as a 75 year old man with a now fractured skull bleeds out on a sidewalk. He spent 8 weeks in the ICU. 8 weeks.

I'm not sure how they do things at your advisory firm, but maybe you can tell me. Is that how your coworkers, is that how YOU would respond if someone at your shop did that?

Depends on if people were around the country throwing bottles,  Molotov cocktails,  shooting etc financial advisors and we carried weapons and someone reached for one of my colleague’s weapons I’d likely leave the old man down too.  He was an stupid. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I’m not going any further with that story.  We did thar one to death already. 

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

No, I think that techniques based on an understanding of human psychology might. Maybe they should keep doing it like they did, though. It seemed to work well.

In fact next time you don't get a satisfactory result anywhere you happen to be, just try repeatedly yelling what wasn't already effective and then start amping up the threats. I'm interested in your results.

I agree that they asked too many times. Ask - tell - make. Repeatedly giving the same commands and hoping for a different response is poor tactic. Good luck in all your future endeavors. Might wanna avoid helicopters though. 

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

I agree that they asked too many times. Ask - tell - make. Repeatedly giving the same commands and hoping for a different response is poor tactic. Good luck in all your future endeavors. Might wanna avoid helicopters though. 

Might want to avoid parking your car in LA?

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Depends on if people were around the country throwing bottles,  Molotov cocktails,  shooting etc financial advisors and we carried weapons and someone reached for one of my colleague’s weapons I’d likely leave the old man down too.  He was an stupid. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. I’m not going any further with that story.  We did thar one to death already. 

ANTIFA is a result of fascism. If you want ANTIFA gone, the good news is I've got a 100% surefire way to do that immediately. Stop police from killing, assaulting, abusing members of the public.

You seem to be arguing that police brutality has arisen from anti-fascism. It's the other way around.

1 minute ago, Joe Miner said:

Threat?

Nope. Like Sig's "advice" to me, it's just a knowledge of history being shared.

Edited by BullBuchanan

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

ANTIFA is a result of fascism. If you want ANTIFA gone, the good news is I've got a 100% surefire way to do that immediately. Stop police from killing, assaulting, abusing members of the public.

You seem to be arguing that police brutality has arisen from anti-fascism. It's the other way around.

Nope.

Sure looks like you’re making a threat against another poster to me.

What percentage of police officers have fired their weapons in the line of duty?  

On 9/14/2020 at 8:55 PM, BullBuchanan said:

officer Jared Yuen can be heard yelling "Hell yeah, let's get some" and "Let's get these motherf******"
"Shut up, b****," the officer responded.

Wish it was you on the other end !!!

GO BILLS !!!

Edited by Putin

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Back to the topic at hand:

LA Branch of organized terrorist police group assault journalist Sean Beckner-Carmitchel

I think you should consider retracting your previous threat against another poster before you get back to the topic at hand.

I don't know for certain, and am not making any claim where I feel that is relevant. It doesn't matter to me.

Hell yeah it’s relevant  You pretty much accused a majority of cops as bad players and you don’t even know how many have fired their weapon while on duty.  

Vilifying a whole group based on a few bad actors is an emotional argument. I don’t debate with emotions. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Hell yeah it’s relevant  You pretty much accused a majority of cops as bad players and you don’t even know how many have fired their weapon while on duty.  

Vilifying a whole group based on a few bad actors is an emotional argument. I don’t debate with emotions. 

I'm making no argument that requires a police officer to fire their weapon in order to be a bad actor. No weapon was fired at George Floyd or Eric Garner, domestic abuse does not require any weapons to be fired, nor does the assault of protesters and/or journalists.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm making no argument that requires a police officer to fire their weapon in order to be a bad actor. No weapon was fired at George Floyd or Eric Garner, domestic abuse does not require any weapons to be fired, nor does the assault of protesters and/or journalists.

Ok what percentage of police officers in the US have committed abuse?   And so you know 27% of police officers have fired their weapons in the line of duty and I would imagine a vast majority were justified.